The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossie11

Stoke were 4/1 to win this morning.. Not any more!!!

Looks like the goal scoring now rests with Kuyt and Ngog for next few weeks..
Sweet Jesus..

Declan

Got this from a mate whose a mad Pool fan.

GERRARD HAD BIG BUST-UP WITH BENITEZ AT HALF TIME!!!!
by Mycroft05 » "Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:27 am"
The REAL reason WHY Stevie never came back out for the second-half is because Stevie had a massive bust-up with Benitez in the dressing-room at half-time!!!! 
Many supporters were talking about this after the game as nothing is sacred within the club anymore,things happening from inside the club are leaked all the time,but this DEFINETLY HAPPENED & I know this is not what many want to hear but whether any pro-Rafa supporters want to believe this or not is upto them,but I am privy to this knowledge & I'm sure that this news will break even further over the next few days!! 
Infact this argument was so bad that Christian Purslow of all people had to go down to the dressing room to break it all up at half-time!! 
IMO this WILL be 'the straw that breaks the camel's back' & there will only be ONE winner out of these two...& believe me it will NOT be Benitez!! 
Mycroft05
Ultra member

http://forums.icnorthwest.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=128276

Norf Tyrone

Folks. I honestly believe that the only way forward for Liverpool is to go back.

At the minute there are little or no funds to spend. There certainly is not enough to do what needs to be done.

I'd take the hard step of selling Gerard (30-40m) and Torres (80m). Both are undoubtedly great players, but both are injury prone. In addition Gerard is not getting any younger.

The money then should be reinvested. All of it. It will allow the manager to buy 8-10 players in the £10m to £15m bracket. Essentially a new side. There are very few other players I'd keep. Mascherano, I don't rate, and would take anything in the £20 million bracket.

Of the current squad I'd keep Reina, and Benyoun.

However the spending has to be right, and entrusted to the right man. That's the key decision.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

GalwayBayBoy

Selling Gerrard and Torres is a complete non-starter unless they both agitate for moves which is possible but to be honest I think even if we don't get CL football next season they will both stay. Just can't see Gerrard leaving at this stage of his career and Torres I would expect to at least give the club next season seeing as he's missed so much time due to injuries the past 18 months. To be honest I don't think there's any need to throw the baby out with the bathwater unless absolutely unavoidable.

Seems likely there will be a new investor arriving in the next few months so unless there is some stumbling block with that I think both Torres and Gerrard are likely to stay but then you don't know what the story is with the manager's position. That could change everything again.

But if someone offered silly money for Torres it would have to be seriously considered because as great a player as he is you just can't rely on him staying fit.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 14, 2010, 03:41:22 PM
Selling Gerrard and Torres is a complete non-starter unless they both agitate for moves which is possible but to be honest I think even if we don't get CL football next season they will both stay. Just can't see Gerrard leaving at this stage of his career and Torres I would expect to at least give the club next season seeing as he's missed so much time due to injuries the past 18 months. To be honest I don't think there's any need to throw the baby out with the bathwater unless absolutely unavoidable.

Seems likely there will be a new investor arriving in the next few months so unless there is some stumbling block with that I think both Torres and Gerrard are likely to stay but then you don't know what the story is with the manager's position. That could change everything again.

So if there is no investor what do you advocate as the way forward?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Silky

That's news on Torres & Gerrard is worse than getting fecked outa the cup by Reading! Some fecker on the Board needs to sit Rafa down and explain the new priorities for this season based on where we are now, not where we were this time last year.

When I was advocating putting the youth team out in the FA Cup & Europa league this the worst case scenario I was afraid off.

We put out the strongest available team and lose - confidence takes another battering (especially after being in front close to the end) and we lose our 2 main men to injury. The youth team/reserves could have done better last night and if they lost, well it was a weak team & the first team were fit and fresh for Saturday.

I'm seriously beginning to question Rafa's whole approach to this crisis. What is his priority for this season now? I hope Ronnie Whelan isn't right  >:(

ballinaman

Can't see Torres leaving even if the season for Liverpool continues to go tits up. He won't go to  Real Madrid for obvious reasons, Liverpool would rather go blind than sell him to United who don't have the funds anyways. Italian/Frech/German football would be a step down from the premiership. That leaves Barca, Man City and Chelsea as the only realistic clubs he would go to and i just can't see that happening, stranger moves have happened before i suppose.

stew

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 13, 2010, 11:49:49 PM
QuoteThey have a european pedigree, unlike Villa.

hmm... might you be a child of the 90s/noughties?  or maybe you just didnt watch the Europen Cup beyond Liverpool getting emilinated?

I am far from a liverpool fan, I have watched them win european cups since the seventies, villa won very little in europe, compared to Liverpools record in europe villa's is a wee bit sub par dont you think otb? ;)

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ross4life

if that interview is anything to go by he just looks like he knows what's coming?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRWZ_PZVl_4
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mountainboii

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 14, 2010, 03:25:30 PM
I'd take the hard step of selling Gerard (30-40m) and Torres (80m). Both are undoubtedly great players, but both are injury prone. In addition Gerard is not getting any younger.

Half that. With the possible exception of the lunatics at City, no club would pay anywhere near that much for a player who'll be the wrong side of 30 by the summer, is increasingly injury prone, and who's form has been poor all season.

EC Unique

Folks. I honestly believe that the only way forward for Liverpool is to go back.

At the minute there are little or no funds to spend. There certainly is not enough to do what needs to be done.

The money then should be reinvested. All of it. It will allow the manager to buy 8-10 players in the £10m to £15m bracket. Essentially a new side. There are very few other players I'd keep. Mascherano, I don't rate, and would take anything in the £20 million bracket.

However the spending has to be right, and entrusted to the right man. That's the key decision.

If the 2 main men are sold it will not be to fund new signings, it will be to keep the bank happy. Rafa/AN OTHER will not get a sniff of the funds just as Fergie is getting f**k all of the Ronaldo money (no matter what he says about money available I believe he has f**k all >:()

stew

Quote from: ross4life on January 14, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
if that interview is anything to go by he just looks like he knows what's coming?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRWZ_PZVl_4

He looks like a man that would benefit from getting the road, he looks beaten down, tired and he also looks like a man that has nothing left to give or no idea how to fix things.

If he had a bust up with gerrard, his days are numbered.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

full back

IMHO Utd & the scousers are in similar situations, the only difference being that Utd are at the top of the slippery slope looking at the scousers who are half way down.

The ways things are going both clubs will be fighting for CL spots in the future unless buyers are found

Citeh, Chelski & the gooners are the 3 clubs in pole position financially speaking

magpie seanie

Who in their right mind would pay this money? I'll tell you what - if Liverpool got £110-120m for the pair of them it would be gross financial negligence to not sell. Assuming Liverpool do not make the top 4 the potential purchasers (there are only 4) would know Liverpool had to sell and would negotiate accordingly. Of course it any sale should only be countenanced if you had a decent manager at the helm who wouldn't make a balls of the rebuilding. I can't help but think how Ryan Babel for example would have turned out if he went to United or Arsenal.

Barna Bee

completely agree with this , nobody in their right minds would buy either player for the fees you are talking about . they are far too injury prone .
Liverpool are well and truely for it this season and it's also curtains for the fat spanish waiter