Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Armagh18

Quote from: Armamike on February 22, 2023, 10:36:33 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 22, 2023, 10:22:48 AM
Quote from: trailer on February 22, 2023, 10:13:51 AM
Quote from: Dag Dog on February 22, 2023, 01:43:11 AM
Another huge comedown for the club that were proclaiming themselves the best team of the Premier League era a couple of years ago.

Completely lost the run of themselves. One Season wonders just like Blackburn.
You do feel for them- few unbelievable seasons only to be beaten a s point or two by a stere backed, corrupt City team. But then again its Liverpool so we'll just laugh. I think Klopp is gone in the summer.

Guys, you may have to get your kicks elsewhere.  Most of the folk here have seen your various incarnations over the years and aren't taking the bait.
No genuinely that Liverpool team was unbelievable, they won it all in a few years and set crazy points totals. I'll take the piss as much as anyone but to be 2 games away from a quadruple last season in itself was some achievement.

trailer

Some of ye's sound like those two Liverpool TikTok'ers - Jonathan Morely and Anfield Agenda fella.

Walter Cronc

That Paddy Murphy lad is utter cringe. Some amount of followers mind you.

Armagh18

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 22, 2023, 11:07:28 AM
is he the fella used to be with rorys storys or am i getting mixed up? They know their audiences and seem to be doing well for themselves. Morley is getting flak about old race related tweets though.

jcpen

They are all cringe. There is a fella doing Man United games also Goldbridge I think is his name, pain in the hole.
NEUTRAL
ALSO NOT FROM LAOIS!

jcpen

Quote from: trailer on February 22, 2023, 11:06:42 AM
Some of ye's sound like those two Liverpool TikTok'ers - Jonathan Morely and Anfield Agenda fella.
You sound like a bit of an asshole yourself to be fair.
NEUTRAL
ALSO NOT FROM LAOIS!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 22, 2023, 11:11:46 AM
is he the fella used to be with rorys storys or am i getting mixed up? They know their audiences and seem to be doing well for themselves. Morley is getting flak about old race related tweets though.

That's him alright. Played the Cavan man in Rorys stories.

trailer

Quote from: jcpen on February 22, 2023, 11:24:51 AM
Quote from: trailer on February 22, 2023, 11:06:42 AM
You sound like a bit of an asshole yourself to be fair.

Love it.

Look-Up!

That Liverpool defensive unit, including DM, looked distinctly PL midtable last night. The goals they gave away were really poor. Fair enough GK made a blunder but apart from that a competent defence wouldn't have conceded near as much. 1st RM goal was class but more pressure should have been put on the kick. 4th goal was unlucky but again half hearted block with back turned to ball. 3rd and 5th goals were horrific. To give away the free kick was bad but to defend it in that manner was unforgivable. And I know Benzema took his last goal well but the Liverpool midfield were out fought and out ran by a 37 year old in the run up who, at that stage, management would have been looking to take him off for a rest. And even at that someone should have took a yellow for the team when he did break.

Klopp has a big job on his hands. I'm really not convinced by Nunez, great goal and all last night but equally stupid use of a break situation when they needed some composure and vision. But that's not the biggest issue. Defence and central midfield need overhaul. What they have there is not up to standard either mentally or physically. 

Armamike

That seems to be the consensus.  Carragher was last night calling for more signings in defence as well as the obvious ones needed in midfield.  Big summer ahead. Will tell us a lot about whether the club is serious about getting back to the very top.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Capt Pat

Liverpool went through all this a couple of seasons back(losing to Southampton etc) and came through it all to win 2 trophies and nearly a quadruple last year. Am I the only to see it like this? All this talk of needing new defenders and midfielders is for the birds. The midfield is getting on in age and a quality addition or two there would help no doubt.

I see Liverpool coming back to challenge for the title and European honours with Virgil and Trent and Fabinho in fine form next year.

gawa316

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 22, 2023, 08:12:01 PM
Liverpool went through all this a couple of seasons back(losing to Southampton etc) and came through it all to win 2 trophies and nearly a quadruple last year. Am I the only to see it like this? All this talk of needing new defenders and midfielders is for the birds. The midfield is getting on in age and a quality addition or two there would help no doubt.

I see Liverpool coming back to challenge for the title and European honours with Virgil and Trent and Fabinho in fine form next year.

I don't think it is quite the same as a few years ago but definitely does have some similarities.

Anyway I would in no way be getting rid of Klopp and half the team like I have seen suggested. He deserves the chance to rebuild the squad which he has already started with the signings of Konate, Diaz, Nunez etc. The same goes for some of the players like Fab who has been pretty awful this season but deserves a chance to find his form

Look-Up!

Are you talking about pre Alisson and VVD? I don't know, they were pretty free scoring but conceding too many goals then. GK and CD were the big tweaks needed. Now, they're really struggling both ends, and the middle. I'm not sure it's as simple as a couple of tweaks, considering the age and injury profile of some of their squad. Maybe it'll all be ok next season with a natural reset but for the Liverpool fans on here, what is the best 11 and how many games per season can be realistically got out of them?