The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Collie Brolly on June 19, 2014, 10:16:46 PM
Gerrard goes missing AGAIN when needed most.Now when have we seen that before????

Maybe that s as good as he is now? Istanbul is 9 yrs ago. He didn t go missing that night. Besides there was a lot wrong with England apart from Gerrard.

I wonder has Suarez become unkeepable after that tonight? There s bound to be massive approaches to the player.

If he does stay I wonder what treatment he ll get from other fans and press? More respect surely?

Bingo

Gerard played once in similar formation for Liverpool this year V Villa and was exposed as he was tonight. He not the legs to play in a midfield 2 but Roy set them up that way.

Johnson poor, got lucky for goal. Sterling pushed out from position he thrived in last day out a d struggled to find space. Sturridge didn't look like he got in pace of game.

Suarez is different class. 2 outa 2. Rooney had 3 very good chances and scored the tap in when making a good run.

pullhard

laoislad

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 10, 2014, 11:21:51 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 10, 2014, 11:12:51 AM
Quote from: CiKe on June 10, 2014, 11:10:55 AM
Not seen anything mentioned about Shaqiri. What is the view on him at £15mn as alternative to Lallana at £25mn?

I think he's a much better alternative than Lallana!

From what I've seen of him he's a much better prospect than Lallana.
Lallana not been great when he has come on for Engerland.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

God14

Quote from: laoislad on June 20, 2014, 08:35:27 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on June 10, 2014, 11:21:51 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 10, 2014, 11:12:51 AM
Quote from: CiKe on June 10, 2014, 11:10:55 AM
Not seen anything mentioned about Shaqiri. What is the view on him at £15mn as alternative to Lallana at £25mn?

I think he's a much better alternative than Lallana!

From what I've seen of him he's a much better prospect than Lallana.
Lallana not been great when he has come on for Engerland.

Agreed. You'd have to have major doubts about Lallana at £20M+. Hope it doesn't go through. Id love to see the club go all out for Alexi Sanchez. Available for £25-£30M. Quality not in doubt, runs & presses all day. Would be ideal for Rodgers style of play.

Also the Ivory Coast right back Serge Aurier (both Arsenal & Liverpool linked to in the press) looks like a great potential signing. Very impressed with him. Would be an upgrade on Glen Johnson.

Rojo would be a good option at left back.

Shaqiri didn't impress the first time out, but we will get another look at him tonight v France.

blewuporstuffed

If the choice is Lallana or Sanchez for pretty much the same money, its a no brainer for me , i think sanchez would suit Liverpool perfectly.
Lallan is a decent player and at £15m or so i would be happy to have him. anything over that is over priced
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Rossie11

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 20, 2014, 10:19:12 AM
If the choice is Lallana or Sanchez for pretty much the same money, its a no brainer for me , i think sanchez would suit Liverpool perfectly.
Lallan is a decent player and at £15m or so i would be happy to have him. anything over that is over priced

If the choice was Lalllana for 15m or Sanchez for 30m it should still be a no brainer!!

blewuporstuffed

Luis Alberto supposed to be going on loan to malaga for the season.
Liverpool get 1m fee, malaga pay his wages
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

God14

9 months of the year its an absolute joy having Suarez in your side, but I have to say there are 3 months of the year where it gets severely irritating. To my mind he's clearly sending the smoke signals again to Madrid & Barca. He is been a bit more cute about it this time, blaming things on the media etc (He only thinks the English media are bad, the Spanish will be much tougher!)
But there are definite similarities to last summer emerging. I think he will go this time  ???

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: God14 on June 24, 2014, 04:28:43 PM
9 months of the year its an absolute joy having Suarez in your side, but I have to say there are 3 months of the year where it gets severely irritating. To my mind he's clearly sending the smoke signals again to Madrid & Barca. He is been a bit more cute about it this time, blaming things on the media etc (He only thinks the English media are bad, the Spanish will be much tougher!)
But there are definite similarities to last summer emerging. I think he will go this time  ???

Yes I think he will too.

Bingo

According to Tony Barrett he is specifically irked at a headline of on English paper on the day of the match. I'm sure you's can work out which one it is.

Its not just 3 months, its anytime he leaves Liverpool and starts talking to the media! Never smoke without fire and not be surprised to see him go if a big bid comes in. Until that happens, the speculation will go on and on. Last year that bid never came. Seems Real will get Falcao which only leaves Barca. Neymar and Sanchez in a swap deal?

deiseach

On a more positive note, he knows after last season that Liverpool are not bluffing when they say they won't sell him on the cheap. If there really is a buyout clause, he might be gone and whoever included it should be shot. If not, he'll know he's not going anywhere except for Bale+ figures.

AZOffaly

Maybe the buyout clause is Bale+ figures. He'd be a tough replacement job, but maybe with 80-100 million you'd get a few top class players to bring up the overall standard, while losing out his brilliance. He's definitely tiresome with his carry on though.

laoislad

Alexis Sánchez plus €50million?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

EC Unique

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 24, 2014, 04:41:50 PM
Maybe the buyout clause is Bale+ figures. He'd be a tough replacement job, but maybe with 80-100 million you'd get a few top class players to bring up the overall standard, while losing out his brilliance. He's definitely tiresome with his carry on though.

You would better hope the money is spent better than the Bale money!!