Best website ever! Seriously..........I mean it.

Started by muppet, February 10, 2009, 06:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

I was looking up the try scoring record of Vincent Clerk (he who robbed us  2 years ago) and I came across this profile on a site called SpeedyLook encyclopedia:

Vincent Clerk

Here is some of the wonderful information offered:

Quote  Vincent Clerk , born on May 7th, 1981 with Échirolles (Isere), is a player of Rugby to XV and seven French. He plays in team of France and evolves/moves at the station of winger, sometimes half of fray, within the manpower of the Stade Toulousain (1,78 m for 88 kg).

Career
In club

* Until 2002:
    * Since 2002:
          o Season 2006-2007: 8 tests of 23 matches of Signal 14
          o Saison 2005-2006: 11 tests in 26 matches of Signal 14
          o Saison 2004-2005: 12 tests in 25 matches of Signal 16
    * 55 tests marked with the Stade Toulousain including 16 out of H Cup

In national team
It honoured its first wraps international in team of France on November 9th, 2002 in Rugby with XV against the Springboks.

Prize list
In club

* Finalist of the championship of France: 2003, 2006 Victorious
    * of the cut of Europe: 2003, 2005
          o Finalist: 2004

In national team
(Up to date to the 11.10.07)

* 27 selections in team of France since 2002
    * 15 tests (75 points)
    * Selections per year: 3 in 2002,7 in 2003, 3 in 2004, 2 in 2005, 1 in 2006, 11 in 2007
    * Tournaments of the six disputed nations: 2003, 2004, 2007
    * Large slam: 2004 Victorious
    * of the tournament of the six nations: 2004,2007
    * Team of France -21 years: participation in the championship of the world 2002 in South Africa
    * Team of France of Rugby to seven (participation in the tournament of Paris 2005)
    * Victorious of the tournament of Paris 2005 (first victory of the team of France at the time of a stage of the world seven circuit)

In 2007 he is the best marker of the team of France.

I then decided to see what it had to say about sport in general. Best of luck with this:

Sport

QuoteThe  Sport is a term defining a great number of exercises, physics even intellectual of leisure. The sports are exerted in the form of individual or collective plays being able to give place to competitions.

The sport is a quasi universal phenomenon in time and space. The ancient Greece, the ancient Rome, Byzance, the medieval Occident then modern, but also the America précolombienne or the Asia, all are marked by the importance of the sport. Certain periods are especially marked by interdicts, as it is the case in Great Britain Moyen-âge with the modern Time.

What the sport?
The term of " Sport" for root the word of Vieux French desport has which means "entertainment, physical pleasure or of the spirit". While crossing the Handle, desport is moulted in sport and evacuates of its field the general concept of leisures to concentrate on the only physical-activities. The German language admits the sport term and its English definition in 1831; France makes use for the first time of it as of 1828. Thus, since then, the sport does not include any more the various board games or plays of the spirit which made the joy of a Gargantua. The multiplication of the sports, which does not go back to yesterday, poses problem with some.

Is it thus necessary to admit the contests of Chien S of shepherd like a sport? Vast problem for much, debate of rear-guard for others which group the sports in three main categories: the Olympic sports , not-Olympic sports having vocation to become Olympic, and the other sports says minor, of which the contest of sheepdogs. This last category appears heterogeneous, but the gasoline even sporting movement is not located there. Some then put the importance on the existence of competitions, but it is a false debate, because the sport of leisures remains sport.
MWWSI 2017

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: muppet on February 10, 2009, 06:51:56 PM
I was looking up the try scoring record of Vincent Clerk (he who robbed us  2 years ago) and I came across this profile on a site called SpeedyLook encyclopedia:

Vincent Clerk

Here is some of the wonderful information offered:

How do you create the link like you've done there Muppet where you can put a name in instead of the web address?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Caid

I doubt Phil Mack's delusional...that girl on Hills of Donegal is surely not from Donegal whilst the one on Rose of Clare is wearing sunglasses and a bit of a tan.  Blow ins to be sure!
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written