Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread  (Read 3456007 times)

Hound

• View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread
« Reply #41340 on: July 12, 2018, 11:23:19 AM »
https://www.balls.ie/football/dejan-lovren-best-defender-world-392662

Easy Dejan, too many reads of Nicola Bendtner's book by the sound of it!! ;D ;D

To be fair to him he has had a great tournament and if he could transfer this form to Liverpool him and VVD would be a serious partnership. Still too prone to catastrophic errors though
In fairness Lovern has been pretty solid since the Spurs game at Wembley. He was excellent also in the Champions League final and has had a excellent World Cup so far.
Yes there is definitely always a fear with him he is always moments away from a ridiculous error but credit where credit is due, he has been in great form recently.
I wonder how much did his personal problems affect him on the pitch.
He did play great in the CL final, but still wouldnt trust him.
He was poor last night in the first half, couldnt handle Sterling and it affected other parts of his game. For the second half and ET though, he did play very well. Perhaps helped by England not giving the ball to Sterling anymore and then taking him off!
What problems does/did he have?

blewuporstuffed

• View Profile
« Reply #41341 on: July 12, 2018, 11:39:42 AM »
The Shaqiri rumours starting again, looks like they are going to get him.
A pretty good signing i think, for the sort of money they are talking he should provide a bit of quality to the squad an allow the chance to rest mane/salah from time to time
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #41342 on: July 12, 2018, 11:49:16 AM »

To be fair to him he has had a great tournament and if he could transfer this form to Liverpool him and VVD would be a serious partnership. Still too prone to catastrophic errors though
In fairness Lovern has been pretty solid since the Spurs game at Wembley. He was excellent also in the Champions League final and has had a excellent World Cup so far.
Yes there is definitely always a fear with him he is always moments away from a ridiculous error but credit where credit is due, he has been in great form recently.
He was poor last night in the first half, couldnt handle Sterling and it affected other parts of his game. For the second half and ET though, he did play very well. Perhaps helped by England not giving the ball to Sterling anymore and then taking him off!
His wife had an affair I think and wasn't his home robbed one night while his wife and kids were at home.

Mayo4Sam

• John Says Keep The Faith
    • View Profile
« Reply #41343 on: July 12, 2018, 03:59:17 PM »
The Shaqiri rumours starting again, looks like they are going to get him.
A pretty good signing i think, for the sort of money they are talking he should provide a bit of quality to the squad an allow the chance to rest mane/salah from time to time

You'd have to be worried about his attitude though

Louvren saved Croatia last nite, Kane had a diving header but for him taking it off his forehead
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

cadhlancian

• View Profile
« Reply #41344 on: July 12, 2018, 04:50:53 PM »
Regardless of the World Cup and pre season games, Klopps failure to get a keeper is bizarre. He isnít Kariusís dad ffs! Iím all for giving a lad a second chance, but Iíve a feeling this one will cost him his job. Is Mignolet going to be the starter now? Crazy that they havenít addressed this. f**king crazy...

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41345 on: July 12, 2018, 04:53:44 PM »
Louvern has been a rock for Croatia.. probably be hard start to the season for these guys when they return to their clubs after the final!
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #41346 on: July 12, 2018, 04:54:40 PM »
There was a World Cup on, relatively little business has been done so far..

TabClear

• View Profile
« Reply #41347 on: July 12, 2018, 05:28:26 PM »
Regardless of the World Cup and pre season games, Klopps failure to get a keeper is bizarre. He isnít Kariusís dad ffs! Iím all for giving a lad a second chance, but Iíve a feeling this one will cost him his job. Is Mignolet going to be the starter now? Crazy that they havenít addressed this. f**king crazy...

Agreed. This is not about second chances, as far as I am concerned the lad just is not good enough. He was competent at the end of last season pre Athens, nothing more. Compare that to how many points did De Gea gain for United last season? That's what Liverpool need. The thing I struggle with is that its the same as the VVD situation, it was obvious that Klopp needed a dominant centre half and he went and broke the bank to get one and it made a huge difference. This should be the same.

The only thing at the back of my mind is that the Courtois situation at Chelsea means that at least one top class keeper is looking for a new home. Bar Liverpool, most of the clubs who could afford him are already well catered for. When he moves, that could kick off  a knock on effect that could free up Keylor Navas for example, especially if Allison is also in the mix. Hopefully Klopp is waiting until this happens.

Over the Bar

• '03 + '05 = '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #41348 on: July 12, 2018, 10:18:45 PM »

His wife had an affair I think and wasn't his home robbed one night while his wife and kids were at home.

Possibly more to do with his much better publicised drug-abuse?

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41349 on: July 12, 2018, 10:38:26 PM »
Can a bit harsh on Liverpool (if quoted correctly)
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #41350 on: July 13, 2018, 02:20:06 AM »
Shaqiri having medical tomorrow apparently. £13.75m fee agreed.

heganboy

• well hello there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41351 on: July 13, 2018, 02:08:21 PM »
I think that will be a good signing.

Dybsla would be good too, but I don't see it.

Lovren has sealed his place too.

Keeper? Danny Ward looks like the starter now. I'm not sure that wins the premier league...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

blewuporstuffed

• View Profile
« Reply #41352 on: July 13, 2018, 02:28:13 PM »
I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Pope from Burnley.
I thi k he is better than what they have and wouldn't be the crazy money they are talking for Alison or Oblak
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #41353 on: July 13, 2018, 02:33:41 PM »
I'd be happy to see Ward get a chance.

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #41354 on: July 13, 2018, 02:47:24 PM »
I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Pope from Burnley.
I thi k he is better than what they have and wouldn't be the crazy money they are talking for Alison or Oblak

Hes a big fcuker, I was watching the England squad applauding their fans the other night and he stood out!!