The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 22, 2017, 01:30:39 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 22, 2017, 01:23:05 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 22, 2017, 01:13:52 PM
Ronnie Moran RIP. He must have seen some silverware come into the club in his time there.

He won the First and Second Division titles during his 379 appearances for Liverpool between 1952 and 1968 and as part of the famed Anfield boot room, was a key influence behind the scenes as the club won four European Cups, 13 league championships, five FA Cups, five League Cups, two Uefa Cups and one European Super Cup.

RIP Mr Liverpool.
Was reading there that man and boy he was there for 44 trophies in total across a 49 year span. Mr Liverpool indeed.
Unbelievable amount of trophies.
RIP.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Fuzzman

Quote from: J70 on March 21, 2017, 02:00:25 PM
You think Everton will actually come out and try to attack this time?

They spent the second half at xmas camped in their own box.

Yeah and that was at home J70 but I agree with Stew that we have improved greatly since that defeat.
In our last 10 games we've won 7, drew 2 and only lost 1 (Spurs away)
http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england

However, away from home we've been quite poor and you have to go back to 1999 when Everton last won at Anfield. I'd expect Koeman to go with 5 at the back again and Schneiderlin might be out injured.
Lot of talk today of Rooney coming back at the end of the season on a free transfer.

stew

Quote from: The Stallion on March 21, 2017, 06:17:28 PM
69 million may seem a pittance to you, but it is more than enough to improve on Mignolet, Henderson and Milner. Klopp failed to do that. I note that you consider it money well spent.
Rome was not built in a day there hoss!

Keeper, I mean a world class keeper should be number one priority, after that the backs need work, a shitload of work.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Stallion

Rome wasn't built in a day? Klopp has been in charge through 3 transfer windows and over 60 million spent, yet still hasn't replaced Mignolet, Henderson or Milner. If he isn't willing or capable of replacing those 3 glaring weaknesses in a year and a half it's inexcusable.

imtommygunn

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 22, 2017, 01:18:46 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 22, 2017, 01:13:52 PM
Ronnie Moran RIP. He must have seen some silverware come into the club in his time there.

Ah no, that's sad. He just launched a book recently too I think. A true Red.

Everton tv or someone did an interview with carragher last week. He was saying when he was playing reserve at about 16 or 17 he was still supporting everton and was cheering for them on the way back from a match on the team bus. Ronnie moran took him aside after this and told him to stop supporting everton lol.

Stallion do you not get bored spouting the same rhetoric. Liverpool should win comfortably against everton even though everton are one of the form teams. Cue i told you so if they win or klopp is rubbish if they don't win easily. You are as predictable as fearon and do that for almost evert game. Pathetic.

The Stallion

I don't get bored of speaking the truth, no.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: The Stallion on March 23, 2017, 08:35:38 PM
I don't get.bored of speaking the truth, no.

Don't let hardy see that, his head will explode!!!

Armamike

Ronnie Moran was the last living link with the original bootroom (i.e. pre Roy Evans). There was himself, Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley, Joe Fegan and Reuben Bennett.  RIP a Liverpool legend.
That's just, like your opinion man.

The Stallion

Good job Liverpool have a ridiculously easy run-in and should cruise to a top 4 spot even without Lallana. Surely even Klopp couldn't mess that up, could he?

Fuzzman

How do yis see the derby going this weekend lads?
Despite ye losing Lallana and us losing Coleman I think ye will win it handy enough as usual.
We have a brutal record at Anfield, not winning there I think since 1999 when Jeffers and Westerveld were sent off and Kevin Campbell scored. Gerrard(19) was sent off and Owen should have been sent off. Barmby was playing for Everton that year
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2770594/Everton-beat-Liverpool-Anfield-1999-Sportsmail-looks-men-played-years-ago.html

Just noticed we also had Hutchinson and Xavier in our team that year as well. How the hell did we beat ye with that team

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 29, 2017, 10:08:36 AM
How do yis see the derby going this weekend lads?
Despite ye losing Lallana and us losing Coleman I think ye will win it handy enough as usual.
We have a brutal record at Anfield, not winning there I think since 1999 when Jeffers and Westerveld were sent off and Kevin Campbell scored. Gerrard(19) was sent off and Owen should have been sent off. Barmby was playing for Everton that year
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2770594/Everton-beat-Liverpool-Anfield-1999-Sportsmail-looks-men-played-years-ago.html

Ah I don't know...you boys are on a good run. Coutinho and Firmino will be busted from flying home from Brazil. I reckon it'll be a draw.

Fuzzman

Minus15

Massive match today. Love Derby day at Anfield.

Not expecting this to happen at all but with Lallana out and Henderson still out I wouldn't like to see Lucas in midfield for this one nor do I think Origi deserves a spot up front. I would like to see Milner play in midfield in place of Lallana, bringing Trent in at right back and moving Clyne to the left. I would have Lovren back in today also.

Mignolet
Alexander Arnold
Matip
Lovren
Clyne

Can
Milner
Wijnaldum

Mane
Firmino
Coutinho

Leaving a bench of Karius, Klavan, Lucas, Moreno, Woodburn, Wilson, Origi

laoislad

Liverpool are a far better team than Everton. If Liverpool play the way they did v Spurs and Arsenal then Everton won't be able to touch them.
Only thing that concerns me is Everton are well overdue a victory, hopefully today isn't that day.
3-1 to Liverpool Coutinho first goal scorer.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: laoislad on April 01, 2017, 10:18:23 AM
Liverpool are a far better team than Everton. If Liverpool play the way they did v Spurs and Arsenal then Everton won't be able to touch them.
Only thing that concerns me is Everton are well overdue a victory, hopefully today isn't that day.
3-1 to Liverpool Coutinho first goal scorer.
delusion
Everton unbeaten since mid December