The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: Bingo on June 29, 2011, 02:24:28 PM
Wickham gone to Sunderland. It appears that the strong rumours that he was coming to Liverpool and wanted the move were incorrect and that Sunderland have outbid us - using our money from Henderson deal.

Tony Barrett suggesting that our valuation was way off and we weren't willing to match sunderlands. At a guess, I'd say we valued him in same bracket as Ngog and saw one as replacing the other for the same price.

While its worrying that we appear to be a position of been unbid for not huge amounts, its positive that we are been cautious and careful. Some raised eyebrows at Hendersons price but Wickham is a much greater risk - younger and unproven in the EPL plus a striker lives or dies by goals scored, so that always a risk.

I hope they have alternatives in place.

cautious and careful :D, you do remember you paid £35 mill for big Andy who is hardly the finished article either

Bingo

Quote from: Boycey on June 29, 2011, 02:57:32 PM
Wickham gone to Sunderland. It appears that the strong rumours that he was coming to Liverpool and wanted the move were incorrect and that Sunderland have outbid us - using our money from Henderson deal.

Tony Barrett suggesting that our valuation was way off and we weren't willing to match sunderlands. At a guess, I'd say we valued him in same bracket as Ngog and saw one as replacing the other for the same price.

While its worrying that we appear to be a position of been unbid for not huge amounts, its positive that we are been cautious and careful. Some raised eyebrows at Hendersons price but Wickham is a much greater risk - younger and unproven in the EPL plus a striker lives or dies by goals scored, so that always a risk.

cautious and careful :D, you do remember you paid £35 mill for big Andy who is hardly the finished article either

Chelsea paid that for us. He knows how to finish a pint.

gawa316

Shouldn't that be WE

Boycey

Quote from: gawa316 on June 29, 2011, 04:05:46 PM

Shouldn't that be WE

Indeed, I'm also disappointed in the loss of wee Sammy Lee today, who is going to do all the clapping and pointing now??

EC Unique

Quote from: Boycey on June 29, 2011, 04:52:49 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 29, 2011, 04:05:46 PM

Shouldn't that be WE

Indeed, I'm also disappointed in the loss of wee Sammy Lee today, who is going to do all the clapping and pointing now??

:D :D Gutted as well. Wee Sammy was always the source of much amusment.

Bingo

Quote from: EC Unique on June 29, 2011, 05:30:05 PM

:D :D Gutted as well. Wee Sammy was always the source of much amusment.
[/quote]

Indeed, he'll just have to spend his days polishing all his medals now.

EagleLord

King Kenny

Tweet from John w Henry just now.

Speculation on players shouldn't include those of a certain age. We are not going to be successful by merely filling short-term needs at LFC

muppet

Quote from: King Kenny on June 29, 2011, 05:56:18 PM

Speculation on players shouldn't include those of a certain age. We are not going to be successful by merely filling short-term needs at LFC

Michael Owen needn't bother watching the mobile then.
MWWSI 2017

deiseach

The club have made 2,000 extra season tickets available and are putting the waiting list online for the first time. Mrs d applied for one in the late 1990's! Fingers crossed . . .

deiseach

Quote from: muppet on June 29, 2011, 05:58:46 PM
Quote from: King Kenny on June 29, 2011, 05:56:18 PM

Michael Owen needn't bother watching the mobile then.

If Liverpool need someone who can score two goals a season, I'm sure they can coax Eric Meijer out of retirement

Hank Everlast

Heard the day we are in for Jay boothroyd on a free.. Wudnt be a bad signing as backup for the front men. A damn sight better than ngog anyway.

supersub

The King is in town today.... Read that he is an honoury graduate for UU! He was in the Waterfront this morning, probably only a flying visit doubt he will explore the city any further!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: deiseach on June 30, 2011, 04:57:17 PM
The club have made 2,000 extra season tickets available and are putting the waiting list online for the first time. Mrs d applied for one in the late 1990's! Fingers crossed . . .

Deiseach goes straight to the top of my 'who to contact' list :)

Billys Boots

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 01, 2011, 01:56:22 PM
Quote from: deiseach on June 30, 2011, 04:57:17 PM

Deiseach goes straight to the top of my 'who to contact' list :)

Do you think he might (from time to time) facilitate a deluded pre-teen and his long-suffering father?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...