Nicest Crisps?

Started by fred the red, February 08, 2009, 09:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Salt and vinegar hunky dory's still the best

tbrick18

Quote from: Upandover on June 09, 2022, 01:50:55 PM
Tudor specials used to be unreal, roast beef and pickle and gammon and pineapple, unreal!
Nowadays the spicy chicken wings or jalapeno & cheese arent bad.

Loved these! There was a sour cream and onion flavour too.
Tudors in general were a class crisp.

Upandover

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 09, 2022, 04:51:21 PM
Quote from: Upandover on June 09, 2022, 01:50:55 PM
Tudor specials used to be unreal, roast beef and pickle and gammon and pineapple, unreal!
Nowadays the spicy chicken wings or jalapeno & cheese arent bad.

Loved these! There was a sour cream and onion flavour too.
Tudors in general were a class crisp.

Yea they were class, spicy chicken tudor were unreal too.

Found a ruffles crisp on holiday one year that was a very close match to the roast beef and pickle, suitcase was packed with them coming home lol.

Tony Baloney

Some weird cats on this board. Getting more of an insight into the characters here than a politics thread! My Granny preferred "plain" crisps but growing up there probably weren't any other flavours so I have to question you lads that prefer ready salted!

Bought a multi-pack on the way home from work this eve and had 2 bags in the car  :-[. IT. MUST. STOP!

Nanderson

Does anyone remember the black packet of walkers that they done years ago, was like a bbq flavour or something like that. used to love them

Minus15

Bikers
Cheese & Onion Pringles
Down South Tayto
Steak McCoy's

HiMucker

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 09, 2022, 10:26:48 AM
I'm a divil for the crisps and that's my biggest struggle weight wise. The worst thing that was every created was a 'share bag'. Like who the f**k ever shares a 'share' bag?!?
Now I might get shouted down for even suggesting a healthy option on here, but "Oho! Lentil chips maple bacon" flavour" are amazing. Not as good as some of the greats but definitely a lot better than most standard crisps. Massive bag is only about 400 odd cals. Only downside is they stick in your teeth a bit as they are like a corn snack. Get them for £1 in home bargains. They come in sour cream and chive but I haven't tried those.

Milltown Row2

Wife was saying they ain't as healthy as you think lol...

She's bought some salt and vinegar mini chips... 84 calories a packet
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thewobbler

Anything ridge cut is always better than the traditional crisp.

Keoghs, McCoys, Hunky Dorys.

Wouldn't miss Tayto or Walkers if they disappeared from the earth.

Gabriel_Hurl

PMG1

Love the crisps, unfortunately. Personal favourites:

Walkers Max Cheese and Onion
Walkers Pickles Onion
Spirals
And is Scampi Fries cheating, they are hard to beat, suck the flavour off first then let it melt in your mouth

lurganblue

It's crisps over chocolate for me any day.

I dont think there's a bag of crisps i wouldnt eat, apart from them Brannigans Roast Beef and Mustard.

Recently i have veered more towards the corn based crisps as being my favourites. Bugles Southern Fried BBQ are my favs, at the moment.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: PMG1 on June 10, 2022, 01:58:52 AM

Walkers Pickles Onion
Spirals
And is Scampi Fries cheating, they are hard to beat, suck the flavour off first then let it melt in your mouth

Worked in a bar years ago and there was an aul boy in it who was convinced he passed the breathalyser test on the way home from the pub because he had a bag of scampi fries before he went home.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on June 10, 2022, 08:48:21 AM
Quote from: PMG1 on June 10, 2022, 01:58:52 AM

Walkers Pickles Onion
Spirals

Worked in a bar years ago and there was an aul boy in it who was convinced he passed the breathalyser test on the way home from the pub because he had a bag of scampi fries before he went home.

The cop took one whiff of his breathe and ran a mile!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tyrdub

Just got a flashback of Tudor Gammon & Pineapple Crisps, lovely.

Think they had a few other weird flavours as well.

The boss brought home a packet of Kettle crisps last night, great crisps.

And now I've realised I'm a crispaholic