The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: supersub on July 21, 2014, 10:00:43 AM
Quote from: laoislad on July 20, 2014, 10:40:57 PM
@TonyBarretTimes: Loic Remy is due to fly to Boston tomorrow to undergo a medical ahead of an £8m move to Liverpool.

Steal! 10-15 goals in him easily, Lambert should notch 10 or so too. Like to think Lallana would contribute 5-10. Theres 25-30 goals in theory. Hopefully Sturridge keeps up his excellent form and as the main man you would hope so. Add in Gerrard's set pieces and hope that Sterling, Hendo, Coutinho and Reus can chip in with a few more too. Now....how do we keep them out the other end?!!
He scored 14 for Newcastle in only 26 games. You'd imagine with the amount of chances Liverpool are capable of creating if he gets a good run in the team he should get 20+ goals. I think he's a steal at £8 mill.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: laoislad on July 21, 2014, 03:48:03 PM
Quote from: supersub on July 21, 2014, 10:00:43 AM
Quote from: laoislad on July 20, 2014, 10:40:57 PM
@TonyBarretTimes: Loic Remy is due to fly to Boston tomorrow to undergo a medical ahead of an £8m move to Liverpool.

Steal! 10-15 goals in him easily, Lambert should notch 10 or so too. Like to think Lallana would contribute 5-10. Theres 25-30 goals in theory. Hopefully Sturridge keeps up his excellent form and as the main man you would hope so. Add in Gerrard's set pieces and hope that Sterling, Hendo, Coutinho and Reus can chip in with a few more too. Now....how do we keep them out the other end?!!
He scored 14 for Newcastle in only 26 games. You'd imagine with the amount of chances Liverpool are capable of creating if he gets a good run in the team he should get 20+ goals. I think he's a steal at £8 mill.
With any new signing, you just never know, but i agree at that kind of money, with both PL & CL experience, he is great value and certainly worth taking a punt on

Its hard to see them playing him and sturridge together, but you never know and with the extra games next season having two strikers of that type will be essential
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

smort

Remy a good buy for 8.5million. Even if it didn't work out they wouldn't have much to worry about as there are other strikers there and the money isn't going to worry them either when the saurez deal goes through. In fact, selling borini covers the move completely. unbelievable

trueblue1234

Quote from: EC Unique on July 21, 2014, 03:38:42 PM
Quote from: supersub on July 21, 2014, 03:05:46 PM
Gerrard retired from International football!

Hardly suprising. He was brutal in the WC.

Should we expect Rooneys any minute now as well?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

J OGorman

Quote from: EC Unique on July 21, 2014, 03:38:42 PM
Quote from: supersub on July 21, 2014, 03:05:46 PM
Gerrard retired from International football!

Hardly suprising. He was brutal in the WC.

that's known as a win win (or doing a John Barnes)

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

deiseach

If Liverpool get £14 million for Borini they're going to get relegated because that would be every scrap of luck used up in one go.

ludermor

Quote from: deiseach on July 21, 2014, 05:10:41 PM
If Liverpool get £14 million for Borini they're going to get relegated because that would be every scrap of luck used up in one go.
Swapping Borini for Remy plus £7m is serious business!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ludermor on July 21, 2014, 05:16:26 PM
Quote from: deiseach on July 21, 2014, 05:10:41 PM
Swapping Borini for Remy plus £7m is serious business!

Remy has a buy out clause so will be cheap for whoever buys him,  the Borini deal is supposed to be £11m up front and £3m in add ons,  still a good deal though and Remy is a big improvement.

laoislad

However much is spent and whoever is eventually bought let's not forget that this photo was only 4 short years ago.....
How times have changed.

I couldn't bring myself to have a look for the Poulsen shirt holding photo....
*Shudder*

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on July 21, 2014, 11:23:01 PM
However much is spent and whoever is eventually bought let's not forget that this photo was only 4 short years ago.....
How times have changed.

I couldn't bring myself to have a look for the Poulsen shirt holding photo....
*Shudder*

I remember trying to convince myself he could do Mascherano's job!

No mention of the Konch here LL?!!!

laoislad

Some things should never be spoken of gawa...Paul Konchesky is one of them...

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on July 21, 2014, 11:37:59 PM
Some things should never be spoken of gawa...Paul Konchesky is one of them...

Agreed!

brokencrossbar1