The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Last night has made me see how much Villa have missed Barry, his link play from defence to attack is brilliant.  Villa have not replaced him at all in that role.

naka

liverpool were awful
going to be a long hard year
HICKS AND GILLETE have a lot to answer for
only bright spark was the Asian lady beside Dalglish a proper honey ::)

mackers

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 24, 2010, 10:54:11 AM
i actually thought 3-0 flattered city a little.they deserved the win, but they didnt set the word alight against a disjointed liverpool side.
I suppose you can't argue with 3-0, but they didnt really create a hatful of chances or anything.
as for liverpool, 4-4-2 was a mistake.you cant fault hodgson for wanting to be positive, but until he buys some actual wingers, 442 isnt really an option.
cole, maxi, jovanovic , kuyt and cole all suit playing as part of a 3 behind a lone striker, none of them are out & out wingers
You could add Gerrard to that list as his best position is not central midfielder no matter what Andy Gray and Jamie Redknapp think. Hodgson has a lot to work on, the problem areas are well documented on this thread. It was unfair on Agger to hang him out to dry in the LB slot against Johnson, LB has to be priority no.1 as the mind boggles how many the Pool would've leaked if Insua had've been there.
Kuyt should be off loaded cause he ain't a right winger either and it's worrying to see him shirking his normal workload and getting caught for the first goal.
We'll have to bear with Torres as he ain't fit and he played poorly, a couple of games against the West Brom's will bring him on a tonne.
If the attacking half of the field contains Joe Cole, Gerrard and Torres there'll be plenty of goals, but there's too many square pegs in round holes at the minute for any serious progress to be made.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

new devil

Well lads what yous think now? Happy enough with a top 10 finish?  :P

Puckoon

Liverpool to avoid relegation this year - Discuss.

(Drunk).

AZOffaly

Quote from: new devil on August 25, 2010, 02:32:22 AM
Well lads what yous think now? Happy enough with a top 10 finish?  :P

I'd be more worried about yourselves to be honest if I were you. Man Utd could be Liverpool in 2 years time.

StGallsGAA

QuoteWell lads what yous think now? Happy enough with a top 10 finish? 

I'd be more worried about yourselves to be honest if I were you. Man Utd could be Liverpool in 2 years time.

If you mean financially then it could be said they are in the same boat now, never mind 2 years time.   The difference being United would have no shortage of purchasers even at £800M while Liverpool are struggling to find one at half that price. 

supersarsfields

But are United not tied in to a much bigger debt than liverpool are?

AZOffaly

Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 25, 2010, 10:14:20 AM
QuoteWell lads what yous think now? Happy enough with a top 10 finish? 

If you mean financially then it could be said they are in the same boat now, never mind 2 years time.   The difference being United would have no shortage of purchasers even at £800M while Liverpool are struggling to find one at half that price.

I don't think Liverpool are struggling to find a buyer, they're struggling to get the bolloxes to sell. Buyers don't want to give them a huge premium.

flog the lot

Liverpool will be without star duo Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard for their Europa League trip to Trabzonspor, Roy Hodgson today confirmed.

StGallsGAA

QuoteLiverpool will be without star duo Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard for their Europa League trip to Trabzonspor, Roy Hodgson today confirmed.

Maybe they saw how Mascherano got away with refusing to play and have decided to go on the sauce?

under the bar

http://www.teamtalk.com/liverpool/6334554/Masch-suffers-player-backlash-Report

Tough call for Liverpool now.   Mascherano has completely burnt his boats now and there's no way back into the team for him.    Without doubt Barca will seek to gain an advantage on his price as a result.   

There seems to be a trend with Argentinian players being little prima-donna upstarts!

Carmen Stateside

Looking like Konchesky will be the next signing  :-\

paulfraserecho

I'm hearing interesting news bout #lfc. Reliably informed that PaulKonchesky could be heading there in a 4mill deal from #ffc v soon indeed.

Add to that, Fulham agreeing a fee with PSV left back Salcido , who Liverpool should be signing.

Carmen Stateside

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6335021,00.html

Kuyt talks 'ongoing'
Agent claims Liverpool and Inter Milan are in talks over Kuyt

By Simone Bargellini   Last updated: 25th August 2010   Subscribe to RSS Feed
Kuyt talks 'ongoing'

Kuyt: Nerazzurri bound?
SKY SPORTS ON SKY

Liverpool striker Dirk Kuyt is still in negotiations over a move to Inter Milan, according to his agent Rob Jansen.

The Holland international has been linked with a move to the reigning European champions, who have reportedly made an offer for the 30-year-old.

Kuyt's agent claims the clubs are still in negotiations, but are yet to reach an agreement over a deal thought to be worth in excess of £15million.

"The two clubs continue to talk, but things are moving slowly," claimed Jansen.

"The difference between demand and offer is important. It is something between the clubs but Dirk told Liverpool he no longer wants to be involved as this is something that regards his career and life.

"It doesn't mean he wants to leave at all costs, but when a club like Inter comes along it's normal to look into the situation further."

The former Utrecht and Feyenoord frontman was omitted from Liverpool's Europa League win against Trabzonspor at Anfield last week but did play in the Premier League defeat at Manchester City on Monday night.

Kuyt looks likely to be heading for a reunion with former Reds manager Rafa Benitez who is a known admirer of the hard-working Dutchman.

The player's current contract sees him tied to Liverpool until the end of next season, although he has yet to publicly confirm his desire to stay at Anfield.

blewuporstuffed

i see newcastle have Taylor on the transfer list. would be a decent signing for liverpool IMO, dont rate skittles at all
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either