The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 18, 2014, 02:07:50 PM
I think you Liverpool men are over-hyping this Can fella!

He's maybe not that good, yet!

It's all relative. He's not Lucas circa 2013/2014!

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Walter Cronc

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 18, 2014, 02:10:25 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 18, 2014, 02:07:50 PM
I think you Liverpool men are over-hyping this Can fella!

He's maybe not that good, yet!

It's all relative. He's not Lucas circa 2013/2014!

Is Lucas that bad? No worse than Arteta, mind you thats not saying much!

AZOffaly

Lucas these days is chronic. Can't pass, can't tackle without fouling and seems disheartened. Lucas a few years ago was excellent.

mikehunt

Lucas was always kak. He just looked good for a while when he was playing with the likes of Spearing, Poulson and Charlie Adam. Kuyt was another that went from being one of the worst to being one of the best. Being dropped from that Brazilian squad tells you all you need to know.

Joe Blob

I think some fans are jumping the gun with Can's ability though he did show some promise in pre-season.  Can aside, I was still shocked to see Lucas start ahead of Joe Allen who is a lot more mobile and retains possession very well.

AZOffaly

Coutinho wasn't in that squad either, so I'm not sure Brazil is the best barometer. In fairness I look for a lad like Lucas to win his tackles, pass the ball, and be available to take a pass to keep the ball moving. I also expect him to track runners breaking from midfield.

He did all of that very well for about 2 seasons. At the moment he can do none of it.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Joe Blob on August 18, 2014, 02:48:53 PM
I think some fans are jumping the gun with Can's ability though he did show some promise in pre-season.  Can aside, I was still shocked to see Lucas start ahead of Joe Allen who is a lot more mobile and retains possession very well.

Not sure on Allen. I think he's a bit of a sideways merchant. Also he's a bit lightweight for me. I think he's passed Lucas out in the pecking order, but I'd be worried if he was a regular on the teamsheet.

supersub

Quote from: mikehunt on August 18, 2014, 02:46:33 PM
Lucas was always kak. He just looked good for a while when he was playing with the likes of Spearing, Poulson and Charlie Adam. Kuyt was another that went from being one of the worst to being one of the best. Being dropped from that Brazilian squad tells you all you need to know.

Incorrect - he was very very effective in the team for a year and a half or so. Broke up attacks, always available for the pass, protected the back four very well. Now he just get bypassed and is shocking in the tackle and trying to move the ball on.

Joe Allen while not awful, is no world beater to be frank. Can pass a ball but rarely produces anything productive and isn't great defensively. He is one who thrives on confidence and is why he did well end of last season. Start to middle of last season he was awful - Liverpool beat Norwich 5-1 at Anfield in December and he was one of the worst on the pitch.

Armamike

Quote from: Joe Blob on August 18, 2014, 11:49:40 AM
Bit of a shaky start for Liverpool but 3 points in the bag which is the main thing. Lallana and Markovic to come in will improve creativity going forward. Also means when Coutinho is having an off day there are options to replace him.

If I never seen Lucas and Johnson in a Liverpool starting 11 again it will be too soon.

Agree with that. Lucas killed the pace of the game for Liverpool, far far too pedestrian. At least when Allen came on he moved the ball forward!
That's just, like your opinion man.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

J70

At least Allen brought a bit of urgency and aggression to the play. It was a run of his up the left side that finally got the crowd going with about 15 left, and along with the introduction of Lambert, got Liverpool back into the game and back into a position when they regained some semblance of control.

trileacman

Allen did well yesterday when he came on, moved well and kept the tempo up. Lucas was shocking, worse than poor. I don't know if Allen has ever played as shite as Lucas did yesterday.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

mikehunt

Quote from: supersub on August 18, 2014, 02:52:07 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on August 18, 2014, 02:46:33 PM

Incorrect - he was very very effective in the team for a year and a half or so. Broke up attacks, always available for the pass, protected the back four very well. Now he just get bypassed and is shocking in the tackle and trying to move the ball

This good season was when Liverpool were finishing 7th or worse? Was never good enough for a team with top four aspirations. An extremely limited player whose stock rose because of the dross around him in the Hodgson\Kenny era.

Armamike

If that was an attempt by Rodgers to put Lucas in the shop window it seriously backfired. Someone needs to have a word with Lucas now about moving on or getting into coaching kids or whatever, a change of career path.  Based on that and last season he's not at the level needed anymore.

Thought the presence of Lambert along with Sturridge up front gave Southhampton more to worry about at the back. It was way too comfortable up till then  for them.  Also thought the subtitutions could have been made a lot sooner, i.e at half time, given the way the game was panning out.
That's just, like your opinion man.