U2

Started by 5 Sams, February 07, 2009, 11:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: muppet on August 01, 2009, 12:41:47 AM
Quote from: mc_grens on July 31, 2009, 09:53:49 AM
Admitedly I am looking at this through E-street tinted glasses

So post on the Springsteen thread. And please mention that his Sat night was awful. Meanwhile U2 Sat was awesome. Fair enough the weather wasn't Bruce's fault but neither was it U2's. If you want to post how great you think Bruce is start a thread or post on his earlier thread. Don't be the scouser on the manc thread.

Even I'd have to admit Saturday was really good. Bruce is a different act but I will concede I do prefer Bruce. I think U2 have recaptured a bit of their youth again in terms of connecting with the audience again by playing some the hits that made them really famous after not playing them at concerts for maybe a decade and beyond in some cases.

Louth Exile

Quote from: INDIANA on August 01, 2009, 11:37:42 AM

So post on the Springsteen thread. And please mention that his Sat night was awful. Meanwhile U2 Sat was awesome. Fair enough the weather wasn't Bruce's fault but neither was it U2's. If you want to post how great you think Bruce is start a thread or post on his earlier thread. Don't be the scouser on the manc thread.

Even I'd have to admit Saturday was really good. Bruce is a different act but I will concede I do prefer Bruce. I think U2 have recaptured a bit of their youth again in terms of connecting with the audience again by playing some the hits that made them really famous after not playing them at concerts for maybe a decade and beyond in some cases.

??? ???
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

muppet

Quote from: Louth Exile on August 01, 2009, 11:57:03 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 01, 2009, 11:37:42 AM

??? ???

I can't figure them out either Louth Exile.
MWWSI 2017

5 Sams

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 07, 2009, 11:32:14 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on February 07, 2009, 11:11:06 PM
..right lads and lasses...like them or not the biggest band in the world are about to release a new album...and by all accounts they are gonna be playing ar an talamh naofa in July.

If you're a fan gimme your top 3 U2 tunes.......... if you're not a fan you know you love their music ;)...join in..

Seo mo rogha

Red Hill Mining Town
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytRekLUX3GE

Staring at the Sun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A8-N_SUcUc

And then of course the daddy of them all......

Bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPyhYczii8I

Are they really the biggest band in the world still? Is a U2 concert really an "event"? I've seen them before but I think they've been pretty gash for a good few years now.

However, in the spirit of the thread:
Red Hill Mining Town is a great call 5Sams.
I Will Follow.
Angel of Harlem

I think last weekend probably answered your question Tony.
The Aristocrat Years

the colonel

Have a mate who had to go to hospital for a couple of days so I have a spare ticket for Glasgow tomorrow night.

If anyone knows someone who might be interested send me a PM

Cheers
the difference between success and failure is energy

Cúig huaire

Good concert on Saturday night, though not quite as good as Croke Park, just not the same atmosphere.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

Tempoman

The gig from Shefflied is being broadcast on radio aire tonite.
http://www.radioaire.co.uk

Cúig huaire

Rumour has it that U2 will end their current tour in October 2010 with a gig in Croke Park.

5 Sams

I didnt realise they were coming back to Europe next year...

http://www.u2.com/tour/index/

No sign of a Dublin date yet.
The Aristocrat Years

5 Sams

LMJ in todays Sindo saying that he would like to end the tour in Belfast next September.....he says there have been talks about it....where would this be....Casement? Back in Botanic Gardens?
The Aristocrat Years

DrinkingHarp

U2 to stream LIVE on youtube this Sunday........

U2 to stream entire concert live on YouTube
      Tue Oct 20, 8:09 am ET
LONDON (Reuters) – U2 will stream an entire concert live on the YouTube video sharing site this weekend, the Irish band said on their website. Sunday's show at the Rose Bowl in California is already a sellout, with an audience of 96,000 expected, and U2 said it would be the first time for such a large show to be streamed live.

"The band has wanted to do something like this for a long time," said manager Paul McGuinness in a statement.

"As we're filming the LA show, it's the perfect opportunity to extend the party beyond the stadium. Fans often travel long distances to come to see U2 -- this time U2 can go to them, globally."

Google Inc's YouTube will stream the concert across five continents, and two replays will be available after the live feed -- on www.U2.com and YouTube.

The band behind hits like "Beautiful Day" and "Sunday Bloody Sunday" kicked off the U2 360 Tour in Barcelona in June and has boasted high attendances by using a circular platform that can be viewed from all sides of arena.

YouTube has had an uneasy relationship with the record industry in recent years, with labels arguing that popular social networking and online video sites should pay them more for the right to feature their artists.

At the same time they recognize the importance of maintaining their presence on sites that help shape young fans' musical tastes.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Cúig huaire

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 06, 2009, 12:25:41 PM
I didnt realise they were coming back to Europe next year...

http://www.u2.com/tour/index/

No sign of a Dublin date yet.

Talk of both a Dublin & Belfast date yesterday on 2FM to end the tour.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

5 Sams

I see the Glastonbury set is being braodcast live on BBC3 and Setanta tonight at 10pm. ;D
The Aristocrat Years