The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dag Dog

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 03, 2023, 11:55:23 AM
It's hard to motivate boys who have won everything they can possibly win at club level.
City have managed to stay motivated having won more.

trailer

It's hard to motivate boys who have won everything they can possibly win at club level.

Bollocks

Alex Ferguson
Won the PL 3 times in a row - TWICE
Treble x1
PL Champions and CL in same year - TWICE

Ferguson could up a Brentford with Carrick at CB, Gibson, O'Shea and the Silva Twins in MF and would win 2-0.

Nunez has won nothing. What's his excuse?

Milltown Row2

Klopp must not be motivated either it seems

Going for the quad has put a spanner in the works

Though Jamie feels they are aging and too technical now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yellowcard

Listening to Jamie Carragher reacting to the defeat last night was funny. He seemed to imply that it was the assistant managers fault for getting too technical and that it was no longer a Klopp team. He failed to note that Klopp is the actual manager whose job it is to impose his own tactics and philosophy. It was almost like he was afraid to criticise Klopp so decided to have a go at the assistant manager instead. 

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on January 03, 2023, 12:06:55 PM

Bollocks

Alex Ferguson
Treble x1

Ferguson could up a Brentford with Carrick at CB, Gibson, O'Shea and the Silva Twins in MF and would win 2-0.

He's only been there 6 months and he's won a charity shield. He's won 100% of the trophies available to him in that time.

trailer

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 03, 2023, 01:01:16 PM

Bollocks

Alex Ferguson
Treble x1

He's only been there 6 months and he's won a charity shield. He's won 100% of the trophies available to him in that time.

He should cherish it. Cause he'll be playing for Villarreal this time next year.

Armamike

As said before here many times, Liverpool had an amazing season last year and went full pelt on all fronts.  They're goosed.  In hindsight it shouldn't be a surprise that there has been a drop off in intensity and focus.  The team needs freshening up with a burst of energy in midfield - we all know that and hopefully the new faces will be brought in now and in the summer and challenge again next year.  Wouldn't be the first time a top team has a poor season. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

NAG1

I'd say to play the high intensity stuff that Klopp demands at the top level needs a squad with great depth.

Natural enough to think that this level cant be maintained over a long period with the same 11.

trailer

Quote from: Armamike on January 03, 2023, 01:19:11 PM
As said before here many times, Liverpool had an amazing season last year and went full pelt on all fronts.  They're goosed.  In hindsight it shouldn't be a surprise that there has been a drop off in intensity and focus.  The team needs freshening up with a burst of energy in midfield - we all know that and hopefully the new faces will be brought in now and in the summer and challenge again next year.  Wouldn't be the first time a top team has a poor season.

12 Signings in 2021 / 2022 but yeah same 11

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on January 03, 2023, 01:06:09 PM

Bollocks

Alex Ferguson
Treble x1

He should cherish it. Cause he'll be playing for Villarreal this time next year.

Good for him, he'll have done far better than anyone on here if that happens.

seafoid

Quote from: NAG1 on January 03, 2023, 01:50:42 PM
I'd say to play the high intensity stuff that Klopp demands at the top level needs a squad with great depth.

Natural enough to think that this level cant be maintained over a long period with the same 11.
Liverpool don't have the money that Man City have.
So Man City have won 4 out of the last 5.
Money is the beginning and the end of it.

ONeill

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 03, 2023, 02:30:43 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 03, 2023, 01:06:09 PM

Bollocks

Alex Ferguson
Treble x1

Good for him, he'll have done far better than anyone on here if that happens.

Well, does he have a Campbell/McGirr Cup medal? I don't think so.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: yellowcard on January 03, 2023, 12:21:51 PM
Listening to Jamie Carragher reacting to the defeat last night was funny. He seemed to imply that it was the assistant managers fault for getting too technical and that it was no longer a Klopp team. He failed to note that Klopp is the actual manager whose job it is to impose his own tactics and philosophy. It was almost like he was afraid to criticise Klopp so decided to have a go at the assistant manager instead.

Yes that was a bit silly.  Don't need new owners was interesting comment from Carragher although Liverpool will be getting new owners.  He has a point though, recruitment/transfer business has been very good especially under sporting director Michael Edwards who I believe left in the summer.

Norf Tyrone

Probably not the right thread for this but I'll ask anyway.

I am arriving in John Lennon Airport on Sunday morning at 930am and need to go to Manchester. Was going to go to Liverpool Parkway and get the train but it's telling me it'll take 2 x hours as it's using a replacement bus service

https://www.buytickets.northernrailway.co.uk/book/results?origin=03b7ef8423758a654389c468376ed3f5&destination=93583656327762b2e1831bdac48db2eb&outwardDate=2023-01-08T09%3A00%3A00&outwardDateType=departAfter&journeySearchType=single&passengers%5B%5D=1993-01-04&directSearch=false&selectedOutward=hYV1SR20NF0%3D%3ANyJ3mXDW9pk%3D

The network strike ends on Sat and there are no updates on the website regarding any other issue. I thought even there might have been regular coaches from Liverpool airport to Manchester direct but can't see anything.

Is there a better way to get to Manchester or is it a case of the strikes are buggering everything?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 04, 2023, 03:09:59 PM
Probably not the right thread for this but I'll ask anyway.

I am arriving in John Lennon Airport on Sunday morning at 930am and need to go to Manchester. Was going to go to Liverpool Parkway and get the train but it's telling me it'll take 2 x hours as it's using a replacement bus service

https://www.buytickets.northernrailway.co.uk/book/results?origin=03b7ef8423758a654389c468376ed3f5&destination=93583656327762b2e1831bdac48db2eb&outwardDate=2023-01-08T09%3A00%3A00&outwardDateType=departAfter&journeySearchType=single&passengers%5B%5D=1993-01-04&directSearch=false&selectedOutward=hYV1SR20NF0%3D%3ANyJ3mXDW9pk%3D

The network strike ends on Sat and there are no updates on the website regarding any other issue. I thought even there might have been regular coaches from Liverpool airport to Manchester direct but can't see anything.

Is there a better way to get to Manchester or is it a case of the strikes are buggering everything?

You have to get bus/train from Liverpool center or parkway , so get the bus into Liverpool from airport (£2) and get then train out to Manchester or get taxi from Liverpool airport.. Was over recently and friends had to do that and it was a hassle for them

Great airport for just going to Liverpool but no real direct routes from the airport to other places
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea