The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: deiseach on March 26, 2014, 10:19:17 AM
A warning from history. Not that we need one. And by 'history', I mean 'last night'. Anyway. Leicester City 1-1 Yeovil Town :-X
[/quote

I know but we know that we have exceeded all expectations this season so far.  A top 3 finish is the prize, a League title the unthinkable utopia.  1 game at a time and see where it all ends!

Bingo

Uneasy feeling about it tonight (whats new). Sunderland have been more impressive away from home and against the top half teams this year and they really need to put in a shift tonight.

Alot dismissing the game (maybe rightly so) as a banker but that never sits well with him. The strikers are bound to have an off game which will put the shaky defence under pressure. We got away with it V Swansea but how often can that happen?

One positive is that its been a few games since they've had a home game and the crowd seem to be buzzing for a big night under the lights at Anfield. They have even organised the flags to greet the team arriving on the bus before the game - last time they done that was V spurs in 2010 and it had a big impact. I sorted a lad with 2 tickets for it and he is buzzing heading over, I was tempted to let him down and head myself  ;)

deiseach

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 26, 2014, 10:21:33 AM
Quote from: deiseach on March 26, 2014, 10:19:17 AM
A warning from history. Not that we need one. And by 'history', I mean 'last night'. Anyway. Leicester City 1-1 Yeovil Town :-X

I know but we know that we have exceeded all expectations this season so far.  A top 3 finish is the prize, a League title the unthinkable utopia.  1 game at a time and see where it all ends!

Don't get me wrong, it's been wonderful. I lost count of the amount of times I watched the fifth goal from Saturday. The nonchalant way John Bradley says 'Sturridge' as he (Sturridge, not John Bradley), slots it in...wonderful.

I'd still like more though.

AZOffaly

I have an uneasy feeling about every game, and at some point the balloon has to burst. I can't see LFC winning all games to the end of the season, and I think they'll need to if they are going to win the title.

However, it is a helluva ride, and fair play to them for what they've done so far. The next game is always the most vital one, and Sunderland at home is one of those fixtures you'd be saying 'typical Liverpool, fall on their arses when the chance is there' in the past. In the recent past they've avoided that, since the West Brom game, so hopefully they can continue tonight. Go for the throat early and Sunderland might decide to conserve themselves for games in the coming weeks. This is no lose territory for Sunderland, so you know they'll be free and easy if they're allowed remain in the game.

I presume Borini is not eligible?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 26, 2014, 10:42:59 AM
I have an uneasy feeling about every game, and at some point the balloon has to burst. I can't see LFC winning all games to the end of the season, and I think they'll need to if they are going to win the title.

However, it is a helluva ride, and fair play to them for what they've done so far. The next game is always the most vital one, and Sunderland at home is one of those fixtures you'd be saying 'typical Liverpool, fall on their arses when the chance is there' in the past. In the recent past they've avoided that, since the West Brom game, so hopefully they can continue tonight. Go for the throat early and Sunderland might decide to conserve themselves for games in the coming weeks. This is no lose territory for Sunderland, so you know they'll be free and easy if they're allowed remain in the game.

FFS with the form Liverpool are in its a 3 pointer with added goal difference, Suaraez for another hatrick tonight. 11/2 that's shit odds though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

heganboy

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 26, 2014, 10:42:59 AM

yes, Borini is unavailable, and our sneaky manager was having words with Mr Borini this week about moving back in the summer...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

AZOffaly

Sunderland are 14/1 tonight. That's absolutely crazy.

supersub

Reflects the situation - West Ham were 18/1 to beat City in the cup a few weeks back. Mad enough for a two horse race but bookies rarely get it wrong!!

JohnDenver

Quote from: supersub on March 26, 2014, 01:49:24 PM
Reflects the situation - West Ham were 18/1 to beat City in the cup a few weeks back. Mad enough for a two horse race but bookies rarely get it wrong!!

Not to be pedantic, but it's a three horse race when you include the draw.

Sunderland can be backed at 19/1, with the draw available at 17/2.  That looks like a big price for the draw.

Bingo

I see the Reds are coming to play Rovers in the Avivia on 14th May, a few days after the league finishes. They say it will be a first team squad but with WC and players trying to squeeze in a break before heading to it will there be many of the star names there? It will be in advance of WC squads getting together as the european leagues and cup competition matches won't be played at that stage.

Be nice to see the EPL trophy on parade though even if the players aren't all in attendence  ;D

Captain Obvious

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 26, 2014, 01:11:34 PM
Sunderland are 14/1 tonight. That's absolutely crazy.

It's over thirty years since Sunderland won a league game in Anfield. In current form Liverpool should win tonights game by three or four goals

criostlinn

Any links for the match tonight

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J OGorman

Kop kitted out like the great European nights