The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Ian Rush and John Aldridge both scored for Liverpool in Australia today... That's  the striker problem sorted!
And Dalglish didn't think the two of them could play together...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Youngsters starting tonight with Enrique starting at cb!

According to Tony Barrett

Bogdan
Randall
Illori
Enrique
Smith
Stewart
Brannagan
Kent
Teixeira
Ojo
Sinclair

blewuporstuffed

Rumours of Gotze to liverpool today.
that would be some signing, but I would take it with a  pinch of salt.

Klopp has never really went for the big name signings,even when in Dortmund,  he was more of a man to get the most out of potential stars
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

gawa316

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 08, 2016, 03:26:55 PM

Klopp has never really went for the big name signings,even when in Dortmund,  he was more of a man to get the most out of potential stars

Can he play CB?!

AZOffaly

Sure we have Enrique and Illori now!

Fermanaghandsam

Quote from: gawa316 on January 08, 2016, 03:39:33 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 08, 2016, 03:26:55 PM

Can he play CB?!

Can our normal CB's play CB?

AZOffaly

I think Lovren is coming along quietly. He's stopped trying to be Beckenbauer and is just trying to stop the others scoring. I've been an apologist of his, so I'm not going to change horses :)

blewuporstuffed

Realistically, where is Klopp likely to strengthen in the window?

Obviously they need another CB ASAP, but the trouble is they also need a long term solution there too, and its going to be hard to get both ( or one player who ticks both boxes).

A player that could cover both full back positions would be great, as Clyne and Moreno have played a lot of games already and the options are limited.

With Milner/Henderson/Can/Lucas CM area isn't too bad ( and Allen who can still do a job)

An attacking MF/ winger is needed as Liverpool tend to be very narrow. Particularly if Klopp is going to stick with Benteke, he needs wide players to get him the type of service he needs.

Another striker seems unlikely this window, even though they have struggled for goals and Sturridge is a  perma-crock along with Ings out long term.

Lyon are supposed to have accepted a £23m offer for Lacazette from Newcastle, but the player turned down the move.
He is someone I would love to see at Liverpool, his pace and running in behind would suit coutinho and firmino and would be a better fit for Liverpool than the type of player Benteke is.

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

brokencrossbar1

The funny thing is that when they are fit we have 2 good CBs in Lovern and Sahko and 2 decent in Skertl and Kolo.  They are not top level but they are just below it. Kolo is joining Real Madrid in the summer by the look of his comments. Skertl will be gone. Ilori has a chance to put himself into 3rd/4th CB over the next few games as there will be at least 1 brought in now and maybe 1 more in the summer.  It may be a loan now with Matip in the summer.  Talk of Ranocchia now.  Not sure how go he is but some seem to think he is a bit slow.  You have to trust Klopp in picking CBs though seeing as he played there all his career and you'd think he'd know a thing or 2 about a good one.

magpie seanie

What's the story with all the hamstring injuries? Must be 4 or 5 out with hammers now.

Wasn't there a time under Souness or someone that there were 6 or 7 lads out with calf strains?

AZOffaly

6 actually I think. Obviously has to be something going on, but I think it might be S&C related as opposed to tiredness from pressing as some have suggested. Coutinho hasn't played a pile of games, and he pulled his relatively early, as did Lovren.

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 08, 2016, 04:02:40 PM
6 actually I think. Obviously has to be something going on, but I think it might be S&C related as opposed to tiredness from pressing as some have suggested. Coutinho hasn't played a pile of games, and he pulled his relatively early, as did Lovren.
7 now as Ibe is out with hamstring now also.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 08, 2016, 03:59:20 PM
What's the story with all the hamstring injuries? Must be 4 or 5 out with hammers now.

Wasn't there a time under Souness or someone that there were 6 or 7 lads out with calf strains?

Some Dutch guy who'd worked with Klopp had been discussing it and training methods that he used , also Danny Mills (who I think is a brilliant commentator on radio for the BBC)  said its either just rotten luck or that the players have just went that bit extra hard at training for a new coach ..... things will be different come the summer when pre season kicks in and he can start afresh ...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 08, 2016, 04:42:28 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 08, 2016, 03:59:20 PM

Some Dutch guy who'd worked with Klopp had been discussing it and training methods that he used , also Danny Mills (who I think is a brilliant commentator on radio for the BBC)  said its either just rotten luck or that the players have just went that bit extra hard at training for a new coach ..... things will be different come the summer when pre season kicks in and he can start afresh ...

I'd say it's likely to be a new harder training regime.  Players not up to the level Klopp expects for his game plan.

AZOffaly

The thing about the training is Klopp, and the players, have more or less said they aren't doing much training per se. They are playing matches that it's more recovery sessions than heavy training per se.