The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Stallion

Leicester have a good manager. Liverpool do not.

A good manager would have Liverpool fourth or fifth. Liverpool's squad has several rubbish players, but it is good enough to finish top 6 no problem. Klopp is currently failing to acheive this.

laoislad

Quote from: The Stallion on February 03, 2016, 10:37:58 PM
Leicester have a good manager. Liverpool do not.

A good manager would have Liverpool fourth or fifth. Liverpool's squad has several rubbish players, but it is good enough to finish top 6 no problem. Klopp is currently failing to acheive this.
Gary Neville could be free soon. Surely a step up from Klopp.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Stallion

I don't agree with that but you are entitled to your opinion.

Carmen Stateside

Something has to be done to try and provide goals.  Klopp is going to have to try Benteke again as he is the only man that could maybe score.
Moreno has to go after that first half last night.  Was the worst performance from any player i have seen this year, Smith would have had a field day if started because Mahrez had no interest in defending all night.  His decision making is very very poor.

The Stallion

The goalscoring problem is down to the midfield, not the strikers.

Carmen Stateside

I would agree but what options are there in midfield?  Freeing up Firmino to move back may help.  Benteke at present is the only player that will let Klopp do that.  Another thing! Crosses be it from play or set pieces has to improve.  Was very frustrating last night watching every corner going short after all the big players from back had come up and then struggled to get back when the ball was turned over.

rodney trotter

Alex Taixeria China bound, 50m.  Jackson Martinez gone yesterday for 30m.

deiseach

I'm hear Teixeira is proud to be joining <ctrl-v> Jiangsu Suning.

J70

Quote from: The Stallion on February 03, 2016, 06:31:26 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 03, 2016, 02:46:23 PM
What size of a job has Klopp ahead of him in the summer?
It would really take a massive clear out, but you rarely ever actually see that happen.

likely to keep:
Henderson
Firmino
Clyne
Sakho
Countino
Can
Origi
Flanagan
Ings

Only Firmino, Clyne, Coutinho and at a stretch Can are worth keeping out of that list.

Flanagan is awful, and seems to escape criticism just because he's a local lad.

Origi is pathetic.

Sakho is an absolute donkey, completely useless with the ball and too ponderous in possession.

Henderson isn't even a footballer. Runs around like Milner without ever doing anything defensively or offensively.

Complete clearout needed, especially in midfield.

A new manager required too.

But Klopp should be managing this dross into the top four? ;D  ::)

The Stallion

Yes. The standard has decreased over the last decade and poor sides can now finish fourth. Liverpool had as good a squad if not better than the likes of Leicester and Utd. They should be higher than Klopp has them.

J70

Except United have a world class keeper, solid enough defence,  and Leicester have decent, fit strikers whose style of play suits the players behind them.

J70

And to be clear, I'm not saying Klopp will or will not turn out to be a successful Liverpool manager. I'm saying it's ludicrous to write him off as a clueless failure this early into his reign, especially given the problems with the squad and the injuries.

The Stallion

I'm saying he will not turn out to be a good Liverpool manager, because he isn't a good manager.

A good manager would have finished top four this season with Liverpool.

He's been there for months and shown absolutely no sign that he has a clue what he's doing.

on the sideline

laoislad

Sturridge on the bench. No Klopp, in hospital with appendicitis.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.