How long should an Album/CDbe?

Started by Denn Forever, February 09, 2009, 04:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

What are poster's opinion on this? 

I find the current trend of including a bonus CD giving tracks in their demo stage a bit OTT.

My presonal feeling is that if there are more than 12 songs, there are some fillers there. 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

thebandit

Usually Cavan men like a bit of value :o

Billys Boots

How long will it be before Cavan can muster a team to beat Longford?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Harold Disgracey

Denn Forever

Quote from: Billys Boots on February 09, 2009, 04:54:35 PM
How long will it be before Cavan can muster a team to beat Longford?

Who cares about the league and there are more interesting venues in Div 3.  Come on the championship!!
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

thejuice

I dont think it matters how many tracks are on an album, its more of a case of how long it is. A CD can hold 80 mins of music. Very few artists can produce an album almost that lenght that will keep your interest right through. Im not including compliations and "best of"s when I say that. The whole trend of tacking on "bonus" material is complete shjte which no-one will end up listening too but its there to compell people to go out and buy CD's.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Maguire01

40-45 minutes is best. Too many albums go on far too long. Metallica have a habit of this. AC/DC's last album should have been cut off at 10 tracks as well. Sometimes less really is more.

The bonus disc/deluxe package is all an attempt to counter the download trend and keep CD sales alive. Generally the bonus material is crap, but sometimes it's decent enough.

Tony Baloney

Dozen tracks at about 4 mins apiece. All killer, no filler.