The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: deiseach on July 11, 2014, 02:38:02 PM
Quote from: Boycey on July 11, 2014, 02:15:42 PM
Liverpool weren't under any real pressure til the last few weeks of the season because nobody, Liverpool fans included thought they would/could win the league? But when they found themselves in the position they did with three games to go they really should have won the league so did they crack under pressure? Undoubtedly...

Losing one game cost them the title. By that logic, Atletico cracked under the pressure of winning the Champions League.

If you think that losing at home to half a Chelsea team when a draw would probably have been enough and following it up by losing a three goal lead at Selhurst Park when a win would have moved at least some of the pressure back on City isn't cracking under pressure then I don't know what is...

Is happened loads of times before and ain't nothing to be ashamed of, if anything it could make Liverpool stronger

deiseach

Quote from: Boycey on July 11, 2014, 03:20:45 PM
If you think that losing at home to half a Chelsea team when a draw would probably have been enough and following it up by losing a three goal lead at Selhurst Park when a win would have moved at least some of the pressure back on City isn't cracking under pressure then I don't know what is...

Is happened loads of times before and ain't nothing to be ashamed of, if anything it could make Liverpool stronger

Ah, 20:20 hindsight. If someone said before the game that Liverpool should take the draw, I'll listen to their point of view on this matter.

EC Unique

Boycey

Quote from: deiseach on July 11, 2014, 03:28:02 PM
Quote from: Boycey on July 11, 2014, 03:20:45 PM

Ah, 20:20 hindsight. If someone said before the game that Liverpool should take the draw, I'll listen to their point of view on this matter.

Sod all to do with hindsight. Liverpool went into the game knowing even a draw would keep the trophy in their own destiny anything else would leave in in Citys.

Liverpool had a fantastic season, way about and beyond your expectations I'm sure but I'm afraid if you think they didn't throw the league away you're arguing a black crow white....

deiseach

Quote from: Boycey on July 11, 2014, 03:42:48 PM
Sod all to do with hindsight. Liverpool went into the game knowing even a draw would keep the trophy in their own destiny anything else would leave in in Citys.

Liverpool had a fantastic season, way about and beyond your expectations I'm sure but I'm afraid if you think they didn't throw the league away you're arguing a black crow white....

I'm saying that no one said before the Chelsea game that Liverpool should play for the draw. Everyone agreed that it was essential to go for the win because the Palace game was such a banana skin (which it proved to be), so they did. Then when they lost, it was suddenly obvious they should have played for the draw. If you can refer me to where you thought Liverpool should have played for the draw before the game, that'd be great. But for now, I thank you for the homespun wisdom.

Walter Cronc

laoislad

So I take it this Markovic medical didn't go ahead today as reported? Any more news about it?

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Quote from: deiseach on July 11, 2014, 03:57:08 PM
Quote from: Boycey on July 11, 2014, 03:42:48 PM

I'm saying that no one said before the Chelsea game that Liverpool should play for the draw. Everyone agreed that it was essential to go for the win because the Palace game was such a banana skin (which it proved to be), so they did. Then when they lost, it was suddenly obvious they should have played for the draw. If you can refer me to where you thought Liverpool should have played for the draw before the game, that'd be great. But for now, I thank you for the homespun wisdom.

I never claimed Liverpool should have played for a draw was just stating a "facht" that anyone looking at the table could have seen.. and as for the Palce game being a banana skin, did you still think the same when it was 3-0 with 12 minutes to go??

deiseach

Quote from: Boycey on July 11, 2014, 04:24:15 PM
I never claimed Liverpool should have played for a draw was just stating a "facht" that anyone looking at the table could have seen.. and as for the Palce game being a banana skin, did you still think the same when it was 3-0 with 12 minutes to go??

Well, you said above that "a draw would probably have been enough". Please don't say it's a fact (don't know what your use of quotes above is about) as if it were a value-neutral judgement. Liverpool had to decide before the game whether to try and take that point or go for all three. They went for all three and unfortunately it didn't work out but, as Geoff Tipps notes above, they lost to one of their big rivals. It happens, and that's what did for them in the end. As for being 3-0 up against Palace, Liverpool fans know better than anyone the value of a 3-0 lead!

Boycey

Quote from: deiseach on July 11, 2014, 04:46:10 PM
Quote from: Boycey on July 11, 2014, 04:24:15 PM

Well, you said above that "a draw would probably have been enough". Please don't say it's a fact (don't know what your use of quotes above is about) as if it were a value-neutral judgement. Liverpool had to decide before the game whether to try and take that point or go for all three. They went for all three and unfortunately it didn't work out but, as Geoff Tipps notes above, they lost to one of their big rivals. It happens, and that's what did for them in the end. As for being 3-0 up against Palace, Liverpool fans know better than anyone the value of a 3-0 lead!

If you say with your hand on your heart that you don't think Liverpool blew the league from the position they were in with 3 games to go we'll agree to disagree and move on...

EC Unique

Great show about Hansen on BBC1 now.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: EC Unique on July 11, 2014, 10:53:46 PM
His wife is something else for a woman in her mid-50s. The rest of it is decent too!  ;D

Walter Cronc

Very good show. Never realised Jamie Redknapp was at Liverpool back then. Turns out he was Dalglish's last signing before he walked in 91!!

EC Unique

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 11, 2014, 11:32:17 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on July 11, 2014, 10:53:46 PM
His wife is something else for a woman in her mid-50s. The rest of it is decent too!  ;D

Would :P

supersub

Talk of Lukaku too, would rather him than Bony.

Too many one season wonder signings me thinks.