The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: deiseach on April 07, 2014, 06:22:27 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 06, 2014, 11:27:12 PM
That's sound Tony, deiseach, From the Bunker, Laoislad but I would suspect I could predict the reaction from many on here if United were getting so many penalties in a title run-in!!

Given your record with predictions this season...

What is my record?

deiseach

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 07, 2014, 08:41:05 AM
That's sound Tony, deiseach, From the Bunker, Laoislad but I would suspect I could predict the reaction from many on here if United were getting so many penalties in a title run-in!!

What is my record?

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 21, 2013, 10:59:53 PM
I think United will do well because (a) they have a very good squad as it is; (b) I am pretty sure United will spend a lot this summer to strengthen the squad, the club will be extremely anxious to show the transition is working; (c) after my initial negative reaction I'm beginning to think Moyes is actually the perfect replacement in these circumstances.

As regards to the "back seat driver" issue I cannot see Ferguson doing that. He is far too cute for that. He will help Moyes as and when Moyes wants - I'd be shocked if it hasn't been discussed and agreed.

The big challengers will be Chelsea and city of course (Arsenal will buy and improve but not enough to really challenge). Interesting that all 3 will have new bosses at the helm - who will settle in quickest. My hunch is United is the most stable environment so I'm boldly predicting that Moyes takes the title in year 1!

The 'of course' bit is particularly delicious.

laoislad

This was the league table only 9 games ago.
Incredible turn around really.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

Speaking of predictions, I remember talking to my brother before the Spurs-Everton game and we both agreed Everton presented a bigger threat than Spurs so a home win was preferable. I guess even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 07, 2014, 08:28:23 AM
Quote from: neilthemac on April 07, 2014, 06:05:41 AM
So that's 12 penalties for the pool this season.

Since Rogers kicked up a stink they've been getting a lot of favourable treatment

You are sounding like the Mancs on the redcafe.com forum in their many many currently active Liverpool obsessed threads, one of the dozen or so such threads is about Liverpool penalties. The threads are a pleasure to read as as a collective they admit Liverpools class but cannot handle it and have all become City supporters lol

So the Mancs are obsessed with Liverpool fans....

And you know this because you have been reading redcafe  :o
Hasta la victoria siempre

J OGorman

Quote from: deiseach on April 07, 2014, 08:51:47 AM

What is my record?

I think United will do well because (a) they have a very good squad as it is; (b) I am pretty sure United will spend a lot this summer to strengthen the squad, the club will be extremely anxious to show the transition is working; (c) after my initial negative reaction I'm beginning to think Moyes is actually the perfect replacement in these circumstances.

As regards to the "back seat driver" issue I cannot see Ferguson doing that. He is far too cute for that. He will help Moyes as and when Moyes wants - I'd be shocked if it hasn't been discussed and agreed.

The big challengers will be Chelsea and city of course (Arsenal will buy and improve but not enough to really challenge). Interesting that all 3 will have new bosses at the helm - who will settle in quickest. My hunch is United is the most stable environment so I'm boldly predicting that Moyes takes the title in year 1!

;D 

EC Unique

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on April 07, 2014, 09:09:55 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 07, 2014, 08:28:23 AM

Since Rogers kicked up a stink they've been getting a lot of favourable treatment

You are sounding like the Mancs on the redcafe.com forum in their many many currently active Liverpool obsessed threads, one of the dozen or so such threads is about Liverpool penalties. The threads are a pleasure to read as as a collective they admit Liverpools class but cannot handle it and have all become City supporters lol

So the Mancs are obsessed with Liverpool fans....

And you know this because you have been reading redcafe  :o

It's a 2 way obsession. ;D

magpie seanie

Quote from: deiseach on April 07, 2014, 08:51:47 AM

What is my record?

So that's one I got (mostly) wrong. What about any other predictions I made? How did they go? How would I be doing % wise?

deiseach

Never mind the quality, feel the width. Could be the motto for Man Utd's season.

Jonah

Both of them were clear penalties yesterday I don't understand how anyone thinks otherwise.
The goalkeeper grabbed the Liverpool players leg and pulled him down . It's a peno all day long imo.

Keepthefaith93

Quote from: Jonah on April 07, 2014, 10:18:53 AM

Both of them were clear penalties yesterday I don't understand how anyone thinks otherwise.
The goalkeeper grabbed the Liverpool players leg and pulled him down . It's a peno all day long imo.
[/b]

+1

deiseach

There's a stink because people are latching onto the (reasonable) idea that the referee awarded the second penalty to make up for his outrageous mistake for the West Ham goal. It makes for good narrative.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on April 07, 2014, 10:32:30 AM

[/b]

+1

I have to say, when i seen it first i didnt think it was a penalty, but after several views of it from different angles, im not so sure, i think he did foul him.
The Keeper certainly got a touch on the ball, but he then when on to pull Flanagan down.
To be fair to teh referee, its a very hard call to amek and im still not sure if it was a penalty or not. After the blunder he amde for west hams goal, i think he was always going to lean towards liverpool when making a tight call like that.

I thought big sams criticism of flanagan though was very unfair, certainly wasn't a dive i dont think.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

magpie seanie

Quote from: deiseach on April 07, 2014, 10:09:09 AM
Never mind the quality, feel the width. Could be the motto for Man Utd's season.

??????

I should have known better.

neilthemac

Still though. 12 penos.
Twice as many as the next team -Chelsea