The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Snooker has a class of punishment for "bringing the game into disrepute".
Soccer could do with the same. But Suarez probably needs some sort of help as well.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/apr/21/luis-suarez-bite

magpie seanie

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 22, 2013, 11:09:21 AM
Keane ended a players career and has more or less admitted he meant to do him harm. There is absolutely no comparison betwene what Suarez did and what Keane did to Haaland.

IN saying that Suarez is a wee toerag who creates nothing but bad press for Liverpool but on the pitch maybe they do need him.

Sky sports have everything under the microscope these days. Bad press for Liverpool.

No he didn't. That's simply untrue.

Bingo

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 22, 2013, 11:21:58 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 22, 2013, 11:09:21 AM
Keane ended a players career and has more or less admitted he meant to do him harm. There is absolutely no comparison betwene what Suarez did and what Keane did to Haaland.

IN saying that Suarez is a wee toerag who creates nothing but bad press for Liverpool but on the pitch maybe they do need him.

Sky sports have everything under the microscope these days. Bad press for Liverpool.

No he didn't. That's simply untrue.

Is right, Haaland played again the following week, if i recall right or at least the same season, much to Keanes annoyance as the intention was that he wouldn't play for a long time. But its not the same, laughable really.

johnneycool

With all these players wearing eye protectors and head gear should Suarez be made wear a muzzle (or gimp mask) for the protection of his fellow players?

deiseach

Keane didn't end Haaland's career. It was the left knee that did for Haaland, which means Roy's attempt to turn Haaland's right knee into a mass of blood and cartilage was perfectly okay.

Bingo

Quote from: johnneycool on April 22, 2013, 11:24:36 AM
With all these players wearing eye protectors and head gear should Suarez be made wear a muzzle (or gimp mask) for the protection of his fellow players?

Even a gunsheild would be a start.

magpie seanie

"Cantona assaulted a fan" - ah here! This "fan" was a convicted violent robber who attacked the prosection after he was found guilty a few years earlier. He had links to BNP and other nice chaps and racially abused Cantona. Cantona probably shouldn't have kicked him but he accepted his punishment, moved on and came back stronger. He didn't kick any other "fans" again. Simmons subsequently was convicted of assaulting his sons football team manager - nice to see him getting such support on here.

magpie seanie

Quote from: deiseach on April 22, 2013, 11:27:22 AM
Keane didn't end Haaland's career. It was the left knee that did for Haaland, which means Roy's attempt to turn Haaland's right knee into a mass of blood and cartilage was perfectly okay.

The first part is 100% correct. The second is a conclusion even a child wouldn't make.

deiseach

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 22, 2013, 11:37:27 AM

The first part is 100% correct. The second is a conclusion even a child wouldn't make.

I'm basing my conclusion on his own words. NB please don't blame Eamon Dunphy for those words.

Jonah

Oh dear.... :-\

magpie seanie

Quote from: deiseach on April 22, 2013, 11:39:55 AM

I'm basing my conclusion on his own words. NB please don't blame Eamon Dunphy for those words.

I thought you were implying I thought Keane's lunge at Haaland was ok.

Bingo

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 22, 2013, 11:35:54 AM
"Cantona assaulted a fan" - ah here! This "fan" was a convicted violent robber who attacked the prosection after he was found guilty a few years earlier. He had links to BNP and other nice chaps and racially abused Cantona. Cantona probably shouldn't have kicked him but he accepted his punishment, moved on and came back stronger. He didn't kick any other "fans" again. Simmons subsequently was convicted of assaulting his sons football team manager - nice to see him getting such support on here.

Cantona should be congratulated for having done his backround check on the thug before he decided to jump two footed into him. And I don't think too many are defending Simmons, most probably where happy to see it.

But Cantona crossed the line, Suarez crossed the line, Keane crossed the line, thats the issue. The recipient doesn't come into it.

trueblue1234

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 22, 2013, 11:35:54 AM

;D

I'm glad Cantona knew all these details before he lunged in on the fan.
Seriously Seanie how you think there is any different is the scummy actions of Cantona, Keane to the scummy actions of Suarez is laughable. Keane tried to hurt Haaland, and attempted to do a lot more damage than Suarez was trying to do. All of them scummy actions.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

deiseach

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 22, 2013, 11:45:19 AM
I thought you were implying I thought Keane's lunge at Haaland was ok.

So you accept that Keane attempted to mangle Haaland's knee, yet you think comparisons with Suarez are "laughable". It only makes sense when you're a complete chauvinist.

superblues

how many times is suarez going to cross the line