The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 14, 2010, 01:48:34 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 11, 2010, 03:51:25 PM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned him before but I wonder would Henry be a good signing? Probably get him cheap and as he isn't getting much game time at Barca he might like a move?
I think I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that Anfield was one of his favourite stadiums to play in..
I'm sure he still has a few seasons left in him, even as a back up striker..
What age is he now anyway?

He's off to the land of the almighty $ - according to reports this morning

He name hasn't been linked much but I wouldn't mind Liverpool taking a punt on Kevin Doyle. He'd be Rafa's type of player - hard working and can play up front on his own. Maybe 10m would get him and if the money could be found it would at a reasonable price for an estblished premioership striker who has a few years left.

Mind you, Rafa could convert him into a winger and may not chance another paddy after his punt on pointy Robbie.  ;)

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: bingobus on May 14, 2010, 02:12:56 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 14, 2010, 01:48:34 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 11, 2010, 03:51:25 PM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned him before but I wonder would Henry be a good signing? Probably get him cheap and as he isn't getting much game time at Barca he might like a move?
I think I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that Anfield was one of his favourite stadiums to play in..
I'm sure he still has a few seasons left in him, even as a back up striker..
What age is he now anyway?
yeah would agree with that.
remember reading a while ago, wenger said he though he was the best player in the premiership outside the big 4

He's off to the land of the almighty $ - according to reports this morning

He name hasn't been linked much but I wouldn't mind Liverpool taking a punt on Kevin Doyle. He'd be Rafa's type of player - hard working and can play up front on his own. Maybe 10m would get him and if the money could be found it would at a reasonable price for an estblished premioership striker who has a few years left.

Mind you, Rafa could convert him into a winger and may not chance another paddy after his punt on pointy Robbie.  ;)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

The Real Laoislad

Liverpool are hoping to make a successful move for German international starlet Mesut Ozil this summer. Rafa Benitez is a big fan of the Werder Bremen attacker and hopes that he can convince the Bundesliga club to accept an offer in the region of £8m for the 21 year old.

The former Schalke man reportedly has just one year left on his contract and may well be interested in a move to the Premier League and would no doubt be excited by interest shown in him by the Anfield outfit.
Rafa Benitez is looking for more creativity in his midfield and is apparently most interested in Ozil's ability to play in a number of different positions. The well built Bremen man can play across the midfield as well as effectively on both wings but perhaps most interestingly can be used in the hole behind the strikers.

A number of sides are reportedly interested in Ozil with Arsenal being one side who has repeatedly linked with a move for his services and has been in sparkling form this term weighing in with nine goals and 17 assists which have helped his side to a third placed finish and a coveted Champions League spot.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 14, 2010, 04:46:13 PM
Liverpool are hoping to make a successful move for German international starlet Mesut Ozil this summer. Rafa Benitez is a big fan of the Werder Bremen attacker and hopes that he can convince the Bundesliga club to accept an offer in the region of £8m for the 21 year old.

The former Schalke man reportedly has just one year left on his contract and may well be interested in a move to the Premier League and would no doubt be excited by interest shown in him by the Anfield outfit.
Rafa Benitez is looking for more creativity in his midfield and is apparently most interested in Ozil's ability to play in a number of different positions. The well built Bremen man can play across the midfield as well as effectively on both wings but perhaps most interestingly can be used in the hole behind the strikers.

A number of sides are reportedly interested in Ozil with Arsenal being one side who has repeatedly linked with a move for his services and has been in sparkling form this term weighing in with nine goals and 17 assists which have helped his side to a third placed finish and a coveted Champions League spot.

Even with a year left on his contract I think he'd cost more than £8 m.

Norf Tyrone

Surprised this has not been mentioned here... Takes Rafa out of the 'going to Juve' line.

Luigi Del Neri is new coach of the Italian master record Juventus Turin are. The current coach of Sampdoria Genoa Italian media said would replace Alberto Zaccheroni and two-year contract with a net annual salary of 1.5 million to sign a.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

bingobus

It was mentioned during the week that Juve where looking elsewhere. That's still only speculation though..."media said".

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 14, 2010, 05:10:53 PM

Luigi Del Neri is new coach of the Italian master record Juventus Turin are. The current coach of Sampdoria Genoa Italian media said would replace Alberto Zaccheroni and two-year contract with a net annual salary of 1.5 million to sign a.

Looks like something ross4life would write...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

brokencrossbar1

Have seen it on a few sites that they have agreed a deal and he is to be confirmed next week. 

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2010/05/14/1923939/report-juventus-to-name-luigi-delneri-as-boss-next-week

Don't know how reliable this one is but it would seem tha we are stuck with Rafa now :-\

ross4life

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 14, 2010, 05:21:07 PM

http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ross4life on May 14, 2010, 05:29:49 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 14, 2010, 05:21:07 PM

http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/

In fairness that made me laugh  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 14, 2010, 04:46:13 PM

Will be a very good player alright. Can't imagine that there will be a shortage of clubs looking to sign him though.

myball22

Is this the summer of our discontent?

Serious rumours of Gerrard and Torres going, possibly Mascherano too.

All of this money will go to fill a hole of debt like Anglo-Irish bank.

IMO,Torres and Gerrard are the only two things stopping us from mid-table obscurity even worse than 7th. If they go, it could take a decade to begin challenging for Champions League football again. :(

I hear the Liverpool echo or some other site is asking people to pick the first 11 for the first premier league game of the season. We wouldn't have a clue, seriously worrying times!!

bingobus

Swansea's striker besian idriza, a former Liverpool reserve died of heart attack in Austria today, aged only 22. Shocking news for the lads family.

I can him recall hearing of him collapsing on the field in the past, may have been when he was at qpr  on loan from Liverpool or just after he was released.

Rip. 

gawa316

Quote from: bingobus on May 15, 2010, 07:39:23 PM
Swansea's striker besian idriza, a former Liverpool reserve died of heart attack in Austria today, aged only 22. Shocking news for the lads family.

I can him recall hearing of him collapsing on the field in the past, may have been when he was at qpr  on loan from Liverpool or just after he was released.

Rip.

Very sad. RIP

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open