The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

No coincidence that the team is playing like it is without SG in it nevermind Henderson. I only got the last 20 minutes on the radio and it was nervy as hell. The thing is the team seems to be maturing nicely together. There is no direct replacement for Gerrard, only a systematic replacement and that seems to be happening. The summer purchases are starting to return value albeit it with some shortcomings. A win on Wednesday and you never know what will happen with United in a tricky away game to Newcastle. They then have Arsenal in the Cup and Spurs in the league at home. On paper they are harder games than we face before the teams meet so it is possible that we could be ahead of them by that game. Hopefully Sturridge will have found his form by then. Crucial 3 weeks

GalwayBayBoy

AZOffaly

Did I hear the sky commentator right? That was the first time Kolo and YAya Toure played against each other?

Gabriel_Hurl

mikehunt

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 01, 2015, 07:04:58 PM
No coincidence that the team is playing like it is without SG in it nevermind Henderson. I only got the last 20 minutes on the radio and it was nervy as hell. The thing is the team seems to be maturing nicely together. There is no direct replacement for Gerrard, only a systematic replacement and that seems to be happening. The summer purchases are starting to return value albeit it with some shortcomings. A win on Wednesday and you never know what will happen with United in a tricky away game to Newcastle. They then have Arsenal in the Cup and Spurs in the league at home. On paper they are harder games than we face before the teams meet so it is possible that we could be ahead of them by that game. Hopefully Sturridge will have found his form by then. Crucial 3 weeks

Gerrard will be back in the team when fit. 

AZOffaly

Gerrard will play the cup game(s) and will probably be used to give Henderson a rest as a sub. He knows this himself, that's why he's leaving.

AZOffaly

By the way Emre Can is an animal. He looked absolutely bollixed on Thursday night, but was back to his marauding self again today, right up to the end. I know he's only 20 or something but that is impressive. The joys of youth!

magpie seanie

Quote from: Minder on March 01, 2015, 06:35:57 PM
Rodgers deserves immense credit, couldn't see him turning it around. No coincidence that Henderson is playing like that without Gerrard in the team

Agree 100% with this. Rodgers deserves massive credit for facing down practically a coup lead by Gerrard and his media buddies and turning this around. Much as it doesn't give me pleasure to say this Liverpool are clearly the form team in the league at the minute and it's hard to not see them making the top 4. I actually expected Liverpool to win this but was hoping for a draw. It drags citeh back into it a wee bit as well. Still obviously an excellent side but Kompany has been a huge part of that and is not playing well.

cockahoop

A player i have been very critical of in the past,Joe Allen,he was fantastic yesterday his best game in a liverpool shirt by a distance.

laoislad

Who hacked magpie seanies account?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 02, 2015, 08:46:16 AM
Quote from: Minder on March 01, 2015, 06:35:57 PM
Rodgers deserves immense credit, couldn't see him turning it around. No coincidence that Henderson is playing like that without Gerrard in the team

Agree 100% with this. Rodgers deserves massive credit for facing down practically a coup lead by Gerrard and his media buddies and turning this around. Much as it doesn't give me pleasure to say this Liverpool are clearly the form team in the league at the minute and it's hard to not see them making the top 4. I actually expected Liverpool to win this but was hoping for a draw. It drags citeh back into it a wee bit as well. Still obviously an excellent side but Kompany has been a huge part of that and is not playing well.
Did you really think Liverpool would win? As a L'Pool supporter before the match I'd have been happy with a draw.

deiseach

FAO Man Utd fans looking to heap pressure on Liverpool by posting on a Liverpool thread on a GAA board that Liverpool are bound to finish in the top four (and not doing so would represent a massive choke):

AZOffaly

I've said since the start of the season that this group would come together and click at some stage. I also said I hoped it wouldn't be 'too late'. Now it's probably happened since that United game at OT, and whether it's too late or not is still a moot point. What I do know is it has heaped the pressure on, and that pressure is going to stay on because LFC can't afford too many slip ups. United and Arsenal are in the drivers seats because they have the points on the board. Yes United are not winning impressively, but they are winning. There's a lot to be said for that. Arsenal are going to take one of the top 3, and Spurs are still in the hunt as well. I can't have Liverpool as favourites because chances are there'll be at least a couple of bad results before the end of the season, and you are going to need United and Spurs to have a few bad results themselves.

United have to be massive favourites for 4th. Anything less than that is unthinkable for them this season.

rodney trotter

Tottenham

Swansea

Wed 4 Mar  19:45   

QPR

Tottenham

Sat 7 Mar  15:00   

Man Utd

Tottenham

Sun 15 Mar  16:00   

Tottenham

Leicester

Sat 21 Mar  15:00   

April 2015

Burnley

Tottenham

Sun 5 Apr  13:30   

Tottenham

Aston Villa

Sat 11 Apr  15:00   

Newcastle

Tottenham

Sun 19 Apr  16:00   

Show
Premier League 

Southampton

Tottenham

Sat 25 Apr  12:45   

May 2015

Tottenham

Man City

Sat 2 May  15:00   

Stoke

Tottenham

Sat 9 May  15:00   

Tottenham

Hull

Sat 16 May  15:00   

Everton

Tottenham

Sun 24 May  15:00 

Spurs remaining fixtures , not the worst. They can fully concentrate on the League now, not in any Cup competitions.

deiseach

Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool have a maximum of three cup games (plus two periods of extra time) left before the end of the league season. They really shouldn't be a decisive factor.

Edit: Arsenal have an extra game. There won't be any more than that!