The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Link on December 03, 2015, 11:06:09 AM
just seen the 7 minute highlight video through a twitter page. Not sure what my favorite part was.

1. Sturridge's feet and shot for the first
2. Can's ball for the second
3. Moreno's strike
4. Origi's 2nd
5. Ibe's touch and finish
6. Smith's cross for the last

what song was being sung about Lallana quite loudly? was it the Southampton crowd?
I'd add Klopps reactions to all the goals last night, especially the one where he is standing beside Henderson.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 03, 2015, 01:38:59 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 03, 2015, 01:26:25 PM
If everyone was fit what would be Klopps preferred formation and starting team? I haven't seen much of Liverpool so are they playing differently away from home? Away results are very impressive.

Last night he changed to a diamond with 2 upfront (Sturridge and Origi). Mostly he's been playing 1 up front in a sort of 4 - 2 -3 - 1.

Cheers.

Does he play 4-2-3-1 at home?
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

He seems to have played that, or a variation (4-2-1-3)  in every game so far. Last night was the first time I really saw 2 up front.

Boycey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 03, 2015, 01:39:50 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 03, 2015, 01:28:55 PM
Its like this. Some fans get excited about their clubs net spend.
Other fans get excited about their team wining 6-1 away from home in a Cup 1/4 Final.
Don't think anyone is getting carried away, but signs are good for the future.

I think ultimately the fans get excited about winning leagues, winning league cups and to a certain extent winning FA cups don't be cutting the mustard .....

Utd and Liverpool wont be doing that anytime soon... Sturridges injuries will continue and the form will drop when he's not playing... like the year Liverpool should have won the league one swallow doesn't make a summer....

I said at the start of the season that neither United or Liverpool could win the league, I'd rule neither out at this stage though. Chelsea can't win it, City should be a class apart but the signs are that maybe their appetite isn't what it should be so if any team can string a set of results together you never know....

AZOffaly

Liverpool won't be winning this, come on now. Maybe a top 4 finish. Having said that, why not try win it? If you fail, you might end up in the top 4 anyway.

The ones who should be winning this, and who should be kicking themselves in my opinion, are Arsenal.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 03, 2015, 03:07:13 PM
Liverpool won't be winning this, come on now. Maybe a top 4 finish. Having said that, why not try win it? If you fail, you might end up in the top 4 anyway.

The ones who should be winning this, and who should be kicking themselves in my opinion, are Arsenal.

It really is Arsenal's for the winning.  They have a great opportunity if they can get the run of results that is needed to push on through.  We're not there yet and a top 4 is the best we can hope for

theyellowbus

Exactly.Their best chance in years and with some of the attacking talent they have I cant understand how they haven't opened up a small lead ahead of the pack this year.
Some woeful results against inferior opposition this year West Brom springing to mind have seen them just happy in the comfort zone or the Arsenal zone it should be called (3/4 spot).
10/1 on Liverpool winning the league is some good value (Boylesports) if you think about their form since Klopp has come in.
If Klopp could persuade some of his old Dortmund mates (Hummels and Reus spring to mind) to join in January it could make for a great second half of a season.

Keyser soze

I think Liverpool have every chance of winning the League, there's nothing out there to terrify anybody.

Boycey

Quote from: theyellowbus on December 03, 2015, 03:21:59 PM

Exactly.Their best chance in years and with some of the attacking talent they have I cant understand how they haven't opened up a small lead ahead of the pack this year.
Some woeful results against inferior opposition this year West Brom springing to mind have seen them just happy in the comfort zone or the Arsenal zone it should be called (3/4 spot).
10/1 on Liverpool winning the league is some good value (Boylesports) if you think about their form since Klopp has come in.
If Klopp could persuade some of his old Dortmund mates (Hummels and Reus spring to mind) to join in January it could make for a great second half of a season.

didn't realise they'd come in that far they were 15s-16s on the exchange the other night, 10s would be a bit thin for me. I checked the betfair exchange, there is in excess of €50k traded on Liverpool at prices greater than 50s now that is a nice price to be sitting on. THere'll be some traders sweating...

theyellowbus

This is Boylesports prices which compared to other Bookies wouldnt be a great barometer for value.

