The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: laoislad on December 12, 2014, 07:14:46 PM
Quote from: TabClear on December 12, 2014, 03:02:18 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2014, 02:07:19 PM
Has there been a worse Liverpool side than the current one since Shankly took them out of Division 2 fifty years ago?

Thats a bit of an overreaction imo. Its the same players with the exception of Suarez as came 2nd last year,  scoring more goals than any of the great Liverpool teams.

Now I know Suarez is a once in a generation talent and the team is nowhere near as good without him. However, they are not that bad. I remember the Babb, Scales years (among others) and this team is way better than that, even though they are not showing it.

Unfortunately, I think we were spoiled last year :'(
You could pick far worse than Babb and Scales.. Who weren't even that bad in fairness.
I still break into a cold sweat thinking of the Konchesky and Poulsen era.....

FFS, I've just had a vision of Glenn Hysen, Torben Piechnick and Sean Dundee trotting onto the pitch together...

mikehunt

Quote from: laoislad on December 13, 2014, 01:03:04 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on December 13, 2014, 11:01:18 AM
Not sure Rodgers will be able to turn this around. Has fallen out with too many players. The ones he picks don't seem to be playing for him and none of his summer signings are regulars which is shocking after spending 100m.

Last year when Kolo played everyone groaned. Now he looks to be the best. Says it all. Rogers can't organise a defence and it is getting worse.
What players has he fallen out with?
Reina, Agger, Moreno, Sakho and Sahin. Four of those are better than what are currently starting.

ONeill

How trigger-happy are the current owners?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stew

Quote from: TabClear on December 12, 2014, 05:08:02 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2014, 03:58:47 PM
Has there been a worse Liverpool side than the current one since Shankly took them out of Division 2 fifty years ago?

Thats a bit of an overreaction imo. Its the same players with the exception of Suarez as came 2nd last year,  scoring more goals than any of the great Liverpool teams.

Now I know Suarez is a once in a generation talent and the team is nowhere near as good without him. However, they are not that bad. I remember the Babb, Scales years (among others) and this team is way better than that, even though they are not showing it.

I'm talking about how the team is performing,  not potential.  I have been following Liverpool a long time, and I cannot remember a stretch, now into its fifth month, of form so inept and abject.

Thats fair. I agree with AZ, its the lack of urgency that is the most infuriating. When you look at teams we have played with nowhere near the technical skills (Ludogorets, BAsle, West ham), their pressing etc has been the deciding factor.

With us its like the players have been told to hold onto the ball at all costs, never take a risk on a forward pass, long ball etc. Unforunately I think BR has to take the rap on this one. Once they are pressed, the less technically good players tend to end up hoofing it anyway, with the result that they difficult ball is played about 10-15 seconds later when the opposition have got themselves in position and the passer has less time to execute.

tika taka is all very well when you have a Messi/Pedro/Sanchec/Neymar on the end of it

Good players don't turn into bad players overnight, Liverpool have got the talent to bounce back, the problem is Gerrard is doing his bit but they lack the confidence to push on, I think this United game comes at the perfect time, if they can go in there and win I really believe they will put together a good string of results and get back into top four contention.

As for Suarez? Why the hell not!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

heganboy

Do you mean Torres? On a free I am inclined to agree. Why not?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

laoislad

Quote from: mikehunt on December 13, 2014, 02:18:21 PM
Not sure Rodgers will be able to turn this around. Has fallen out with too many players. The ones he picks don't seem to be playing for him and none of his summer signings are regulars which is shocking after spending 100m.

Last year when Kolo played everyone groaned. Now he looks to be the best. Says it all. Rogers can't organise a defence and it is getting worse.
Reina, Agger, Moreno, Sakho and Sahin. Four of those are better than what are currently starting.
Reina wanted to leave for Barcelona so that wasn't Rodger's fault. Agger has admitted the Premier League got to much for him. Sakho has been injured and I  dunno when or why or even if he fell out with Moreno.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JoG2

Would take Torres surely. Maybe Rafa too ;-)

mikehunt

Quote from: laoislad on December 13, 2014, 06:47:53 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on December 13, 2014, 02:18:21 PM

Reina wanted to leave for Barcelona so that wasn't Rodger's fault. Agger has admitted the Premier League got to much for him. Sakho has been injured and I  dunno when or why or even if he fell out with Moreno.
Agger Reina and Sahin all mentioned that they weren't impressed with Rogers. Seemingly Moreno called Rogers something in Spainish and Rodgers knew what it was. A rumour yes but he hasn't played much lately.  Sakho walked out before Everton match after learning he was being dropped while Brendan persisted with Lovren.

JoG2

Stop reading the Daily Mail Mike ;-)

laoislad

Quote from: JoG2 on December 13, 2014, 08:47:36 PM
I was just about to say the same thing!

mikehunt

Quote from: laoislad on December 13, 2014, 08:51:54 PM
Never read it in my life and don't intend to.

moysider

Quote from: stew on December 13, 2014, 04:01:07 PM
Quote from: TabClear on December 12, 2014, 05:08:02 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2014, 03:58:47 PM

I'm talking about how the team is performing,  not potential.  I have been following Liverpool a long time, and I cannot remember a stretch, now into its fifth month, of form so inept and abject.

Thats fair. I agree with AZ, its the lack of urgency that is the most infuriating. When you look at teams we have played with nowhere near the technical skills (Ludogorets, BAsle, West ham), their pressing etc has been the deciding factor.

With us its like the players have been told to hold onto the ball at all costs, never take a risk on a forward pass, long ball etc. Unforunately I think BR has to take the rap on this one. Once they are pressed, the less technically good players tend to end up hoofing it anyway, with the result that they difficult ball is played about 10-15 seconds later when the opposition have got themselves in position and the passer has less time to execute.

tika taka is all very well when you have a Messi/Pedro/Sanchec/Neymar on the end of it

Good players don't turn into bad players overnight, Liverpool have got the talent to bounce back, the problem is Gerrard is doing his bit but they lack the confidence to push on, I think this United game comes at the perfect time, if they can go in there and win I really believe they will put together a good string of results and get back into top four contention.

As for Suarez? Why the hell not!

Who have you in mind there?

supersub

Quote from: mikehunt on December 13, 2014, 09:18:36 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 13, 2014, 08:51:54 PM
Never read it in my life and don't intend to.

But your source is 100% reliable?

Impossible to know what goes on and what the real stories are. Never will know so no point pretending you do because you read it somewhere once.

On another note - Ibe, Origi and Torres in Jan would bolster the attacking options without spending a penny apart from their keep.

pullhard

laoislad