The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on April 08, 2014, 11:59:26 AM
Could do with Chelsea qualifying this evening

City are the threat much more than Chelsea. Beat City on Sunday and it's in the bag....

Hound

I don't wish them any ill in the competition, but personally I believe the more success they have in the CL, the better their results will be in the league. 

Bingo

Quote from: EC Unique on April 08, 2014, 12:09:19 PM

City are the threat much more than Chelsea. Beat City on Sunday and it's in the bag....

Ah that's it bollixed then....

Chelsea's to lose now  :(

Estimator

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on April 07, 2014, 10:21:38 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on April 07, 2014, 10:09:19 PM
Did you hear Gerrard saying that West Ham did everything to put them off...heating on in the changing room, didn't water the pitch and the coach had to park a mile away. Wonder does this stuff go on very often?

I was at a tour round QPR in February and they were saying that when Neil Warnock was there he got them to alter the seats in the away changing rooms so that there was a tilt towards the ground from back to front. This meant that the players legs didn't get a chance to rest as there was constant pressure on the calf and thigh.

'Arry changed them back to horizontal.

I done a couple of stadium tours of PL sides, and the away changing room is purposely more uncomfortable than the home changing room. Tour guides explained that psychologists are consulted on the design, colour, size, facilities available to make things as awkwards as possible for the away side.   
Ulster League Champions 2009

AZOffaly

Yeah, the Feng Shui is all fucked up.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Estimator on April 08, 2014, 12:25:58 PM
Did you hear Gerrard saying that West Ham did everything to put them off...heating on in the changing room, didn't water the pitch and the coach had to park a mile away. Wonder does this stuff go on very often?

I was at a tour round QPR in February and they were saying that when Neil Warnock was there he got them to alter the seats in the away changing rooms so that there was a tilt towards the ground from back to front. This meant that the players legs didn't get a chance to rest as there was constant pressure on the calf and thigh.

I done a couple of stadium tours of PL sides, and the away changing room is purposely more uncomfortable than the home changing room. Tour guides explained that psychologists are consulted on the design, colour, size, facilities available to make things as awkwards as possible for the away side.

There were lots of different things employed.  Another one was that there was no toilet door, so if you wanted to go you had to sit and work your way through it in full view of the rest of the team.

trileacman

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on April 08, 2014, 12:28:44 PM

There were lots of different things employed.  Another one was that there was no toilet door, so if you wanted to go you had to sit and work your way through it in full view of the rest of the team.

Must be some fancy fcukers playing soccer now, I always shite with the door open.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

blewuporstuffed

Doesn't one club not have the home team dressing room door a few inches lower than the rest of the doors to make their players look bigger to the opposition on the way in/out?  ;D
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

smort

Stoke did this when Delap was playing, made the pitch narrower to give him more room for his run-up to launch in the long throws. When they played in Europe they actually had to widen their pitch to meet UEFA regulations regarding pitch dimensions.

Then when Stoke travelled to other grounds teams would widen the pitch or move the advertising hoardings in to restrict his run-ups.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: trileacman on April 08, 2014, 12:40:12 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on April 08, 2014, 12:28:44 PM

Must be some fancy fcukers playing soccer now, I always shite with the door open.

This was more like a bog beside the urinal with no wall separating them. Nowhere to hang a door

moysider

Reminds me of story Babs. Spent the morning of a Munster final soaking the match sliotars in a bucket of water to shorten up Ger Cunningham's puck-outs.

Two Hands FFS

Well Moyes must have made the away dressing rooms like a 5 star hotel going on United's results this season

Mayo4Sam

I think it's a great think Chelsea are through, they've been poor before CL matches this year. Hopefully they get Madrid in the semis, second leg is the week they play liverpool
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Bingo

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on April 08, 2014, 11:04:28 PM
I think it's a great think Chelsea are through, they've been poor before CL matches this year. Hopefully they get Madrid in the semis, second leg is the week they play liverpool

It's all about this weekend and the City game. Chelsea game can wait.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Bingo on April 08, 2014, 11:14:25 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on April 08, 2014, 11:04:28 PM

It's all about this weekend and the City game. Chelsea game can wait.

Yeah, I'm looking no further than the City game. Lose that and well, the Chelsea game is, well, almost irrelevant!