The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

I see a deal possibly done to sign that young fella from Fulham Fabio Carvalho whom we missed out on in January.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

What's the verdict on this weekend?

Liverpool's recent record against City isn't great.

Even though Liverpool should probably have beaten City in the end at Anfield earlier this season (leaving aside the Milner card issue  ;D), City were basically taking the mickey in the first half of that game with the run around they gave Liverpool (albeit without creating a whole lot).

Unfortunately I think Liverpool probably have to win this. I can't realistically see City dropping any further points, whereas Liverpool have a few tricky ones left, not least when Conte brings Spurs to Anfield.

Whereas City will probably be happy enough with a point.

It would be great if Salah can spring back into form and Thiago and Fabinho can wrestle control of possession from City, but I'm leaning towards a City win as they'll probably have 65-70% possession and create at least one or two clear chances from those cut-backs.

gawa316

Quote from: J70 on April 08, 2022, 06:56:49 PM
What's the verdict on this weekend?

Liverpool's recent record against City isn't great.

Even though Liverpool should probably have beaten City in the end at Anfield earlier this season (leaving aside the Milner card issue  ;D), City were basically taking the mickey in the first half of that game with the run around they gave Liverpool (albeit without creating a whole lot).

Unfortunately I think Liverpool probably have to win this. I can't realistically see City dropping any further points, whereas Liverpool have a few tricky ones left, not least when Conte brings Spurs to Anfield.

Whereas City will probably be happy enough with a point.

It would be great if Salah can spring back into form and Thiago and Fabinho can wrestle control of possession from City, but I'm leaning towards a City win as they'll probably have 65-70% possession and create at least one or two clear chances from those cut-backs.

We haven't played well against city since the home game in the title year. Definitely apprehensive about our chances.

Think Klopp will go back to the Salah, Bobby, Mane front 3 and have Diaz and Jota ready to come in, either to make a difference or play on the break. Don't think they have ever had near 70% possession against us, see it closer to 55%, 60 max.

gawa316

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Salah, Jota, Mane

Subs: Kelleher, Jones, Tsimikas, Konate, Gomez, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Diaz

No Minamino,Oxlaide Chamberlain,Origi or Elliott in the squad.

quit yo jibbajabba

Pool squad actually better then citys. Unbelievable tbh.

Nerves kickin in. Not overly hopeful but fingers crossed

Gael85

Liverpool should win this. Man City have no strikers.  Pep not signing Kane will cost him premier league and champions league. Sterling, Foden and Grealish won't do in the big games. Great lads to score when winning 3/4 nil.

screenexile

laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on April 10, 2022, 05:08:26 PM
Great game so far two heavyweights going at it!
Liverpool have been shite. Basic errors everywhere. City all over them.

screenexile

Quote from: laoislad on April 10, 2022, 05:10:05 PM
Quote from: screenexile on April 10, 2022, 05:08:26 PM
Great game so far two heavyweights going at it!
Liverpool have been shite. Basic errors everywhere. City all over them.

Yeah but you get the impression they will get another 1 or 2 goals... City have been impressive!

laoislad

Atrocious. Lucky to be only the 1 behind. As good as City have been Liverpool have created a lot of their own problems themselves.
Would be happy with a draw at this stage but even that's not looking likely.

quit yo jibbajabba

A sharper team. My only hope is that from memory the anfield game was same in that city bossed first half. They by and large have nullified liverpool while creating plenty themselves..

J70

Liverpool are not coping with City's pressure at all. There's no options for the defenders/Alisson trying to play it out and they're continually turning it over, after which City are making hay from out wide. I'd get Firmino on. At least he'd drop off and give them an out between the lines.

Edit: assuming he's on the bench!

screenexile

laoislad

Better from Liverpool in second half.  Happy enough with a point especially after the first half when City should have been more up.