The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Speaking of away fans, it looks like West Ham are to offer up to 8k away tickets for future home games at the Olympic stadium!

laoislad

Quote from: deiseach on March 04, 2014, 04:04:31 PM
Quote from: laoislad on March 04, 2014, 03:58:56 PM
I was in St James's myself once at a game,coldest place on earth from what I remember! Well is was November but still I have never experienced cold like it.

I'm told the seats for away fans are reminiscent of watching a game at sea level from the top of Everest.

I wasn't an away fan! I was in with the Geordies.
It  was a game between Newcastle and Man City. It was the same day England won the Rugby World Cup whenever that was.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 04, 2014, 03:48:50 PM
Planning on bringing the young lad to his first match this summer (pre-season or early premiership game). I can't wait. That flash of unreal green when you walk up the steps at the back of the Kop always takes my breath away.

Looking forward to doing the stadium tour as well. Might take a couple of days off and do the tour on a separate day. Anybody else do that?

Doing the tour on match day is restricted ie you may not get to dugouts or dressing rooms, so best to plan that in advance, day after may be better.

In a similar boat myself, he is 6 but has me tortured!

deiseach

Quote from: Bingo on March 04, 2014, 04:55:10 PM

Huh. He probably thinks it's like this every year, the Reds mowing down teams at Anfield like it was the fecking Somme. Kids, eh?

AZOffaly

Quote from: deiseach on March 04, 2014, 05:01:37 PM

Huh. He probably thinks it's like this every year, the Reds mowing down teams at Anfield like it was the fecking Somme. Kids, eh?

When I was a young lad I did the tour of Wembley, the old Wembley obviously. Part of that we got to lift the (replica) FA Cup at the top of the steps there. It was brilliant as a kid. Do Liverpool have anything like that with old big ears? I'd love, I mean I'm sure my little lad would love to get his photo taken with it :)

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 04, 2014, 05:08:10 PM
When I was a young lad I did the tour of Wembley, the old Wembley obviously. Part of that we got to lift the (replica) FA Cup at the top of the steps there. It was brilliant as a kid. Do Liverpool have anything like that with old big ears? I'd love, I mean I'm sure my little lad would love to get his photo taken with it :)

You can have your photo taken with it but they won't let you pick it up. In fairness, I can understand that because you'd have people swinging it around like Milan Baros but it doesn't feel right.

brokencrossbar1

We could maybe organise an auld triple date and we could take all our cubs!!!  Icould bring the 15 year old to baby sit too!!!

Bingo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 04, 2014, 05:24:09 PM
We could maybe organise an auld triple date and we could take all our cubs!!!  Icould bring the 15 year old to baby sit too!!!

Perfect. He'd not thank you for it mind, him heading to the hotel and the local girls just heading out for the night  ;D

Quote from: deiseach on March 04, 2014, 05:01:37 PM

He will be in for some disappointment in years ahead!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on March 04, 2014, 05:38:34 PM

Perfect. He'd not thank you for it mind, him heading to the hotel and the local girls just heading out for the night  ;D

He can shift and drift at home, it's BCB senior time!!!!

Bingo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 04, 2014, 05:40:32 PM

Wouldn't be only the wee ones he'd be babysitting I'd reckon!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on March 04, 2014, 05:42:22 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 04, 2014, 05:40:32 PM

Wouldn't be only the wee ones he'd be babysitting I'd reckon!

;D

supersub

I've no weeun to offer but I'll go too :)

North Longford

Did the tour the day after the chelsea game where luis appeared to get very hungry near the end. Did whats known as the legends tour where one past player leads the tour. We had Aldo and he was an absolute gent. Must have had his picture taken about 500 times. He was like a kid in a sweet shop. He just seemed to love talking about Anfield and his time playing and everything else. Some great stories. The most obvious being how gutted he was to be sold. Only ever wanted to finish his career with Liverpool. Really enjoyed it....Most of the pics are self explanatory!! The second last one is the bootroom cafe for dinner after the game....Alan Kennedy in the background doing a bit of chatting.....was a bit funny because he wasn't sure what to say about the Luis incident....he probably hadn't even heard what Rodgers had to say about it....altho as the last one shows we could have told him a few mins later

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Billys Boots

Count me (and Boots Jnr) in as well!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...