The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikehunt

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 30, 2014, 12:19:29 PM
Not a hope. Sahko cannot pass a ball 10 yards without absolutely firing it at his target. He can't roll a ball. And his whole demeanour on the ball just inspires panic. Lovren will be fine I think. He has all the attributes.

Not sure about Lovren. He's been caught ball wathcing a few times already. Re Sakho's passing, those boys should be able to control a pass. Agree he doesn't roll it but more chance of it being intercepted if he did. He does get the sh!ts when he's closed down but that's prob because he's been told not to pass it back to Mignolet.

AZOffaly

I'm obviously exaggerating for effect, but he looks so antsy on the ball it frightens me, never mind the poor unfortunate he's about to zing the ball to :)

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 30, 2014, 12:31:00 PM
I'm obviously exaggerating for effect, but he looks so antsy on the ball it frightens me, never mind the poor unfortunate he's about to zing the ball to :)

its the weight of the jersey.

AZOffaly

It could be. He's always stooped over like the little crooked man who walked a crooked mile.

Mikhailov

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 30, 2014, 12:19:29 PM
Not a hope. Sahko cannot pass a ball 10 yards without absolutely firing it at his target. He can't roll a ball. And his whole demeanour on the ball just inspires panic. Lovren will be fine I think. He has all the attributes.

Sahko is poor at the passing for sure and is not helped by the fact the opposition know this and immediately press when  he receives sending mild panic among the ranks and especially Sahko himself. I am not convinced by him yet but he must have something about him - starts for France, played for PSG from 17 so there is quality but BR struggling to get it out of him. I actually think Sahko prefers the aerial battle rather than ball on the floor but he needs to improve dramatically. I actually seen him as a similar player to Vidic and expected him to be like for like but it has not materialised whereby he would be the aggressor at the back and attack everything with a footballer along side him.

we are admittedly struggling at the moment and several players are below par for a variety of reasons; Coutinho, Gerrard, Lucas, Lambert, Lovren, Sahko, Markovic, Mignolet....to name a few but it must be sorted quickly. We will see how good BR is between now and Xmas...

Walter Cronc

What did the Pool men think of Gary Nevilles analysis on Mignolet last night on Monday Night Football.

I think he's been extremely average since joining LFC.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Walter Cronc on September 30, 2014, 01:40:01 PM
What did the Pool men think of Gary Nevilles analysis on Mignolet last night on Monday Night Football.

didnt see what Neville had to say but agree with that bit, infact he has been below average alot of the time
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 30, 2014, 01:43:34 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on September 30, 2014, 01:40:01 PM

didnt see what Neville had to say but agree with that bit, infact he has been below average alot of the time

Didn't see Neville either, but yes, I'd say average or slightly above average. I mean that in the sense that average means just that, middle of the road, as opposed to the Australian Average, which is actually poor. I think he's grandish. Not really a major liability, and a decent shot stopper most of the time, but jittery under crosses, and way too easy to bully at set pieces. I wouldn't swap him for many in the premier league, but I'd put 5 or 6 ahead of him at the same time.

Abble

he made some good points on mignolet, but he didnt say anything about what  i was thinking at the time...my first instinct, and this is only from my time as a goalkeeper between P6/P7  :), but what was he doing taking his right arm across his body to try and make the save, if he'd have lifted his left hand instinctively and it being on same side as the direction the ball was going that should have been saved....unless (and this is from my time since late teens when i dislocated my shoulder) he has an injured left shoulder, somethings not right with his form this season

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Abble on September 30, 2014, 03:35:55 PM
he made some good points on mignolet, but he didnt say anything about what  i was thinking at the time...my first instinct, and this is only from my time as a goalkeeper between P6/P7  :), but what was he doing taking his right arm across his body to try and make the save, if he'd have lifted his left hand instinctively and it being on same side as the direction the ball was going that should have been saved....unless (and this is from my time since late teens when i dislocated my shoulder) he has an injured left shoulder, somethings not right with his form this season

Thought the exact same at the time.

Denn Forever

He should do better if the ball's trajectory was straight but it was curving away from him.  "I'm not a goalkeeper but....".  I think you've answered the question there Jamie.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

laoislad

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 30, 2014, 03:52:28 PM
He should do better if the ball's trajectory was straight but it was curving away from him.  "I'm not a goalkeeper but....".  I think you've answered the question there Jamie.
Gary rat face Neville wasn't much of a goal keeper either.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

johnneycool

Sure Timmy Howard gifted ye one at the other end, so all's well that ends well.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: johnneycool on September 30, 2014, 03:55:57 PM

Sure Timmy Howard gifted ye one at the other end, so all's well that ends well.
Gareth Barry was probably the best goalkeeper on show on Saturday