The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: EC Unique on July 04, 2014, 11:42:02 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 04, 2014, 11:29:52 PM
I'd have kept him. There's very few in the world with his footballing ability.

If Bale was worth £100m, L'pool should be getting £200m for Suarez. But I suppose it doesn't work like that.

Bale is a lot more marketable than Suarez and unfortunately that has an effect. Liverpool would need to be very careful in how they spend the money as we can see what spurs done. Selling clubs will now dig the arm in too.

Spurs only finished with 3 less points last season without Bale than they did with Bale. Despite having a clusterfuck situation at manager all season.

It was only really Liverpool's vast improvement that made them look bad. With Bale going crazy banging in last minute winners they finished 5th. Without him they finished 6th.

heganboy

apparently  no deal will be agreed until after Alexis Sánchez is back from world cup and has spoken to Barca staff, next week at earliest

(guardian  http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/04/liverpool-yet-to-reach-agreement-with-barcelona-over-transfer-of-luis-suarez)
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Shrewdness

Even though i'm a staunch United fan, i'm wondering if Liverpool fans on here are as surprised as i am at how quickly the Suarez transfer has reached the point that it has?..It's less than 2 weeks since the biting incident, and yet he's almost a Barcelona player. My question is....Are Liverpool selling him because they can't stand his conduct any longer, or are they selling him because this is a deal that was always going to happen this summer anyway, and with a lot of the background work done, the latest indiscretion has only accelerated the conclusion of the transfer which was going to happen anyway.. I thought he would have stayed for next season with CL football and maybe another shot at the title.

under the bar

It's moving quickly as an expedited process allows Liverpool to save face and the sale itself will move the biting incident off centre stage.

Shrewdness

A quick sale also allows Liverpool to bring in replacements while there is plenty of time left in the transfer window. Reports today that the deal is done at 80M Euros and will be announced early next week. Seems he'll be getting 233,000 Euros a week!!

orangeman

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 05, 2014, 11:30:02 AM
A quick sale also allows Liverpool to bring in replacements while there is plenty of time left in the transfer window. Reports today that the deal is done at 80M Euros and will be announced early next week. Seems he'll be getting 233,000 Euros a week!!

Poor fella.

Someone told me last night they felt sorry for him. The €233k a week might soften the blow.

laoislad

Quote from: orangeman on July 05, 2014, 01:41:59 PM

Poor fella.

Someone told me last night they felt sorry for him. The €233k a week might soften the blow.

When you consider Rooney is on a reported £300k a week then £233k seems good value as Suarez is probably twice the player Rooney is.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

EC Unique

Quote from: laoislad on July 05, 2014, 01:48:09 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 05, 2014, 01:41:59 PM

Poor fella.

When you consider Rooney is on a reported £300k a week then £233k seems good value as Suarez is probably twice the player Rooney is.

;D

Completely obsessed.

Gabriel_Hurl

Says the "United supporter" with hundreds of posts on this thread

brokencrossbar1

Neymar's injury could have a major bearing on the Saurez deal and the Sanchez deal.  With him likely to be out for a number of months can Barca afford to let Sanchez go?  It will be vital for them to have the ban lifted.  Potentially makes LFC position stronger but they may not get Sanchez and could be forced to pay higher for him. 

Syferus

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 05, 2014, 04:11:49 PM
Neymar's injury could have a major bearing on the Saurez deal and the Sanchez deal.  With him likely to be out for a number of months can Barca afford to let Sanchez go?  It will be vital for them to have the ban lifted.  Potentially makes LFC position stronger but they may not get Sanchez and could be forced to pay higher for him.

Neymar should be back in 4 weeks. No surgery needed. Should be fit for the new season.

Still don't understand why Barca would even want three players like Suarez, Messi and Neymar who are only at their best as centerpieces of an attack. Too many cooks and all that.

God14

Ryan Bertrand £6M being reported as a done deal by some very reliable twitter posters.

laoislad

Quote from: God14 on July 05, 2014, 09:07:37 PM
Ryan Bertrand £6M being reported as a done deal by some very reliable twitter posters.
I thought he was very decent any time I saw him for Villa last season.
Very good signing if true IMO. And for only £6 mill! Bargain.

Boycey

Quote from: laoislad on July 05, 2014, 09:11:06 PM

In fairness he could be a blind, one legged hunchback and you would say it was a good signing!

laoislad

Quote from: Boycey on July 05, 2014, 09:16:12 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 05, 2014, 09:11:06 PM

In fairness he could be a blind, one legged hunchback and you would say it was a good signing!
Source?