The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Balotelli looks like he's trying and (too) desperate to score, but he needs some serious coaching in how to play in that team. He has no concept of moving, creating space and going to where the ball will be.

heganboy

he is struggling, but I would say he is unlikely he didn't get the hat trick today. Both OGs were tap ins for him, and the shocker he missed would have been in if he'd already been on the score sheet...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

blewuporstuffed

Actually thought Sterling was excellent today and was the only one carrying the fight to QPR at all. Glen Johnson and Enrique both terrible (especially enrique) Ballotelli lucky to see the full 90 mins and Lallana poor as well. Need sturridge back ASAP
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Boycey

Quote from: heganboy on October 19, 2014, 04:32:15 PM
he is struggling, but I would say he is unlikely he didn't get the hat trick today. Both OGs were tap ins for him, and the shocker he missed would have been in if he'd already been on the score sheet...

In short, he would have got a hat-trick only he didn't  ;D

orangeman

Poor QPR - they just can't get a break. Liverpool got a serious rub of that famous green today.

T Fearon

Real Madrid 5/6 to win on Wednesday night.Get on that !

laoislad

How did Spurs get on this weekend
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Armamike

Liverpool are a shambles.  The defending is hapless, the tempo is far too slow, there's no intensity, and not enough threat up front. In short Rodgers has a few things to work on!  If Rodgers can't sort out the defensive side he should get in a defensive coach and quick.  Players themselves need to wise the feck up and stop acting like headless idiots everytime they go near the ball.
That's just, like your opinion man.

heganboy

Quote from: Boycey on October 19, 2014, 10:27:24 PM
Quote from: heganboy on October 19, 2014, 04:32:15 PM

In short, he would have got a hat-trick only he didn't  ;D

Exactly!
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

AZOffaly

What's the problem? That was exactly like last year :)

It's actually hard to believe that Liverpool are in, at worst, 6th place the way they are playing so far. That was hard to watch at times yesterday. I'm worried about the intensity. It just doesn't seem to be there. At times yesterday QPR were passing the ball around at their leisure. The pressing game wasn't there at all. Johnson and Enrique are liabilities I think. Manquillo and Moreno are better options there.

I'm heading over with the young lad for the hull game next Saturday. I just hope they aren't destroyed by Real Madrid in midweek. That looks like a really big ask at the moment.

Geoff Tipps

Bale out of the Champions league game.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 20, 2014, 11:12:28 AM
What's the problem? That was exactly like last year :)

It's actually hard to believe that Liverpool are in, at worst, 6th place the way they are playing so far. That was hard to watch at times yesterday. I'm worried about the intensity. It just doesn't seem to be there. At times yesterday QPR were passing the ball around at their leisure. The pressing game wasn't there at all. Johnson and Enrique are liabilities I think. Manquillo and Moreno are better options there.

I'm heading over with the young lad for the hull game next Saturday. I just hope they aren't destroyed by Real Madrid in midweek. That looks like a really big ask at the moment.

was moreno injured yesterday? He wasnt even on the bench i dont think
Manquillo is alreadya  better option that Johnson as well
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bingo

Gareth Bale out of the game on Wednesday...that really limits the attacking threat of Real  ???

Need a massive improvement all over the pitch. The full backs where poor yesterday, Johnson less so but everything slowed down and was predictable when they got the ball.

Thought sterling was lively, didn't always come off but as game when on he was more dangerous and popped up everything. A lot more to come from him but better than he has been.

Not sure what to say about Ballotelli. Can't see much future in him, he seems to be saying the right things off the field but must be so frustrating to play with. I do think he'd be better in a front two but is really worth changing style to suit him. Not that the set up seems to be working.

Not good but somehow are in 5th place, likely 6th tomorrow.

AZOffaly

Ballotelli is just not a team player. It's been said before, and it's true. He makes brutal decisions with the ball, usually to shoot from crazy positions. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's trying too hard to get a goal, but that's been his form all his career. He just doesn't set up goals. He either scores them or does nothing, and at the moment he's not scoring so.....

The open goal miss was bad, as was the 'flick' he tried in Injury time when it was 2-2 I think. But what sums him up for me is his demeanour for the first goal. Just watch the replay. Neville was giving out, rightly, about the way QPR switched off, but Ballotelli was even worse. He was sauntering over towards the back post, not even looking at the ball, actually he was flicking the ground with his boot. I swear to God, at that moment he looked like a 6 year old playing hurling, but actually having a chat with his marker, or looking at daisys or beatles in the grass.

He is a man child I think.

Armamike

1 goal in 27 premiership matches from him is an awful statistic.  It ain't working out with Mario.
That's just, like your opinion man.