The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: HowAreYeGettinOn on August 07, 2009, 11:12:38 PM
- Kuyt. Sigh. I suppose if he's staying, we have to play him somewhere. He's too slow to be a striker so grand, put him on the right wing. Though a serious, proper right-winger would do wonders for this team. But we won't be getting one, will we?

Do you even watch Kuyt play last season? He was immense. Not only did he provide defensive cover but only ronaldo scored more than him from the wing and I think he also had double figures in assists. I reckon Johnson and him have the potential to form a great partnership put on the right

Silky

Utd are finished without Ronaldo. Chelsea are the team to watch out for. Its a pity Terry didn't join City. I can't see City getting there act together before Christmas and by then Hughes could be sacked.

Is Mascherano definitely staying? We can't lose him with Alonso away. With a good start this could be our year. I'm always optimistic but after the finish to last season there good cause for optimism.

slievegullion

Quote from: Silky on August 08, 2009, 12:05:12 PM
Utd are finished without Ronaldo. Chelsea are the team to watch out for. Its a pity Terry didn't join City. I can't see City getting there act together before Christmas and by then Hughes could be sacked.

Is Mascherano definitely staying? We can't lose him with Alonso away. With a good start this could be our year. I'm always optimistic but after the finish to last season there good cause for optimism.

:o

I think only a fool would write off UTD.

EC Unique

Same old sh1t every year :D ::)

Drumanee 1

Quote from: EC Unique on August 08, 2009, 02:10:00 PM

Same old sh1t every year :D ::)

reminds me of del boy "this time next year we'l be millionaires" and eventually it came true

DennistheMenace

Taking out Zola, how many Italians have been a real success in the premier league ?

Drumanee 1

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 08, 2009, 03:06:52 PM
Taking out Zola, how many Italians have been a real success in the premier league ?
outside of zola and even he wasnt a regular international,how many top italian players came to the premiership?dicanio had his moments as did ravenali but he was well past his best when he came to midlesborough.

DennistheMenace

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on August 08, 2009, 03:19:24 PM
outside of zola and even he wasnt a regular international,how many top italian players came to the premiership?dicanio had his moments as did ravenali but he was well past his best when he came to midlesborough.

Yeah true not many have come over for a various of reasons, use to be that if they played outside Italy they would find it very hard to be considered for the national team but also I think the physical nature and fast pace is distinctly different to the technical approach in serie a. Combine that with the new italian's injury problems and he may find it hard to settle in.

There are a few Italians on the books of West Ham, with Macheda and Dossena in the PL too.

Corrdi and Bianchi didn't do well, Di Michele was in and out of the hammers and a few in the 90's in Festa, Casiraghi, Di Matteo and the few that you mentioned.

Carmen Stateside

Liverpool 0
Atletico Madrid 2  Forlon, Aguero

if that aint bad, Carragher has gone off injured.  Thats all three central defenders out at the minute.  

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Carmen Stateside

Good strike from Forlon alright!
Playing some good stuff but our weakness is at centre back! If Carragher is badly injured a CB is a must purchase now! Not ideal with a week to go!

DennistheMenace

Carragher isn't the player he once was imo. Squad player.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 08, 2009, 03:53:21 PM
Carragher isn't the player he once was imo. Squad player.
even so, still a quality player who would walk onto most English sides
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Drumanee 1

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 08, 2009, 03:36:31 PM
Quote from: Drumanee 1 on August 08, 2009, 03:19:24 PM

Yeah true not many have come over for a various of reasons, use to be that if they played outside Italy they would find it very hard to be considered for the national team but also I think the physical nature and fast pace is distinctly different to the technical approach in serie a. Combine that with the new italian's injury problems and he may find it hard to settle in.

There are a few Italians on the books of West Ham, with Macheda and Dossena in the PL too.

Corrdi and Bianchi didn't do well, Di Michele was in and out of the hammers and a few in the 90's in Festa, Casiraghi, Di Matteo and the few that you mentioned.

forgot about di matteo and vialli for that matter but i thought di matteo did quite well,casiraghi never really got a chance due to career ending injury he got very early in his chelsea career.i think liverpools new lad will need time to settle but 20mil is alot to pay if you are not confident he can hack it in the prem.

Midman

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on August 08, 2009, 03:38:56 PM
Liverpool 0
Atletico Madrid 2  Forlon, Aguero

if that aint bad, Carragher has gone off injured.  Thats all three central defenders out at the minute.  

Liverpool 1 ATM 2, Alonsos real replacement, the all singing all dancing Lucas Leiva with the goal :P