U2

Started by 5 Sams, February 07, 2009, 11:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: theskull1 on June 24, 2011, 10:57:04 PM
Quote from: maddog on June 24, 2011, 10:13:22 PM
They've started rightly but if they play that " put on yer boots" the tele is going off.

:D Ni night maddog

Not a patch on muse imo.
:D it's safe to come back maddog!

The Boss set was magic - helped along by the fact that I was half lit whilst watching it.

michaelg

Abolute loada boz

Declan

Might be just me and a few pints but Bono's voice doesn't seem to be there really. They still have a great set of songs mind you

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Declan on June 24, 2011, 11:24:02 PM
Might be just me and a few pints but Bono's voice doesn't seem to be there really. They still have a great set of songs mind you
He seemed to be having bother with high notes as he kept pressing his left monitor into his ear when he went for a high one. They were certainly value for money anyway.

3000 miles away

i was at u2,two nights ago in baltimore USA, this is bound to have taken an effect on the band, they were brillant and it was one of bono's better performances ive seen, overall concert was f#cking brillant.

lurganblue

I enjoyed U2 last night. The fact that Bono is a welt doesn't put me off their music. I thought they were excellent. In saying that, they shouldn't have tried to do some of coldplay's yellow. Shite

ross matt

Quote from: Declan on June 24, 2011, 11:24:02 PM

Not just you Declan. Thought the same myself. The papers raved about the show this am though. The weather conditions might have affected the sound also I suppose....

Bingo

Loved the set last night, would love to see them do that in Dublin on a similar stage with their own crowd. It would be electric.

Re bono's voice, on the high notes he struggled near the end but in other parts it was great. I'd say the travels took it's toll. He actually looked very uncomfortable on BBC after it in studio. Like others I just ignore his rants, like the edge does who just laughs and makes faces behind him as he goes off on one. But as part of the 4 he never fails to put on a show. I don't think you can do what he does for so long without having a massive ego and been a shrinking violet, it comes with the terority.

Shamrock Shore

Take away the Edge's pedals and he's MEH! Bono's a nob but he wasn't too nobish last night

I don't like U2 anymore - lost interest in early 90s but still think Adam and Larry are way under-rated. They get the job done with no fuss. And they do a fine job.

Mullen actually smiled in the interview tent. Which, by all accounts, is some achievement.

The Gs Man

What I want to know is, with Bono and Chris Martin at Glastonbury, who the f**k's looking after Africa?
Keep 'er lit

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Gs Man on June 25, 2011, 03:09:51 PM
What I want to know is, with Bono and Chris Martin at Glastonbury, who the f**k's looking after Africa?
The Boomtown Rat is babysitting.

Orangemac

Set was good, still have great back catalogue.

Nearly vomitted watching cringeworthy arselicking interview with Zane Lowe (dickhead) afterwards though.

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 25, 2011, 11:24:22 AM
Take away the Edge's pedals and he's MEH! Bono's a nob but he wasn't too nobish last night

I don't like U2 anymore - lost interest in early 90s but still think Adam and Larry are way under-rated. They get the job done with no fuss. And they do a fine job.

Mullen actually smiled in the interview tent. Which, by all accounts, is some achievement.
Same here.

I came across 'Bad " the other day. What do the lyrics mean or are they just nonsense?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Bono is a cockhead.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Bingo

Bad is about the heroin plague that hit Dublin in the 80's. Great tune.

If all cockheads were like Bono the world would be a better place.