The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Great stuff NL. That's the sort of day I'd love to have with himself. I have to say, all joking aside, I'd love a picture with the TIA sign. I've been to Anfield several times but never did the tour.

deiseach

I wouldn't knock back the idea of doing the tour on the day. Sure, it's going to be limited but the logistics of staying an extra day, especially as there are so few fixtures that you can be sure will actually be played on the shagging day that they are originally scheduled, must be nightmarish.

AZOffaly

I think when I'm going we'll be sound enough. It's going to be August, and if it's a pre-season friendly or an early premiership game they can't be subject to too much movement.

Bingo

The first half of the season is alot easier to plan and book as the sky fixtures are normally planned out to start of December plus the european fixtures will be known and the FA cup hasn't started.

Post christmas and particularly past January is an absolute nightmare.

deiseach

Quote from: North Longford on March 05, 2014, 07:28:29 AM
Did the tour the day after the chelsea game where luis appeared to get very hungry near the end.

How obvious was it at the time that something FUBAR had happened?

North Longford

QuoteHow obvious was it at the time that something FUBAR had happened?

Actually don't think a single person in the ground noticed it.
I should have been working at the towns cup final with longford rfc and I was following the game on twitter and started to see these strange tweets. First one was a journalist who said. ..did suarez really do what i think he did....the tweets got more definite over the next few mins. It was on that telly in the bootroom cafe that we saw it first. Sure only for television he'd have gotten away with it. God knows how many lads were canibalised before sky came on the scene!!!

North Longford

Should actually credit Mrs nl for that weekend away. One of better christmas presents. Everything booked. ..flights, game, dinner and tour.  She even came with us and didn't go to game.  Think she was sorry.
I got interviewed outside the ground after the tour for my opinion on poor luis...never showed it on the telly tho...mrs nl said they were looking for a soundbite not an oration. I reckon the accent was the real problem! !

Bingo

Fair play NL, great pictures and I'd say great memories from the day.

deiseach

Quote from: North Longford on March 05, 2014, 01:57:49 PM
I got interviewed outside the ground after the tour for my opinion on poor luis...never showed it on the telly tho...mrs nlsaid they were looking for a soundbite not an oration. I reckon the accent was the real problem! !

Must have been the Longford brogue, they had no problem with my accent the time I got interviewed before a game ;)

naka

Quote from: supersub on March 04, 2014, 11:48:30 PM
I've no weeun to offer but I'll go too :)
I will be bringing the 10 year old so I am in 8)

deiseach

Yeah, because dad 'n' lad tickets grow on trees.

God14

Great pics North Longford, im sure the young fellas enjoyed it

So, ten games left. Just looking at the fixtures to come & I reckon we will would need 72 points to qualify for the Champions league. I think it would take 85 points to win the PL this season.

March                                My PREDICT   
Sun - 16   Man United   A   13:30         WIN   3
Sat - 22   Cardiff                A   15:00         DRAW   1
Wed - 26   Sunderland   H   20:00         WIN   3
Sun - 30   Tottenham   H   16:00         WIN   3
April                     
Sun - 6   West Ham   A   16:00         LOSE   0
Sun - 13   Man City                H   14:05         LOSE   0
Sun - 20   Norwich                A   12:00         WIN   3
Sun - 27   Chelsea                H   14:05         DRAW   1
May                     
Sat - 3   Crystal Palace   A   15:00         WIN   3
Sun - 11   Newcastle                H   15:00         WIN   3

I reckon we will finish with around 79 points. Fingers crossed, id be delighted with that.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: God14 on March 05, 2014, 02:56:36 PM
Great pics North Longford, im sure the young fellas enjoyed it

So, ten games left. Just looking at the fixtures to come & I reckon we will would need 72 points to qualify for the Champions league. I think it would take 85 points to win the PL this season.

March                                My PREDICT   
Sun - 16   Man United   A   13:30         WIN   3
Sat - 22   Cardiff                A   15:00         DRAW   1
Wed - 26   Sunderland   H   20:00         WIN   3
Sun - 30   Tottenham   H   16:00         WIN   3
April                     
Sun - 6   West Ham   A   16:00         LOSE   0
Sun - 13   Man City                H   14:05         LOSE   0
Sun - 20   Norwich                A   12:00         WIN   3
Sun - 27   Chelsea                H   14:05         DRAW   1
May                     
Sat - 3   Crystal Palace   A   15:00         WIN   3
Sun - 11   Newcastle                H   15:00         WIN   3

I reckon we will finish with around 79 points. Fingers crossed, id be delighted with that.

f**k predictions,  that is EC's job!!!  One game at a time and see where it goes from there,  enjoy the journey as we go along!

gawa316

laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 05, 2014, 03:05:59 PM
One game at a time and see where it goes from there,  enjoy the journey as we go along!
Don't think I've ever enjoyed a season as much. Hope it doesn't all end in tears!
I think 3rd would be great, at least it would mean automatic qualification for Champions league
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.