The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

has anyone got any thoughts on the timelines around a new manager?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

myball22

To read the football gossip today, Liverpool could lose Torres, Gerrard, Mascherano, Benyaoun(sp), Kuyt, Babel, Rieira and Cavalieri (sp) this summer. What the hell is going on? If this happens, we'll be fielding the youth team next season and favourites for relegation!!!

They need to find a manager soon, they'll be playing in the Europa League soon enough!!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: myball22 on June 15, 2010, 02:00:50 PM

To read the football gossip today, Liverpool could lose Torres, Gerrard, Mascherano, Benyaoun(sp), Kuyt, Babel, Rieira and Cavalieri (sp) this summer. What the hell is going on? If this happens, we'll be fielding the youth team next season and favourites for relegation!!!

They need to find a manager soon, they'll be playing in the Europa League soon enough!!

Don't panic myball, usual Press fishing.  Realistically apart from Yossi and Rieira, there is little likelihood of any business for the other players being done until after the WC.  Until a manager is appointed I can't see any players being let go.  If the owners allow any of the sale money to go back into the transfer kitty there should be around £13 m from the sale of the above 2.  How much the club might get from other players is variable but I cannot see the Yanks being so stupid as to devlaue a club by selling its prize assets.  If Torres, Gerard and Masch were all sold the club is worthless from a footballing point of view and any new owner will offer poor value to them.

Quote from: heganboy on June 15, 2010, 01:38:05 PM
has anyone got any thoughts on the timelines around a new manager?

It will depend on who they are persuing I suppose but they would need someone in now to prepare for the Europa League. 

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: myball22 on June 15, 2010, 02:00:50 PM

If the papers were to be believed Liverpool will be selling everyone including the tea lady. Comics for grown-ups.

Hedley Lamarr

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

myball22

Arsenal at home first game of the season, followed by Man City away.
I think it gives a focal point to get the season off to a good start a bit like pulling a big name at the start of the championship :)

Hopefully the increased match fitness due to starting in the Europa League early in the season may count for us. That and an early bath for Spain at the World Cup :)

quit yo jibbajabba

nice to get a home draw at the start of season; though id have liked someone easier.....

DennistheMenace

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

brokencrossbar1

Today's game was the first I have seen of Jovanovic and he looks a good acquisition, particulalry on a free.  Strong on the ball, clever and nows were the goal is.  Definitely a good addition on today's showing.

Might have to buy back Crouchy though and get rid of Torres :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ3haDsIZvo

DennistheMenace

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 18, 2010, 02:51:37 PM
Today's game was the first I have seen of Jovanovic and he looks a good acquisition, particulalry on a free.  Strong on the ball, clever and nows were the goal is.  Definitely a good addition on today's showing.

Sure why would Crouch go from Spurs in CL qualification to Liverpool  :P

WaterBoy

Quote from: DennistheMenace on June 18, 2010, 03:00:21 PM

Sure why would Crouch go from Spurs in CL qualification to Liverpoo
:P

Maybe the same reason he left a CL team to go to portsmouth  :o
Mama says that foos-ball is the devil

paco

I heard them saying at the first Serbia game that his signing was Benitez's idea and, since he's left now, it's not set in stone and he may want to take him to Inter instead.