The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

That's 4th secured now, pressure off and the chance of moving up that mini table (top four). No reason to think they can't win the league, Arsenal will fall away and that leaves Chelsea and City, be a good dog fight
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bingo

SHEEDY

Quote from: EC Unique on February 23, 2014, 06:25:34 PM
The title talk is amusing ;D
wont be amusing if it actually happens. starting to dread that we could see it happen. c'mon to feck city or arsenal, even Chelsea though don't really want them to win it either. :'(
nil satis nisi optimum

EC Unique

Quote from: Bingo on February 23, 2014, 06:57:16 PM

I,ll humour you, explain why?

Simply not good enough. Away form is average and now seem to be leaking goals at an alarming rate. I expect City and Chelsea will both take points out of Anfield. Liverpool are playing out of their skin to be in fourth while City and Chelsea are playing poorly yet are still ahead. If one if them find a bit of good playing form they will race away with the title. I expect City will. Liverpool may yet get 3rd but that will be it. Just my opinion of course which I realise holds little value here.

ludermor

Quote from: EC Unique on February 23, 2014, 08:44:14 PM

Simply not good enough. Away form is average and now seem to be leaking goals at an alarming rate. I expect City and Chelsea will both take points out of Anfield. Liverpool are playing out of their skin to be in fourth while City and Chelsea are playing poorly yet are still ahead. If one if them find a bit of good playing form they will race away with the title. I expect City will. Liverpool may yet get 3rd but that will be it. Just my opinion of course which I realise holds little value here.
Just Here?

Gazzler

Just my opinion of course which I realise holds little value here.
Not just in here I reckon  ;D

Bingo

Just to keep it going - away form is only two points worse off than city and three worse off then Chelsea. We've gone to both places and got nothing, that's the only difference between them.

If you'd have said the defence isn't good enough, fair enough, I'd agree but you points above are largely heresay and if, buts and maybe.

EC Unique

Quote from: Bingo on February 23, 2014, 08:58:28 PM

Just to keep it going - away form is only two points worse off than city and three worse off then Chelsea. We've gone to both places and got nothing, that's the only difference between them.

If you'd have said the defence isn't good enough, fair enough, I'd agree but you points above are largely heresay and if, buts and maybe.

I said Liverpool are leaking goals at an alarming rate which more or less is saying the defence is not good enough. A quick look at the away form table and Liverpool are 5th over the last 6 games. Like I said it is just my opinion, but Liverpool are just not good enough to win a league at present. If they have a good transfer window in the summer then next year maybe.

deiseach

So Liverpool cane Everton and Arsenal at home then have a bad day against Swansea, yet it's the Swansea game that will inform how they are likely to play against Citeh and Chelsea when they come to Anfield? You're only as good as your last game is a cliché, not an iron law. I don't think Liverpool are going to win the title. We're likely to still be four points behind someone with one round of games yet. But at least we're having the conversation.

From the Bunker

I agree! They are 4 points off Chelsea at the top. Not a hope in hell!  ;)

laoislad

Since when is getting 3 points considered a bad day?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

Quote from: laoislad on February 23, 2014, 09:34:09 PM

Relatively speaking. You can get 3 points and end up getting relegated. And it was definitely a bad day for my heart :o

AZOffaly

How many times over the past 10/15/20 years have those sort of games (Fulham, behind twice; Swansea, throwing away a lead twice) ended up in draws or defeats. Many, many times in my memory. The fact that Liverpool have gutted it out to win both of them is a great sign. Obviously the defence is a problem, and you can't rely on scoring 3 and 4 goals a game every day, but they are sticking at it and getting the rewards at the moment.

Bingo

Regardless of EC trying to make himself feel better, the result was all important. Performance dropped from last few games and somewhat riding our luck. Team looks a bit low on energy, no more so then Suarez. But can rest this week and then have a lovely two weeks before the mancs.

Pack them all off next Sunday for a week in the sun and recharge for the run in.

I don't thinks many actually think we'll the title but we are in the thick of it and should be thinking of it, easiest way to secure the top 4.

laoislad

Quote from: deiseach on February 23, 2014, 09:37:07 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 23, 2014, 09:34:09 PM

Relatively speaking. You can get 3 points and end up getting relegated. And it was definitely a bad day for my heart :o
Time to get a pacemaker fitted so because I reckon there may be a few more days like today between now and end of season.
Sure isn't it better this way than to fighting Newcastle for 7th spot  ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.