The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 25, 2016, 10:35:06 PM
Job done, now LFC need to avoid United as they are going to win everything after crushing european heavyweights Michelin following on from the super performance at Shrewsbury.
Augsburg keeper is decent

Yes thought the same myself.

Denn Forever

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on February 26, 2016, 10:52:00 AM
Job done, now LFC need to avoid United as they are going to win everything after crushing european heavyweights Michelin following on from the super performance at Shrewsbury.

Summer signing?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

J70

Quote from: Denn Forever on February 26, 2016, 11:14:39 AM

Summer signing?

Slow down lads!

Bogdan was signed on account of a couple of good performances against Liverpool in the cup last year!

johnneycool

Quote from: J70 on February 26, 2016, 11:37:09 AM
Quote from: Denn Forever on February 26, 2016, 11:14:39 AM

Summer signing?

Slow down lads!

Bogdan was signed on account of a couple of good performances against Liverpool in the cup last year!

Was Bogdan not a freebie?

brokencrossbar1

The keeper is a decent one and considered one of the better in the Bundesliga but still a bit below what we would want.  he would be an excellent no2 keeper.

Just waiting on the EL draw now,  who do we want?  Valenica? United? Spurs? Dortmund?

brokencrossbar1

Shakhtar Donetsk v Anderlecht
FC Basel v Sevilla
Villarreal v Bayer Leverkusen
Athletic Bilbao v Valencia
And it's United!

deiseach

Alex Frei's reaction on making the draw was ace. He was well chuffed with himself.

brokencrossbar1

Home leg on 10 March, away on 17 March with no league game in between.

They're playing West Ham in the cup on the sunday in between (probably), and City in the derby on the 20th.

laoislad

Would have preferred second leg at home.
Is it the first ever meeting in Europe?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on February 26, 2016, 12:28:19 PM

Yeah,  I don't know about the second leg at home thing.  We keep it tight and don't give away an away goal in the first leg then we have a decent shut for the second leg with big pressure on them and 2 massive games around the second leg. We will have a full week off between the 2 legs and they will have a FA Cup game against a WHU team pushing hard for the cup

angermanagement

Second leg on St Patrick's day, the pubs will be carnage.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 26, 2016, 12:32:52 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 26, 2016, 12:28:19 PM

Yeah,  I don't know about the second leg at home thing.  We keep it tight and don't give away an away goal in the first leg then we have a decent shut for the second leg with big pressure on them and 2 massive games around the second leg. We will have a full week off between the 2 legs and they will have a FA Cup game against a WHU team pushing hard for the cup
Scoring goals the problem in either leg.

J70

The Stallion

The Europa represents a chance for Klopp to salvage something from his awful spell in charge so far. Not sure he's up to the job though.