The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Boycey on July 28, 2014, 05:59:29 PM
Not sure where to post this but Liverpool thread seems most appropriate !

Strong word on twitter now of Schneiderlin and Rodriguez leaving Southampton for Spurs.. What on earth is going on there?

Here would have been more appropriate!!

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=5300.msg1356928#msg1356928

Boycey

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 28, 2014, 06:07:37 PM
Quote from: Boycey on July 28, 2014, 05:59:29 PM
Not sure where to post this but Liverpool thread seems most appropriate !

Strong word on twitter now of Schneiderlin and Rodriguez leaving Southampton for Spurs.. What on earth is going on there?

Here would have been more appropriate!!

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=5300.msg1356928#msg1356928

No so sure... I was asking a question about Southampton not Spurs? Anyway looks like a ridiculous situation to me.

Minder

I would take the 11/2 on them now to get relegated
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rossie11

Spurs have got the best deal in getting their manager. When he took over they were in the bottom 5. When he left they were top 8. Players are seriously overrated and overpriced. There is every chance Liverpool will start a champs league game this season with 3 Southampton players who were in the relegation zone only 18months previous.. Can't wait  :-\

supersub

::) yes that's how it works of course.

Need a goal scorer in big time to take the pressure off DStudge. Also still need another full back. Hopefully lallana is back sooner than thought.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: supersub on July 29, 2014, 12:49:20 PM
::) yes that's how it works of course.

Need a goal scorer in big time to take the pressure off DStudge. Also still need another full back. Hopefully lallana is back sooner than thought.
Thats the problem,should Sturridge get injured (like he is prone to do) or have a lesser season than last year (quite possible), the other options arent enough to take up the slack i dont think.
Not getting Remy is a dissapointment, and although it will probably never happen, i would love to see Rodgers testing the water with a big bid for Reus
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Rossie11

Massive year for Sturridge. Can he produce the goods on a regular basis when defenders don't have Suarez on the pitch to worry about? We will see but I have my doubts
Sanchez would have been the perfect buy when Suarez left.
If Sturridge hits 14-15 league goals this season Pool should be happy with that.

EC Unique

Quote from: Rossie11 on July 29, 2014, 01:23:44 PM
Massive year for Sturridge. Can he produce the goods on a regular basis when defenders don't have Suarez on the pitch to worry about? We will see but I have my doubts
If Sturridge hits 14-15 league goals this season Pool should be happy with that.

Did Saurez assist many of Sturridge's goals last season?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: EC Unique on July 29, 2014, 02:11:13 PM

LFCTV where showing all of sturridges goals last season there at the weekend and there isn't  as many as you would think assisted by Suarez.
A lot of assists spread between Coutinho, gerrard & Henderson
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

magpie seanie

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 29, 2014, 02:24:13 PM

LFCTV where showing all of sturridges goals last season there at the weekend and there isn't  as many as you would think assisted by Suarez.

...who had more freedom because of the attention given to Sewerez.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 29, 2014, 02:39:46 PM

...who had more freedom because of the attention given to Sewerez.

Im not doubting Suarez's loss will affect the whole team, im just pointing out that the vast majority of the assists for Sturridges goals didnt come from Suarez , which i was surprised at when i watched them again.
Suarez would actually have provided a good few assists for the likes of Sterling

gawa316

Quote from: Rossie11 on July 28, 2014, 08:35:22 PM
Spurs have got the best deal in getting their manager. When he took over they were in the bottom 5. When he left they were top 8. Players are seriously overrated and overpriced. There is every chance Liverpool will start a champs league game this season with 3 Southampton players who were in the relegation zone only 18months previous.. Can't wait  :-\

Lovern had been only there a year so he wasn't in that team. If I remember righlty Liverpool didn't start that season too hot either, didn't mean other teams wouldn't want Gerrard, Suarez etc. Lallana & Lambert are obviously not to their standard but you can't judge them being in the relegation zone after half a dozen games and suddenly deem them not good enough.

Hound

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 29, 2014, 02:50:01 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on July 29, 2014, 02:39:46 PM

Im not doubting Suarez's loss will affect the whole team, im just pointing out that the vast majority of the assists for Sturridges goals didnt come from Suarez , which i was surprised at when i watched them again.
Suarez would actually have provided a good few assists for the likes of Sterling
While a number of our players were made look better than they are because they played alongside Suarez, two who I think play better when he's not there are Coutinho (in particular) and Sturridge. Mainly because it means they see more of the ball.

Whether Sturridge can repeat his form of last season is certainly open to question. I'd have faith that he can, but worry about injuries. I expect Coutinho to have a big season.

I remember Voronin, Aqualini and even Apsas looking very good in pre-season friendlies, so its definitely an exercise in futility judging a player based solely on that. Nonetheless I'm predicting with utter confidence that Emre Can is going to be a star for us!!

Markovic is the real go of Patrik Berger.

Rossie11

Quote from: gawa316 on July 29, 2014, 02:52:08 PM
Quote from: Rossie11 on July 28, 2014, 08:35:22 PM

Lovern had been only there a year so he wasn't in that team. If I remember righlty Liverpool didn't start that season too hot either, didn't mean other teams wouldn't want Gerrard, Suarez etc. Lallana & Lambert are obviously not to their standard but you can't judge them being in the relegation zone after half a dozen games and suddenly deem them not good enough.

Would you judge them better after 19 games.. half the season?? Well that's where they were.. The relegation zone. Lambert Lallana and Rodriquez (who we were linked with yesterday)

Pochettino bought Lovren for 8.5m in June. Is he now worth 20m based on what he done last season? How much was that goal at Anfield worth??

Its depressing as a Liverpool fan that whilst the other contenders are buying (or been linked with) the likes of Barcelona, Atletico or Juventus players Pool are raiding a over valued squad after a one season bounce.

AZOffaly

That's my worry too Rossie. I'm not quite sure where the fixation on Southampton has come from. I'm very worried about this upcoming season. We might be in for a major let down. I appreciate the fact that overall the squad is stronger, and maybe that will be enough. Getting rid of Aspas and Alberto, while bringing in some of the players we have is definitely progress, I get worried when I look at the prospective first XIs this season and last. This one does not look better.

13/14 
Mignolet

Johnson
Skrtel
Sahko
Flanagan

Gerrard

Henderson
Couthinho
Sterling

Suarez
Sturridge

14/15

Mignolet
Johnson
Lovren
Sahko
Flanagan/Enrique

Gerrard
Can

Henderson
Coutinho
Sterling

Sturridge

Is that our first choice XI at the moment we reckon? Or does Markovic come in instead of Can, with Henderson going back beside Gerrard? Either way it looks nice and solid, but a bit ho-hum.