Question re Belfast

Started by Declan, February 12, 2009, 02:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Folks - Would ye recommend the Ramada for a weekend break?

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Minder

Quote from: Declan on February 12, 2009, 02:15:14 PM
Folks - Would ye recommend the Ramada for a weekend break?

My friend is having his wedding reception in it next year and obviously he was well impressed with it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Orior

Do you mean the Ramada at Shaws Bridge? Its about 3 mile out of the city centre, but walking distance from the Belfast to Lisburn towpath so nice enough area.

They can also provide sports massages. Nudge nudge wink wink berry berry.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

girt_giggler

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

No.
Too far out and not even in a nice area.
Plenty to choose from in the city itself, and most reasonably priced or if you want a country break then try somewhere further up the coast towards the glens.
Tbc....

Rois

Declan - if you're going to spend the weekend in the hotel, then it's grand, nice place, nice food, good gym and beauty salon etc. 

Not if you're coming up to trip around Belfast for the craic. 

girt_giggler

If you wanna go out of the city then don't look any further than Galgorm Manor. A little pricey but its some spot

Maguire01

It's only a 15 minute taxi trip from the City Centre and a nice spot if you want country walks (along the towpath) but still want to be close to the city. If you're coming up to party, it's the wrong place.

kumquat

Quote from: Orior on February 12, 2009, 02:39:06 PM
Do you mean the Ramada at Shaws Bridge? Its about 3 mile out of the city centre, but walking distance from the Belfast to Lisburn towpath so nice enough area.

They can also provide sports massages. Nudge nudge wink wink berry berry.

;D

Dukes has just been refurbished & ive heard good reports. out of the city centre yet only 10 mins walk away.
check out the link.

www.dukesatqueens.com
Buy us a pint then Boselecta!!!

ardmhachaabu

Hmmm... a more detailed 'No' is called for here I think.

Their food is over-priced and there is not enough of it.  On top of that it is in a bad area, contrary to what some posters have said.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Minder

Has there been bother associated with it, the fact that it isnt in a "good area" ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Declan

Thanks for the advice folks - Too old to be partying unless its in A Hardy's bar!!.

Probably will look elsewhere as want to be central enough

ONeill

Has a great bonfire outside it once in a while.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Minder on February 12, 2009, 08:41:49 PM
Has there been bother associated with it, the fact that it isnt in a "good area" ?
Yes, some of the locals have developed a bad habit of burning cars with southern registrations parking at it