The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

interesting reports of Benzema being a 40M target. great, but I'd have to say unlikely...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Hereiam

Liverpool Football Club today issued the following statement in relation to the future of Luis Suarez.

Liverpool FC confirms that Luis Suarez will be leaving the club after a transfer agreement was reached with FC Barcelona. The player now has permission to complete the usual formalities, which will then conclude the transfer.

We would like to thank Luis for his contribution and the role he played in helping bring Champions League football back to Anfield.

Everyone at Liverpool Football Club wishes Luis and his family well for the future.

Such a pity. Really enjoyed watching him play

laoislad

Best of luck to him. Probably for the best.
Time to spend now Brendan!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

supersub

Luis Suarez today issued the following statement to the club's official website, Liverpoolfc.com.

"It is with a heavy heart that I leave Liverpool for a new life and new challenges in Spain. Both me and my family have fallen in love with this club and with the city.

"But most of all I have fallen in love with the incredible fans. You have always supported me and we, as a family, will never forget it, we will always be Liverpool supporters.

"I hope you can all understand why I have made this decision. This club did all they could to get me to stay, but playing and living in Spain, where my wife's family live, is a lifelong dream and ambition. I believe now the timing is right.

"I wish Brendan Rodgers and the team well for the future. The club is in great hands and I'm sure will be successful again next season.

"I am very proud I have played my part in helping to return Liverpool to the elite of the Premier League and in particular back into the Champions League.

"Thank you again for some great moments and memories. You'll Never Walk Alone."

deiseach

I guess we're about to find out just how good Brendan Rodgers really is.

J OGorman

His talent and drive will be missed. Top top player and great value to boot.
He should have had the decency to stay for another year with the support he was shown by the club. But that's modern football for ye. Mercenaries out for themselves and themselves alone (and the vulture agents of course)
Plenty of defenders happy to see the back of him. Liverpool and Barca in the same group would be good craic. A shambolicly defended goal fest

Rossie11

Quote from: supersub on July 11, 2014, 12:39:23 PM
Luis Suarez today issued the following statement to the club's official website, Liverpoolfc.com.

"It is with a heavy heart that I leave Liverpool for a new life and new challenges in Spain. Both me and my family have fallen in love with this club and with the city.

"But most of all I have fallen in love with the incredible fans. You have always supported me and we, as a family, will never forget it, we will always be Liverpool supporters.

"I hope you can all understand why I have made this decision. This club did all they could to get me to stay, but playing and living in Spain, where my wife's family live, is a lifelong dream and ambition. I believe now the timing is right.

"I wish Brendan Rodgers and the team well for the future. The club is in great hands and I'm sure will be successful again next season.

"I am very proud I have played my part in helping to return Liverpool to the elite of the Premier League and in particular back into the Champions League.

"Thank you again for some great moments and memories. You'll Never Walk Alone."

When their targets this summer are Southampton and Swansea players.. how long will they stay there?

Bingo

Sorry to see him leave, an absolutely brilliant player and had a will to win that is rarely seen. I don't think he can be replaced but you hope his absence isn't going to hold the progress back.

Nature of the game to see players leave and everyone moves on, trophies to be won and new stars to step up.

Over to Brendan to spend in the right places and at right level and to be honest the names linked don't inspire.

Roll on a date with Barca and we get the chance to kick the tr**p round anfield.  ;)  :D

Its been a blast

Captain Obvious

"It is with a heavy heart that I leave Liverpool for a new life and new challenges in Spain." he doesn't look too heavy hearted in that above picture. Pardon the pun but Liverpool will lack that extra little bite in attack next season. How he fits in with Messi,Neymar should be worth watching and who Liverpool replace him with could make or break their season.

Walter Cronc

How good is this Markovic? I know Bony scores goals but does he fit into the Rogers philosophy?

J OGorman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 11, 2014, 12:52:00 PM
"It is with a heavy heart that I leave Liverpool for a new life and new challenges in Spain." he doesn't look too heavy hearted in that above picture. Pardon the pun but Liverpool will lack that extra little bite in attack next season. How he fits in with Messi,Neymar should be worth watching and who Liverpool replace him with could make or break their season.

He should have posed with his sad face

AZOffaly

Glad it's done early at least. We have to be honest and say he was never going to stay at Liverpool long term, so as Shakespeare said "If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well
it were done quickly"

You can't replace one man, like for like, even with 75 million, so all we can hope for is that enough very good players come in, and that Rodgers' system continues to work well, and the team as a whole continue to evolve.

I do have to say I'm relieved that the whole Suarez sideshow is over though, and relieved it's not on the agenda for January.

Now, how much was Andy Carroll again?

Lecale2

I can't help thinking that last season was a missed opportunity to win the league.  :(