The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikehunt

Quote from: tyroneman on September 18, 2014, 04:15:55 PM
Quote from: cadhlancian on September 18, 2014, 03:54:30 PM
And not one of those players would have laced Suarezs boots. Fact.

I agree... Suarez would have been lacing most of theirs - he was nowhere near Kenny or Keegan for starters and in fact I'm sure I remember that they actually managed to turn up and score against the top 3 teams....

He's a huge loss but would agree that Suarez didn't do it against the big teams and when the title was there for the winning it was Sterling that nearly dragged them over the line. For whatever reason (I think he was knackered), Suraez's form dipped in the last couple of months of last season.

gawa316

Quote from: cadhlancian on September 18, 2014, 03:54:30 PM
And not one of those players would have laced Suarezs boots. Fact.

fact
fakt/
noun
noun: fact; plural noun: facts

a thing that is indisputably the case.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 18, 2014, 02:34:04 PM
That wasn't the question. The question was about Liverpool being able to recover after losing great players.

They have never recovered from losing these players
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

cadhlancian

On a pure football talent level, only Dalglish comes close. Everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess, this is mine. Most of the players he mentioned joined magnificent liverpool teams. Dalglish and. Hansen joined a team that had won the league and UEFA cup double , Souness the European champions and Rush also. Suarez joined when. LFC were at an extremely low point. Andy Carroll , Charlie Adam, and were going nowhere fast. He was the one world class player we had, and his absence is immense.

AZOffaly

Did ye see the team for the west ham game? Wtf?

Lucas Gerrard and Henderson. Borini. No Coutinho, lallana or markovic.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

What's the shape there? 4-4-2 orthodox with Gerrard and Lucas in the middle? Diamond with Lucas at the back and sterling at the front? Surely not Lucas in the middle 2 of a diamond?

Why did we buy lambert again?

gawa316

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 20, 2014, 04:40:43 PM
What's the shape there? 4-4-2 orthodox with Gerrard and Lucas in the middle? Diamond with Lucas at the back and sterling at the front? Surely not Lucas in the middle 2 of a diamond?

Why did we buy lambert again?

Plan B.

Feel sorry for Sakho. Think Borini deserves his place up there as should help out Balo. Coutinho has been awful so far this season and Lallana just back from injury so 3 starts in a week a bit too much to ask. Markovic unlucky but i think we need the 2 up top so unfortunately he misses out.

AZOffaly

Did borini score for Sunderland against west ham last season I wonder?

gawa316

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 20, 2014, 04:51:08 PM

Nope. Why?

J OGorman

Sitting down to watch the match though not overlay confident. Hopefully they get stuck into buck score a bagful

AZOffaly

Quote from: gawa316 on September 20, 2014, 04:56:00 PM

Nope. Why?

I just wondered had he form against them or something. You know the way some lads always do well against a certain team for some reason?

gawa316

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 20, 2014, 05:13:47 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on September 20, 2014, 04:56:00 PM

Nope. Why?

I just wondered had he form against them or something. You know the way some lads always do well against a certain team for some reason?

Oh right get ye. I reckon he's in there to help Balo out, as he has looked either isolated or is dropping too deep to get the ball

Captain Obvious

Nightmare start for Liverpool sleeping at the back.