Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Stallion

Leicester
Watford
Feyenoord
Bounemouth
Northampton

All managed to score against the dodgy Utd defence this season. Liverpool,  under the guidance of supposedly world class manager Jurgen Klopp, failed to score at home to the same dodgy defence.

He's so darn zany though, probably won't get criticised for this pathetic performance.

laoislad

Only one team trying to win in that second half.  Jose parked his Billion pound bus in front of us and went home with the point he came for. De Gea once again their hero. Some goalie though in fairness.
Disappointing not to be beating the teams below you in the table but on the bright side it was Liverpools first clean sheet since last February!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

TabClear

Only one team interested in trying to win that.  Mourinho did what he came to do but f**k his teams are brutal to watch. I was never a Ferguson fan but at least his teams were entertaining.

Just shows how far United have fallen when you hear the commentators talking about how poor Liverpool were as if they were playing a championship team.  United were doing nothing going forward but to hear Neville it was as if was one of the great underdog stories. De Gea had a couple of great saves as he always does against Liverpool.  Great keeper.

Lallana made a massive difference when he came on. Really brought couthino into it. Can to be fair improved a lot as well. Herrera very good in first half for United.

As for Pogba... £90m????? apparently buys you one good cross a game!

mikehunt

Quote from: laoislad on October 17, 2016, 10:02:00 PM
Only one team trying to win in that second half.  Jose parked his Billion pound bus in front of us and went home with the point he came for. De Gea once again their hero. Some goalie though in fairness.
Disappointing not to be beating the teams below you in the table but on the bright side it was Liverpools first clean sheet since last February!
A clean sheet against a parked bus is nothing to shout about. Maureen is some can of piss. Spends all that money and only cares about not losing. Special miarse.

The Stallion

Seems to be a lot of misdirected anger here from some of my fellow Liverpool supporters. Klopp was too clueless to break down a dodgy Utd defence.

StGallsGAA

Yes United parked the bus....at the Liverpool end for the entire first half! ;D

Minder

Quote from: The Stallion on October 17, 2016, 10:15:16 PM
Seems to be a lot of misdirected anger here from some of my fellow Liverpool supporters. Klopp was too clueless to break down a dodgy Utd defence.

Klopp wasn't playing
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Jeepers Creepers

liverpool were bad tonight to be fair.

The Stallion

Quote from: Minder on October 17, 2016, 10:26:07 PM
Quote from: The Stallion on October 17, 2016, 10:15:16 PM

Klopp wasn't playing

He didn't seem to be doing much managing either. Schooled by Mourinho.

Gold

Brutal stuff

Cashley Young makes me sick. Pogba is awful...a 4-0 up score you the 5th sorta player

Just boring
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

J70

Quote from: StGallsGAA on October 17, 2016, 10:17:17 PM

From the 25th minute on, United sat back.

J70

Quote from: laoislad on October 17, 2016, 10:43:06 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 17, 2016, 10:40:40 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on October 17, 2016, 10:17:17 PM

From the 25th minute on, United sat back.
They didn't exactly do much attacking for the first 25 min either!

Perhaps not, but they were by far the better team during that period.

laoislad

Quote from: J70 on October 17, 2016, 09:08:53 PM
That was lucky. Ibrahomovich looked onside to me.
Even if he was ( which he wasn't) he missed it anyway.
Done nothing all night except foul.

blewuporstuffed

I dont really have a problem with a  team coming to Anfield and setting up ultra defense and try and grind out a nil nil. United certainly arent the first, but its the fawning over the 'mouriniho masterclass' stuff that gets me.
Pointing out on sky how they slowed everything down on every set peice and they took all throw ins down the line. Real tactical genius stuff alright   ::)

If Mourinho had setup like that in el classico the spanish media would murder him.

He as one of the most expensive squads every assembled and the worlds most expensive player, and he comes to a team that haven't won the league in over 25 years and parks the bus.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 18, 2016, 10:10:11 AM
I dont really have a problem with a  team coming to Anfield and setting up ultra defense and try and grind out a nil nil. United certainly arent the first, but its the fawning over the 'mouriniho masterclass' stuff that gets me.
Pointing out on sky how they slowed everything down on every set peice and they took all throw ins down the line. Real tactical genius stuff alright   ::)

If Mourinho had setup like that in el classico the spanish media would murder him.

He as one of the most expensive squads every assembled and the worlds most expensive player, and he comes to a team that haven't won the league in over 25 years and parks the bus.
At no point in that game did I feel Liverpool were going to lose. That's how much United have fallen imo. In the past you'd always be fearful they would do something and maybe score in the last minute or something but I never felt that last night.How many times over the years have they won games like that.
They offered nothing going forward.I'd hate to have Jose as manager to be honest.I agree with you about the Mourhino masterclass nonsense also. Neville having an orgasm because they were walking and taking their time to take a throw in ffs.

Liverpool played badly but at least they tried to score. I wouldn't mind if there were only a handful of games left in the season and they were in the title race, but to park the bus and play for a point after only 8 games of the season.. ::)