The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Quote from: gawa316 on October 17, 2020, 04:38:44 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 17, 2020, 04:19:24 PM
Signin players from Barca and Madrid flat out and still happy with the draw

The Ev tho 😂😃

Top of the league so they are, unbeaten so they are...the giant awakes, no stopping them now!
kopites tears make me sad 😢
nil satis nisi optimum

From the Bunker

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

brokencrossbar1

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: SHEEDY on October 17, 2020, 04:33:14 PM

The Ev tho 😂😃
[/quote

The Ev tho 😂😃
[/quote

The Ev tho 😂😃
flat out 😂 10 year old and pricks on twitter use the term 'the Ev' which category are you in? Nearly wish that goal had stood, hate seeing all this fume 😍

Many times ye gonna quote me lad. Listen yis are goin well and might even win a trophy this decade so enjoy it. Its a great feeling trust me

#1995 #theEvtho

😂😂😂

supersub

Quote from: David McKeown on October 17, 2020, 04:37:19 PM
Quote from: Armamike on October 17, 2020, 04:12:40 PM
According to the ref in the BT studio Dickford should have been given a red. Irrelevant whether there was an offside. Otherwise you'd have all sorts going on after a decision. Changed the whole game that decision.

Aye but did you see he tried to back track after the final whistle once he realised he was wrong. Firstly saying it should have been violent conduct (it shouldn't) then saying that it was foul play because the lunge started before the whistle was blown even though the contact was after. Clearly didn't have a clue. The FA explanation on the rules requires three criteria before a foul can be considered.

It's available here https://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/laws-of-the-game/11-v-11/interpretation-of-laws---2013-14/law-12---interpretations-of-the-laws-of-the-game.ashx

One of the three basic criteria for a foul is for the ball to be in play. It wasn't.

Stupid requirement as this showed.

But the above even goes on to say serious foul play can only occur when the ball is in play

Doesn't have to be a foul. He can be sent off for violent conduct at any time before during or after a game. Which is different from serious foul play. Ball doesn't have to be in play. It should have been a red card, end of story.

David McKeown

Violent conduct requires you to not be challenging for the ball. So it doesn't cover that kind of incident.

It 100% should have been a red but it's one of those stupidities of the rules that means it's not. It doesn't meet the criteria for either violent conduct or serious foul play.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Main Street

Quote from: David McKeown on October 17, 2020, 03:02:39 PM
I think by rule the Pickford decision was right. I also think the rules are wrong. The rule though has been in place for years. I remember Ashley Cole getting away with something similar years ago and it not being changed.

The offside decision was awful.

Both decisions show why VAR is a disaster
The VAR offside decision was 100% correct though, according to the current strict hair line directions.  When the ball is out for a corner, is it so that a ref can only try to restore order in the bustling pack in the penalty box, he can't penalise anyone until the ball comes back into play?

dublin7

Quote from: David McKeown on October 17, 2020, 06:15:03 PM
Violent conduct requires you to not be challenging for the ball. So it doesn't cover that kind of incident.

It 100% should have been a red but it's one of those stupidities of the rules that means it's not. It doesn't meet the criteria for either violent conduct or serious foul play.

Should have been red. Officials have confirmed the VAR official was so focused on checking for offside that they never carried on to review the tackle and that if they had done so as they should have a red card would have been shown to Pickford

Gabriel_Hurl

Sounds like VVD has done his ACL - that's him out for quite a while then

laoislad

I see Stevie G had a good win today in the poor mans derby,wonder was he getting text alerts from Liverpool game during it...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 17, 2020, 06:24:22 PM
Whats the usual time frame for that sort of injury?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Saffrongael

Quote from: laoislad on October 17, 2020, 06:41:14 PM

Can be 9mths to a year
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

J70

Quote from: laoislad on October 17, 2020, 06:41:14 PM

He's gone for the season anyway.

Think Ox was about a year if I remember correctly. Depends on the individual details.