Lions 2009 thread

Started by Hound, February 12, 2009, 04:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBXII

Agree, Hook should definitley be at 10, and I think Earls should at least be on the bench with Darcy ahead of Bowe. Is Luke gone home?

thebandit

If I was Darcy I'd walk out..... obvious that McGeechan really doesn't want to play him.

Roger

Quote from: GBXII on July 02, 2009, 02:46:34 PM
Agree, Hook should definitley be at 10, and I think Earls should at least be on the bench with Darcy ahead of Bowe. Is Luke gone home?
Don't see why Jones should be dropped for Hook.

gallsman

Quote from: Roger on July 02, 2009, 05:08:17 PM
Quote from: GBXII on July 02, 2009, 02:46:34 PM
Don't see why Jones should be dropped for Hook.

Yep, I'd have had Hook in the cente. Why Flutey is playing is beyond me. Is Fitzgerald injured or why is Monye back in the team?

Hoof Hearted

surely Earls was a straight swap for BOD ? The whole shift must be to get Shane Williams on.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

muppet

Quote from: thebandit on July 02, 2009, 04:57:21 PM
If I was Darcy I'd walk out..... obvious that McGeechan really doesn't want to play him.

D'Arcy walked out the last time which is why some people think he left is on the fringe.
MWWSI 2017

kumquat

What are the justice armbands the springboks are wearing for?
Buy us a pint then Boselecta!!!

tyroneboi

Quote from: kumquat on July 04, 2009, 02:46:09 PM
What are the justice armbands the springboks are wearing for?

Justice for Bakkies Botha apparently. Flutey playing very well both in defence and attack. Really hope they can finish the job off this week. Kearney having another stormer apart from that last kick for touch.

gallsman

Great try by Monye. Ellis on? Why???? >:(

Capt Pat

22-6 up and they put Ellis at scrum half and Phillips to inside centre. This messing around is not a good idea. Surely Hook should be on at inside centre.

gallsman

Great win. Make you wonder what could have been. Woulda, coulda, shouda...

tyroneboi

Heaslip, Phillips and O'Conneill were outstanding I thought. They deserved a test win for the way they played over the 3 tests.

Capt Pat

in terms of points scored in the games they had the better points difference. They were close to winning it 3 nil. I think if Ferris had stayed fit they would have.

tyroneboi

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 04, 2009, 04:10:49 PM
in terms of points scored in the games they had the better points difference. They were close to winning it 3 nil. I think if Ferris had stayed fit they would have.

No doubt Ferris was the biggest loss of the tour. Would have been made for that test last week. Can't wait for the DVD to come out now hopefully it will be much better than the tripe they released in 2005.

Bring on Australia 2013!!

Declan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/8135211.stm

Interesting piece from Martyn Williams here- Very fulsome in his praise of O'Connell