Maroon Manc

Its been a long time since Arsenal won a league title, I've doubted for the last few years whether Arsenal would win it again under Wenger. He didn't buy a holding midfielder this summer and with Coquelin out for 3 months its going to haunt him. City would win the league comfortably if they had a top class manager. 85 points will win the league but think City are the only team capable of achieving that, don't see United, Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs hitting that figure.

Liverpools home form will improve in the coming months but I do think their away form will suffer, you've played all the top teams but think the teams in the bottom half of the table will treat Liverpool at home as an away game.  Liverpool & Spurs seasons depend so much on Sturidge & Kane although Liverpool would cope a lot better without Sturidge than Spurs would without Kane.

The football Dortmund played under Klopp for a few years was the best football I've watched the last 7 or 8 years.

theyellowbus

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 03, 2015, 03:39:58 PM

Its been a long time since Arsenal won a league title, I've doubted for the last few years whether Arsenal would win it again under Wenger. He didn't buy a holding midfielder this summer and with Coquelin out for 3 months its going to haunt him. City would win the league comfortably if they had a top class manager. 85 points will win the league but think City are the only team capable of achieving that, don't see United, Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs hitting that figure.

Liverpools home form will improve in the coming months but I do think their away form will suffer, you've played all the top teams but think the teams in the bottom half of the table will treat Liverpool at home as an away game.  Liverpool & Spurs seasons depend so much on Sturidge & Kane although Liverpool would cope a lot better without Sturidge than Spurs would without Kane.

The football Dortmund played under Klopp for a few years was the best football I've watched the last 7 or 8 years.
That's the key for him to be a success at Liverpool.The German league isn't as over flated financially as the premier league so in terms of things like huge wages and over inflated rich egos he probably wouldn't have encountered as much of this during his time with Dortmund and so most of his time was spent in terms of management and coaching and this in turn made them a very stylish and competitive side.
However the premier league is a different kettle of fish in regards the circus that comes with it.How would Klopp have handled Sterling for example in regards his throwing the toys out of the pram or his earlier antics?what about the Suarez incidents?These things can eat into how a manager performs his role and while everything should be geared towards coaching and team preparation that isn't always the case when your being inundated with press and media hounding you over silly headline fillers.
If Klopp can concentrate solely on his main job and no silly or stupid things pop up like sterlingesque incidents of the past then he has a chance of creating something akin to what he did at Dortmund.
Ferguson was a genius in regards handling any of these situations without undermining him or the clubs performances.Rodgers not so much and it ultimately led to his downfall.

Hound

Just on the pessimisitc side for a sec, when playing Swansea last week we were very good for 20-25 minutes, but didn't make the breakthrough. After that it was the same old story of running out of ideas and panic set in. So Klopp hasn't sorted that out.

Against Southampton, Wanayama missed a sitter to put us 2-0 down after 4 minutes. That might have changed the game. We still can't defend crosses. Moreno a massive weak link in that regard and the centre halfs not strong enough to make up for that.

We're not near as strong defensively as United, so if we were playing them at the weekend I wouldnt be confident. With their 2 midfielders sitting in front of their back 4, if we didn't score in the first quarter we'd inevitably lose 1-0 to a set piece.
Worried going to Newcastle as raging hot favourites!

But great to see Sturridge back with a bang. I thought he was every bit as lazy as Balotelli when he did turn up last year, but Klopp won't let him away with that. Limped off of course, but can't help but be excited with the thought of his return. Although no feckin clue who he should pick when Coutinho, Firmino and Benteke are also in the equation. Ibe probably deserves a bit more game time too.

I've said from very early on that Can is going to be a star for us long term. A few ups and downs, but he's quality and he has a fantastic attitude, always looks to be positive. If he can add a goal every 5 or 6 games, he could become one of the top midfielders in the league.

brokencrossbar1

Another chance to close the gap between the teams above us with Spurs and the 2 Manchester teams dropping points.  With no Can or Coutinho will be interesting.  The Magpies are worse than shite at the minute but these are the type of games that we have struggled in.  They will not come out to play and will just have 2 banks of 5 infront of the goals.  I would go with the same formation as the other night,  the diamond, I would start Lucas, Henderson, Milner with Firmino on the point behind Sturridge and Benteke and really go at them.  Given Sturridge 60 minutes and then push young Divock on to rest him.  An early goal for us and you could see a big win.  The first goal is vital.  A win is all that matters and anything after that is bonus stuff.

laoislad

Very nervous about today myself.
3 points would be huge after yesterday's results.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.