Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Henderson instrumental in anything liverpool are doing well
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: heganboy on October 04, 2014, 03:50:35 PM

And has been all season.  A clean sheet is so important both result wise and mentally wise as they have only kept 1 so far this season. Will need a second goal early on to secure the win.  Hopefully win the game and the teams around us have a Euro hangover, Spurs, Arsenal, City, Man Uni...oh wait :P

GJL

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 04, 2014, 03:56:36 PM
Quote from: heganboy on October 04, 2014, 03:50:35 PM

And has been all season.  A clean sheet is so important both result wise and mentally wise as they have only kept 1 so far this season. Will need a second goal early on to secure the win.  Hopefully win the game and the teams around us have a Euro hangover, Spurs, Arsenal, City, Man Uni...oh wait :P

Yea a clean sheet would be good....oh wait :P

heganboy

Henderson.
a wee Balotelli goal would go down well
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

laoislad

Lovely finish from Hendo.
The foul for the WBA peno was so far outside of the box it was nearer to the Kop than it was to being inside the box.*

*may be a slight exaggeration.....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

laoislad

AZOffaly

Thanks be to jaysus. Bonfires on stanley park tonight. Who scored the first?

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 04, 2014, 04:55:24 PM

Lallana

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 04, 2014, 04:55:24 PM

Lallana with Henderson assisting as well. Result is all that counts and a much needed 3 points. Gerard had a crucial last 15 playing further foward.  You have to wonder is it worth trying that from the start at the minute. Sterling is very poor at the minute. Fair enough he set up Hendersons goal well but his touch has been so poor. Nervy win but a win all the same.

brokencrossbar1

Oh and the penalty was never a penalty. 'Twas a foul but a good 2 foot outside the box. How and ever maybe the luck is turning.

laoislad

It was an ok performance,nothing to write home about really.
Played well after the 2nd goal went in. WBA never really much of a threat all the same,and the penalty was obviously well outside the box,it was even obvious in real time and the ref had a decent view so I dunno how he got it wrong. 

The commentators on the stream I watched were praising the Ref for giving advantage on Liverpool's second goal. I'm not so sure he did,it was a penalty for the foul on Sterling I thought but from the Ref's reaction he wasn't giving it even if Liverpool hadn't scored. He wasn't playing advantage he just wasn't giving the peno.

I hope the ignorant oaf on the previous page lost a good few quid on the draw being a banker in today's game..... ;D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 04, 2014, 12:32:54 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 04, 2014, 12:00:50 PM
Liverpool knew they needed to sign defenders in the summer , three more centre halves but still looked for attacking players
I like Rogers but he seems clueless about organizing a defense

He's gonna ruin sterling too from over use as the lad isn't ready or fully capable yet

3 more centre halves? Seriously?  I was banging on about defenders all summer when they were signing lads like markovic, lallana and lambert. But in fairness he signed Lovren, manquillo and Moreno. All 3 are upgrades on their counterparts last season. They just need to start playing like the defenders they are. To be honest, I think a lot of the problems come from Gerrard these days in that position. He can't protect them anymore.
Most def 3 more
Louvren is ok but not brilliant - but agree he is an upgrade on last year
Need another 3 as inj and suspensions happen over a long  season - but I'm sure you must realise that ?????!!

AZOffaly

I cannot think of any club that has 4 top class centre halves.

rrhf

Gerard is a cart horse.  Over rated and done. You Liverpool guys still see the legend in him so to criticise probably hurts ye deep