The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 17, 2020, 08:51:41 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 17, 2020, 08:47:08 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 17, 2020, 08:35:01 PM
Quote from: Armamike on October 17, 2020, 08:12:01 PM
The source seems to be mainly Richard Keys.

Yeah, f**k that hairy handed, kiddy fiddling ****. He hates Liverpool and has a hard on for Everton. I'll wait for the official line

Fcuk me thats a bit ott...

He and Andy Grey have had a very nasty agenda against LFC for years. They can f**k right off in my opinion. His wife over over 30 years who was suffering from cancer kicked him out as he was having an affair with his daughter friend. May not have been under age but f**k me....

she was 28

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: thebigfella on October 17, 2020, 10:36:21 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 17, 2020, 08:51:41 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 17, 2020, 08:47:08 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 17, 2020, 08:35:01 PM
Quote from: Armamike on October 17, 2020, 08:12:01 PM
The source seems to be mainly Richard Keys.

Yeah, f**k that hairy handed, kiddy fiddling ****. He hates Liverpool and has a hard on for Everton. I'll wait for the official line

Fcuk me thats a bit ott...

He and Andy Grey have had a very nasty agenda against LFC for years. They can f**k right off in my opinion. His wife over over 30 years who was suffering from cancer kicked him out as he was having an affair with his daughter friend. May not have been under age but f**k me....

she was 28
[/quote

And he was twice her age with a sick wife.  Don't expect sympathy from me.

Boycey

Keep digging lad, ya called a TV pundit a kiddy fiddler cause ya had the hump ur team didn't win  ;D

Capt Pat

Quote from: Saffrongael on October 17, 2020, 06:49:24 PM
Quote from: laoislad on October 17, 2020, 06:41:14 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 17, 2020, 06:24:22 PM
Sounds like VVD has done his ACL - that's him out for quite a while then
Whats the usual time frame for that sort of injury?

Can be 9mths to a year

Closer to 6 months nowadays........after googling it 8 to 12 months for sportsmen to get back competing.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Boycey on October 17, 2020, 10:54:50 PM
Keep digging lad, ya called a TV pundit a kiddy fiddler cause ya had the hump ur team didn't win  ;D

Yes i did and yes he is!  Odious man, a misogynist who got caught.

I have the hump but I don't believe much of what Keys says. He has an agenda against Liverpool and he and Gray have pushed a pro-Everton and pro-United line for years.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on October 17, 2020, 08:53:03 PM
Liverpool asking the Premier League to investigate and explain themselves after today. Proper order.
For all the decisions Liverpool got last season?
Look, these things usually even themselves out

Good to see liverpool fans taking a draw in their stride

supersub

Quote from: David McKeown on October 17, 2020, 06:15:03 PM
Violent conduct requires you to not be challenging for the ball. So it doesn't cover that kind of incident.

It 100% should have been a red but it's one of those stupidities of the rules that means it's not. It doesn't meet the criteria for either violent conduct or serious foul play.

So if the whistle goes a player can do what they want to an opposition if the ball is still in play? Absurd. It was a red card, the officials completely fucked up while concentrating on the offside.

shark

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 17, 2020, 11:18:59 PM

Can be 9mths to a year

Closer to 6 months nowadays........after googling it 8 to 12 months for sportsmen to get back competing.

Both Tom Heston and Wesley did their ACLs in the same game in January. They are both just back training now, 9 months later. Not expected to play before December though.

David McKeown

Quote from: supersub on October 18, 2020, 09:40:06 AM
Quote from: David McKeown on October 17, 2020, 06:15:03 PM
Violent conduct requires you to not be challenging for the ball. So it doesn't cover that kind of incident.

It 100% should have been a red but it's one of those stupidities of the rules that means it's not. It doesn't meet the criteria for either violent conduct or serious foul play.

So if the whistle goes a player can do what they want to an opposition if the ball is still in play? Absurd. It was a red card, the officials completely fucked up while concentrating on the offside.

Well if the whistle goes the ball isn't in play. If they are tackling for the ball it would appear the answer though according to the rule clarification from the English FA website I linked to earlier is if you are challenging for the ball it can't be serious foul play or violent conduct if the whistle has gone and you are challenging for the ball . Absolute stupidity of a rule but it's been seen in the past. As I say Peter Walton said the offside didn't matter at half time then by full time changed his position to well because of the offside it should have been violent conduct or because the lunge started before the whistle went for offside even though the foul was after it then it could have been serious foul play. None of those accord with that rule clarification. 

Dermot Gallagher was on another show I watched last night saying that once the offside happened the officials couldn't look to see if a foul had occurred and therefore couldn't assess if it was serious foul play. He then tried to back track when questioned by the pros and said the VAR official should have done it anyway even though he couldn't really.

I think there's general agreement that both Pickford and Richarlison should have been sent off. My issue is that by letter of the very stupid law they may both technically get away with it. But then again the Premier league is quite hard to predict and regularly spouts nonsense such as when they claimed you had to touch the ball to be offside (in order they could defend a terrible Mike Dean decision) so we will just have to wait and see what they decide.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: shark on October 18, 2020, 09:49:38 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on October 17, 2020, 11:18:59 PM

Can be 9mths to a year

Both Tom Heston and Wesley did their ACLs in the same game in January. They are both just back training now, 9 months later. Not expected to play before December though.

Van Dijk will probably have turned 30 by the time he is back. ACL reconstruction (assuming its gone) is relatively straightforward these days, it's Father Time might be the issue with regards to full recovery (i.e his pace).

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea