The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridgegael

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

EC Unique

Quote from: laoislad on January 20, 2013, 09:29:51 PM
Quote from: heganboy on January 20, 2013, 09:07:30 PM
I like the sound of Coates going to West Brom on loan. Some games would do him the power of good and if he does do well he can come back and or improve his value in the market. Worst case he's off the wage bill...

I read somewhere that Coates going could be a major factor in Wesley Sneijder  coming in,freeing up wages etc.
I think it was a permanent move away for Coates though.
I think there is a chance Sneijder will come,Gerrard certainly wants him going by Goals on Sunday this morning.
Quote from: bridgegael on January 20, 2013, 09:35:12 PM
sneijder awsy to galatasary
;D ;D.

Back to the drawing board.

laoislad

Just reading that on BBC website, deal subject to medical tomorrow apparently.
A shame if true, I would have liked to see him at Anfield. No offer made from any PL club it says.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

stew

Quote from: laoislad on January 20, 2013, 10:16:06 PM
Just reading that on BBC website, deal subject to medical tomorrow apparently.
A shame if true, I would have liked to see him at Anfield. No offer made from any PL club it says.

A good non buy from Liverpool I would say.

QPR should have bought him, at least then they could say they were the most expensive team in history to get relegated in any country.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

From the Bunker

Have to say, I'm happy with that. A year or two ago i would have had a different emotion to losing out on Sneijder. But he's not what Liverpool need at the moment. And him heading to Galatasaray speaks volumes about where he is at as a player.

Gabriel_Hurl

dodged a bullet with Sneijder

Good to see the obsession continuing elsewhere  :D

Bingo

Who needs Sneijder, we got Hendo  ;)

As i said near last week, wasn't convinced about him, a year or two too late perhaps. Just didn't sit right that there was so little interest in him, even the Russians weren't chasing him and they would buy anyone.

More talk of another Inter player Mutinho now, a 20 year old. Can't say I know too much about him.

blewuporstuffed

heading over with a few lads to the liverpool spurs game, and  isee its now been changed to 4 on the sunday. whats the chances in making a 7 oclock flight home that evening?
could you get straight from anfield in time??
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Canalman

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 21, 2013, 09:52:30 AM
heading over with a few lads to the liverpool spurs game, and  isee its now been changed to 4 on the sunday. whats the chances in making a 7 oclock flight home that evening?

Will be very tight imo. Best advice I can give you is to have the taxi waiting for you after the match (shouldn't be a problem as Liverpool taxi drivers are sound) and your bags in the boot. Won't  get into Anfield  with the bags.

Can always book one of the late night flights from Manchester if you want to be sure of getting home the same day.

Bingo

Its moved to Sunday at the minute but isn't it also a FA Cup weekend, so if either team are still involved you'll see another change altogether. You could be getting to a FA cup home tie for Liverpool. At worse you get no match.

As for making the 7pm flight, very very tight for a 4pm kick off. You'd have to leave early, get taxi, 20mins-30mins to airport, fast track security and you'll be pushing it very tight at that. Worse about it, is that you get no comfort for the Sunday as you have it in the head about making the flight.

laoislad

See canm you get a late flight from Manchester. We nearly always fly to Manchester and get train to Liverpool.
Nearly aways works out cheaper.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on January 21, 2013, 10:23:57 AM
See canm you get a late flight from Manchester. We nearly always fly to Manchester and get train to Liverpool.

It can do provided United not at home the same weekend, which just puts Liverpool and United flights through the roof.

Second half of the season is a nightmare for trying to get to games due to slow release of TV games and moving games for the cup fixtures.

These Coutinho deal looks to be moving closer.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: laoislad on January 21, 2013, 10:23:57 AM
how long does the train take?
does it go straigh tfrom liverpool to manchester airport?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Bingo on January 21, 2013, 10:17:18 AM

Its moved to Sunday at the minute but isn't it also a FA Cup weekend, so if either team are still involved you'll see another change altogether. You could be getting to a FA cup home tie for Liverpool. At worse you get no match.

As for making the 7pm flight, very very tight for a 4pm kick off. You'd have to leave early, get taxi, 20mins-30mins to airport, fast track security and you'll be pushing it very tight at that. Worse about it, is that you get no comfort for the Sunday as you have it in the head about making the flight.
best to wait till after sunday then to see if withe club is still involved and what the draw is.
nightmare tryting to get everything sorted and meanwhile flighst are going up and up  :-\
gonna stick to the pre christmas games from now on!

Bingo

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 21, 2013, 11:40:35 AM
best to wait till after sunday then to see if withe club is still involved and what the draw is.
nightmare tryting to get everything sorted and meanwhile flighst are going up and up  :-\
gonna stick to the pre christmas games from now on!

I would imagine that at least one of them is involved.

Every match is a pain, even the Swansea match is still uncomfirmed as they could be in league cup final that day. The West Ham game the same as its Grand National weekend. I've tickets for the Derby in May but nothing booked as yet.