The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Stallion

Liverpool could still progress, but it's surely clear for you all to see that Klopp is tactically clueless?

AZOffaly

Missed opportunity. They were there for the taking, but Klopp gambled on trying to get a 0-0, which wouldn't have been a great result anyway in my view. The way the attack lined up, they had a lot of ball, but didn't end up with any cutting edge because there was no Sturridge or Benteke in there. I would question that decision alright.

That said, that team are nothing special. They are nowhere near Dortmund, so if Liverpool tear into them, with a striker up front and Firmino and Coutinho playing off him, I think Liverpool will have enough at Anfield. They've made it very difficult for themselves, but it was even more difficult 10 minutes into the second leg v Dortmund.

SHEEDY

classy tribute to the hillsborough verdict from everton today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36178259
nil satis nisi optimum

laoislad

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 30, 2016, 06:24:36 PM
classy tribute to the hillsborough verdict from everton today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36178259
Excllent well done. Nice choice of song.
I believe they played YNWA before the Newcastle United game today also.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 01, 2016, 12:36:59 PM
???
Youngest ever Liverpool starting 11 in the Premier League era.
Lucky not to be 3 or 4 down.

magpie seanie

Klopp had a point about the timing of the game. A bit ridiculous to be fair. Either way he should only be putting out a weak team anyway.

laoislad

J70

Ojo should have wellied it, but WTF was Lucas up to and why didn't anyone give him a shout?

The Stallion

Clueless Klopp delivering another comically bad performance I see. Still no criticism from other Liverpool fans though. Odd.

TabClear

Pretty woeful performance today especially in the 1St half. Ibe has went backwards this season and we are missing Can badly in midfield. I know Thursday is the priority but that was not good preparation.

J70

Quote from: TabClear on May 01, 2016, 05:37:36 PM
Pretty woeful performance today especially in the 1St half. Ibe has went backwards this season and we are missing Can badly in midfield. I know Thursday is the priority but that was not good preparation.

Yep, the centre of midfield was a massive issue today, in addition (obviously) to the centre of defense. If nothing else, it is another illustration of where work needs to be done in the team. The third goal was a comedy of errors, while the first was awful defending of a cross (could easily have conceded an identical one shortly after). Second goal was shocking though - no one attacked the ball. Cork was allowed to recover his own interception, control the ball, and pick his spot from 20 yards as everyone backed off.

In terms of Thursday, however, at least seven of the starting team there today won't be playing. I don't think it has much relevance. It will be a much different performance and mindset with something at stake.

Orior

Quote from: laoislad on May 01, 2016, 12:38:17 PM
???

Would you be happy if you paid a lot of money to see a relative B team play?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

J70

Quote from: Orior on May 01, 2016, 09:12:13 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 01, 2016, 12:38:17 PM
???

Would you be happy if you paid a lot of money to see a relative B team play?

Any Liverpool fan with half a clue knew a weak side would be fielded today.

The Stallion

Any Liverpool fan with half a clue knows the manager is clueless