The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

An Arsenal supporter shouldn't really be LOL'ing at anything at the minute  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

laoislad

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 31, 2017, 05:40:09 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 31, 2017, 05:13:13 PM
Quote from: TabClear on August 31, 2017, 05:06:15 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on August 31, 2017, 05:02:19 PM
92 million bid from Arsenal for Lemar. Oh dear  ;D

How do you bid £30m for someone in July and then go back with a £90m bid. ...I thought the world had went daft when united paid that for Pogba. The ass had to fall out of this at some point.
I'd never even heard of the cnut before Monday  ;D
Couldn't care less if we sign him or not.
Doesn't look like VVD is coming at this stage. That's one you would be hoping gets done!

Never heard of Lemar yet Ox is a great player LOL
Yes because that's exactly what I said.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Liverpool haven't even put in a bid for VVD according to sky news.
All over for the day now I'd say.
Jim White tweeted that Lemar would prefer a move to Liverpool over Arsenal. Which isn't surprising really.
Is he worth £90 million though.?

TabClear

Quote from: laoislad on August 31, 2017, 05:57:16 PM
Liverpool haven't even put in a bid for VVD according to sky news.
All over for the day now I'd say.
Jim White tweeted that Lemar would prefer a move to Liverpool over Arsenal. Which isn't surprising really.
Is he worth £90 million though.?

No.  No. No

laoislad

Sakho going to Palace for £26 million.

Main Street

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 31, 2017, 05:40:09 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 31, 2017, 05:13:13 PM
Quote from: TabClear on August 31, 2017, 05:06:15 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on August 31, 2017, 05:02:19 PM
92 million bid from Arsenal for Lemar. Oh dear  ;D

How do you bid £30m for someone in July and then go back with a £90m bid. ...I thought the world had went daft when united paid that for Pogba. The ass had to fall out of this at some point.
I'd never even heard of the cnut before Monday  ;D
Couldn't care less if we sign him or not.
Doesn't look like VVD is coming at this stage. That's one you would be hoping gets done!

Never heard of Lemar yet Ox is a great player LOL
The name Lemar rings a bell,   Hedley?

GJL

At least the net spend will look good on paper!

blewuporstuffed

Its mad that liverpool have spent around 90m this window, plus a club record fee for a player to come next season and it still feels a bit underwhelming.

Disappointing they didn't get VVD, i think he really could have made a big difference this year.
Lemar would have been great as well, but im not sure that was every likely to happen.

I still think they have had a better window than Chelsea & Arsenal.
City have really only improved their full backs. Tottenham have done OK but don't look a whole lot stronger.
United have probably done the best business with Matic & Lukaku
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

They didn't strengthen enough at centre back, that's clear. Also Keita next year is great, but is a pity they couldn't force it through for this year. Salah and Robertson are positive buys, and sure we'll see what AOC is made of. Not stellar by any means, but if they hold Coutinho and he knuckles down to make sure Barca come back for him next year, it will be generally a good transfer window.

If they lose Coutinho today, it's a bad window.

If they had signed VVD and Lamar, it would have been an excellent window.

Walter Cronc

AZOffaly

Yeah, the Spanish window lasts until tonight. You can transfer to Spain, but not from Spain.

Walter Cronc

Ah yes. Can't see it. They are under no pressure to sell him its just serious money for the yanks.

Armamike

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 01, 2017, 09:08:11 AM
They didn't strengthen enough at centre back, that's clear. Also Keita next year is great, but is a pity they couldn't force it through for this year. Salah and Robertson are positive buys, and sure we'll see what AOC is made of. Not stellar by any means, but if they hold Coutinho and he knuckles down to make sure Barca come back for him next year, it will be generally a good transfer window.

About sums it up for me. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

TabClear

The Centre Back situation is strange. I do admire Southampton for their stance and it does show the money sloshing around even below the traditional big clubs that Southampton can afford to knock back £70m plus for a player. An injury to Matip, who has shown himself to be injury prone puts us in a really bad position with only Klavan as recognised cover. I think Gomez could be an option there but probably a bit early.

I do think that a VVD or a defensive mid like Matic or Kante would make a massive difference. Strange as it sounds, I think a good defensive midfielder actually benefits more against the "park the bus" teams. Teams come to anfield/OT/Etihad and are set up for and expect wave after wave of attack from midfield. For the offensive team, the confidence that the defensive midfielder is always sitting there give free reign to anyone, be it full backs, centre backs etc to push on and creates a different dynamic to having another attacking midfielder in there. Clearly less likely to get hit by the sucker punch on the break as well.

If LLanna was fit I would have been inclined to take the Barca money. Ideal scenario now is to hold onto Couthinho and he has a blinder of a season, identify a good centre half in the next few months to sign or agree pre contract with in January and if he still wants to go send Phillipe off to the NouCamp (with a League medal in the sky rocket of course  8)) and Naby Keita comes in as the next big thing.

Worst case scenario is that Matip/Lovren pick up longterm injuries, Couthino huffs and the extra European games really hurt Liverpool and the lack of defensive depth is exposed.

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 01, 2017, 09:08:11 AM

VVD would have been enough to make it a good window. They never submitted a bid though so its not like they actually lost out on him.
I'm surprised they didn't have someone else lined up though.
I'm happy enough with all the other signings .
Salah is already proving his worth and Roberston had an excellent debut .Solanke while probably one for the future also looks like a real talent.
I'm happy enough signing the Ox also.
It would have been nice to sign a centre back. Then again Liverpool have kept 7 clean sheets in the last 9 Premier League games,so maybe it's not as big an issue as we think.
Will be a problem if we start getting injuries though.