The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Surely Schevchenko, along with Berbatov, Santa Cruz and Torres kind of prove that it really doesn't take long for a sulky striker to go from highly sought after to last year's man?

I'm 100% certain Balotelli will go the same way. He's a decent player with a great PR machine. Not worth the effort.

vertigonights

Do you reckon BR ever reads this thread?  :)

TabClear

Maybe, but there are no guarantees with any striker. From.a purely financial point of view Even if Mario turns out to be a disaster chances are someone will still want  him for £10m plus.. He is.still likely.to be one of Italy's top strikers and is only 24.

Would still prefer Falcao or to have got Sanchez

Armamike

Quote from: thewobbler on August 21, 2014, 08:38:30 PM
Surely Schevchenko, along with Berbatov, Santa Cruz and Torres kind of prove that it really doesn't take long for a sulky striker to go from highly sought after to last year's man?

I'm 100% certain Balotelli will go the same way. He's a decent player with a great PR machine. Not worth the effort.

100% certain? The only 2 certainties in life are....... Maybe you're right, but you could also be wrong. It's a calculated risk by Liverpool given the money involved and the lack of options out there, but by no means a certainty that it will backfire. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

laoislad

Quote from: Armamike on August 21, 2014, 09:12:55 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 21, 2014, 08:38:30 PM

100% certain? The only 2 certainties in life are....... Maybe you're right, but you could also be wrong. It's a calculated risk by Liverpool given the money involved and the lack of options out there, but by no means a certainty that it will backfire.
He hasn't the greatest record with predictions so I wouldn't worry
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

Quote from: Armamike on August 21, 2014, 09:12:55 PM

This is an important point. Balotelli is hardly the first choice. I doubt if he is even the third or fourth choice. But at the price, he's worth a punt.

Carmen Stateside

Looking forward to see Mad Mario in the liverpool shirt.  Rodgers is the man to get the best out of him.  His talent is not even an issue.  Get him in before monday, Kompany and the boys won't fancy it much. 

AZOffaly

One thing that worries me about all this is how will he react if he's not the main man up front? He's 24, an Italian international and has played for some of the biggest teams in the world. Will he be happy being an 'option'? Will he be happy on the bench? Will Sturridge? Or will BR try and play with two up top again? A 4-1-3-2 effort again?

Carmen Stateside

I think Rodgers prefers to play with the two strikers.  The list of the players he had been chasing recently seems to hint at this.  If the stories are true of making offers for Cavani and Falcao then i would doubt either of them two would be coming to play second fiddle.

supersub

Horses for courses. He didn't start every game at city, or inter or AC. He doesn't have to start every game for Liverpool either. No problem with having a bench of Johnson, Sahko, Markovic, Can, Balotelli and Lambert. Reads a lot better than Moses Aspas Lucas Cissoko Allen Kelly etc!

Carmen Stateside

Looks promising.
Plenty of money left so i wonder will this be the last purchase,  surely we will see a few heading out the door soon?

Collie Brolly

Quote from: laoislad on August 21, 2014, 05:41:01 PM
Man City or Chelsea didn't want Sturridge....Worked out pretty well for Liverpool.

Why, what have they won with him?

mikehunt

Quote from: Collie Brolly on August 22, 2014, 07:48:40 AM
Quote from: laoislad on August 21, 2014, 05:41:01 PM
Man City or Chelsea didn't want Sturridge....Worked out pretty well for Liverpool.

Why, what have they won with him?

Cheaper than Shane Long, Soldado, Torres, cost the same as Giroud, etc etc. Mind you, he was 2m more expensive than Bebe.

AZOffaly