The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

I'm heading to the Swansea game the weekend after the second round. I take it that means the game will be on the Sunday?

Minder

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on December 06, 2012, 09:45:45 PM
I'm heading to the Swansea game the weekend after the second round. I take it that means the game will be on the Sunday?

Yes
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Minder on December 06, 2012, 09:48:53 PM

Yes

Cheers. I'll wait to see how Swansea do in the league cup before booking my flights.

Minder

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on December 06, 2012, 09:59:06 PM

Yes

Cheers. I'll wait to see how Swansea do in the league cup before booking my flights.

Myself and Tony Baloney were planning on going over for the Spurs game on Saturday 9th but if they get through the next round of Europa League the last 16 game is on the 7 March so it will be moved to the Sunday, going to be a f**k up, may just forget about it I think.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Minder on December 06, 2012, 10:04:00 PM

Yes

Myself and Tony Baloney were planning on going over for the Spurs game on Saturday 9th but if they get through the next round of Europa League the last 16 game is on the 7 March so it will be moved to the Sunday, going to be a f**k up, may just forget about it I think.

Sunday games are a mess. Looks like I'll have to book the Monday off. I've a stag do the Friday after it too in Edinburgh so there won't be a lot of work done that week.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on December 06, 2012, 10:04:00 PM

Yes

These matches after Xmas are a bollox as it'll be Jan before fixtures are confirmed. Could be a couple of disappointed wee boys.

GalwayBayBoy

Think it's one loss in the last 10 games now so the team definitely seems to have become a bit more solid. Not scoring much though so we need some help in the attacking third of the field to help Suarez out and maybe give some of the others likes Sterling a rest. Have a decent run of fixtures over Christmas and the new year and then hopefully get a couple of new players in.

deiseach

What an odd team Udinese are. They looked world beaters in the earlier game. I'd like to think that they couldn't be bothered about the Europa League but got inspired by a visit to Anfield. It's much more likely though that they are just plain odd.

There's plenty of scope for improvement on last season in the upcoming games. Drew with Villa and lost to Fulham, Stoke and QPR (cue four defeats).

deiseach

Quote from: Link on December 06, 2012, 08:43:06 PM
possibility of getting ajax, ath madrid, napoli or inter.

Napoli would be good . . .

. . . as would Inter.

nifan

QuoteWhat an odd team Udinese are. They looked world beaters in the earlier game

Think di natale only playing a bit part weakened them - he very nearly scored with about his only meaningful touch of the ball too.

Bingo

The most annoying thing about the Europa league is that it plays havoc with trying to plan a trip in new year considering that the tickets have been bought already.

Its a decent competition now and should be some good ties in the next few rounds if teams start to play their full strength teams which will happen as the rounds go on.

Important now to try and get a win away to West Ham who are in good form. Hard to see it with no Suarez as an outlet, possibly Shelvey up front with Gerard in support. Can't see better than a draw myself.

AZOffaly

Would it be worth trying one of the youth/reserve strikers? Morgan?

Bingo

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 07, 2012, 11:06:51 AM
Would it be worth trying one of the youth/reserve strikers? Morgan?

He hasn't been tried in the Europa league or the League cup, I don't think he will try him against a Big Sam managed premier league team. Yessil either.

I was disappointed not to have seen Morgan or Pacheo in either of these competitions as they would have been worth a try. They playing well for the U21's.

Gabriel_Hurl

I'd be surprised if Pacheco is around much longer. He's not happy at all

J70

Joke of a penalty. How the f**k was that intentional? :o